Laughing City
ElDan
Sea Post King

Wait a second, is Eisley a primarily young band? Also, I read an article once that mentioned they were related, does anyone have any info on that?

/snark

OK, my honest answer is that it's cool that they're getting the press, even if it is incorrect. It seems that the media is going to mold them into a band of teens whether they like it or not!
norad
Vintage Newbie

ElDan wrote:
Also, I read an article once that mentioned they were related, does anyone have any info on that?

Wait? Someone who isn't away they are all family? Is this true? Shocked Wink

I don't think there will ever be an article where that isn't mentioned though...
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

He must be a new listener (noob!, just kidding) Welcome! Wink
kristal
Sea Post King

i believe he was saying that "tongue-in-cheek," as the expression goes.

i just got the magazine in the mail (like, literally, the UPS guy brought it over ten minutes ago), and i'm flipping through. i just realized, that with the exception of maybe 4 guys, every artist featured is female.

it's divided into 5 "chapters."

Chapter 1: Icons, which are half or full page spreads on artists such as Janis Joplin, Patti Smith, Debbie Harry, Stevie Nicks, and Amy Winehouse. You get a picture, a longish bio-paragraph, and little product promos for some of the products they use.

Chapter 2: Influences, which feature more singers (like Jenny Lewis) and the kinds of music they grew up with and the concerts they went to.

Chapter 3: Mixtapes, full spread articles featuring musicians' .... favorite tracks.

Chapter 4: Posters-this one's kindof weird. it's self described as : "unburdened by the limitations of time, space, and logic, we had a few talented illustrators, fashion designers, and artistically inclined musicians dream up their ultimate concert bills."

Chapter 5: Fan Style - a collection of photos of skinny, bohemian-chic girls with stringy hair and oversized sunglasses.

Is it worth it? hmm...it might be a good way to discover new artists, as the interviews/synopses of the artists you are already familiar with offer nothing new or exciting. or it might serve as one of those coffee-table-like magazines. it's smaller than a magazine but larger than a normal mass market paperback, so though it's hefty, it fits fairly well into the hands.

yhea i just got it because i saw eisley was in it. if that's reason enough for you, i say go for it.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 104 | Location: los angeles, ca
ElDan
Sea Post King

kristal wrote:
i believe he was saying that "tongue-in-cheek," as the expression goes.

I was being tongue-in-cheek, but I couldn't tell if the replies were tongue-in-cheek, so I didn't clarify. I confuse easily!
norad
Vintage Newbie

I realized it was a joke. I used a wink smiley to make that obvious.
ElDan
Sea Post King

Fair enough. Cool Question Arrow Exclamation

Ha, now you don't know what I'm thinking!
kristal
Sea Post King

i realized You were (patrock), but i wasn't sure if OrangeGoldandGreen was, and i just thought i'd ... clarify. for some reason.

anyway. go eisley.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 104 | Location: los angeles, ca