Laughing City
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Yeah I just watched it again, it's not from that.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

I'm pretty sure they just switched it up a bit for a couple of songs and that was all, just for fun.
They were prob playing Tree Tops and Telescope Eyes, things from that era
norad
Vintage Newbie

Maybe also just trying things out to see what worked. Obviously they decided what worked and what didn't. Laughing
keithabbott
Sea Post King

I asked Boyd if Chauntelle was writing any and he did say he believed she was. So...maybe?
Caley
Lost at Forum

If they are writing "edgier" or harder stuff... I think that would be freaking amazing. I loved the show last week so if their next album is anything like that, I'm sure to love it!
Lynn
Golly, Poster

There's a lot of time between recording albums and their release date, so if they head to a studio soon that probably wouldn't necessarily mean there are no more tours and videos for the old one. But then again, they might have a lot to do even after recording before the album release, so I don't know.
Btw, I'd love to hear a song written by Chauntelle. I'd love to hear a song written by any band member, for that matter, but you know what I mean.
Catey
Lost at Forum

It would have been cool for the band to do a quick trip to the UK but I don't know whether it's worth WB/the band spending money on. I'm not sure how the large the fanbase here is but I doubt they'd sell out the small venues unless a whole bundle of fans have popped up over the last year that I was totally unaware of.

But it's still under a year since Combinations was released so it'd be a bit quick to think of record number 3. Although obviously the album was done and dusted a long time before August 07, so the band are probably over it and want to start fresh considering some of the content of Combinations.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
OrangeGold&Green
Sea Post King

I am thoroughly happy that they are writing "heavier" and "edgier" songs, but I don't want it all to change completely.....I like Eisley - the old and new- so I would, personally, like to see a bit of both from them. Anything from Chauntelle is sure to be great!
stumple13
Sea Post King

OrangeGold&Green wrote:
I am thoroughly happy that they are writing "heavier" and "edgier" songs, but I don't want it all to change completely.....I like Eisley - the old and new- so I would, personally, like to see a bit of both from them. Anything from Chauntelle is sure to be great!

I agree,If they pulled out some some edgier stuff that would be sweet,"like sight to behold" is straight up epic. But they cant lose that Eisley aesthetic either,i do enjoy it so much.
whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

Yeah, don't get too mainstream. Keep writings songs that make you who you are.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Deff. not from that.

no, that Flaming Lips thing was at a huge festival.

i remember back in the day in Longview (tx) there would be these end of the year school concert bash things and i want to say i remember them playing one though i didn't go to it. if so, that could be what it is.

i'm going to guess it's around 2000 or maybe earlier.
jon's in it so if we know what date he started than at least you know it has to be newer than that.
if there's a pic where you can see more of the building behind it, i may be able to recognize where it is.

kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Catey wrote:
It would have been cool for the band to do a quick trip to the UK but I don't know whether it's worth WB/the band spending money on. I'm not sure how the large the fanbase here is but I doubt they'd sell out the small venues unless a whole bundle of fans have popped up over the last year that I was totally unaware of

Maybe they will do a festival over there? Although that might be unlikely as Sherri's post today mentions they will be writing.

starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

i would love and 8 track Eisley album with all songs between 7 or 8 minutes or longer.
Catey
Lost at Forum

kulvir wrote:
Catey wrote:
It would have been cool for the band to do a quick trip to the UK but I don't know whether it's worth WB/the band spending money on. I'm not sure how the large the fanbase here is but I doubt they'd sell out the small venues unless a whole bundle of fans have popped up over the last year that I was totally unaware of

Maybe they will do a festival over there? Although that might be unlikely as Sherri's post today mentions they will be writing.

They played Reading and Leeds Festival last year on the Carling stage. I'm not sure where they would fit this year if they do so choose to play a festival.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

starbucksgod wrote:
i would love and 8 track Eisley album with all songs between 7 or 8 minutes or longer.

at the least 56 mins?
too long for me.

didn't the last Decemberists album have 3 songs 8 mins or longer?
i've never really wrapped my head around that album because i'm just not in the mood to always listen through those long songs.
on the other hand i like Talk Talk's Laughing Stock and it has several long songs (but i haven't listened to that in a while).

i'm sure whatever they do it will be interesting. Smile

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>