Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

that list above was pretty close to Sherri's own in an interview last year:

Who would you love to tour with that you’ve yet to tour with?
Paul McCartney, Kashmir, The Arcade Fire, Jeremy Enigk, The Decemberists, Death cab For Cutie, Say Anything, and The Shins.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=271764

(i remember this is posted somewhere, but i went ahead and put it up in case some missed it)

Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Boyd's post is very uplifting and exciting! We can't wait to see what the future holds for Eisley! Knowing that new Eisley songs are being written, new albums planned, and more tours are somewhere on our foreseeable horizon is reason to rejoice ! Very Happy I agree with other posts that Boyd's desire to tour with other bands more similar in style to Eisley would be a great thing. The "Combinations" tour was our first live Eisley concert, and we really only went to see Eisley... but thought Kristen May and Vedera were awesome as well, after hearing them. They are definitely more the type of band Eisley should tour with in the future. I would certainly go to see Vedera again. We were very pleasantly surprised by how much we liked them. Of course, we plan go to every future Eisley concert we can get to, whether Eisley opens, or headlines, and we'd go no matter who they tour with.. though I definitely agree that finding non-punk/hard-rock bands to tour with would be the way to go, if possible. ( Heck, we'd pay and show up to hear Eisley sing names from the phone book on a street corner.. Wink ) Eisley's music is very special and deserves much more
exposure (radio and otherwise), acclaim, and success than it has gotten to date.

Nothing could describe Eisley better than "a special kind of music is for you..". We literally listen to Eisley almost daily, and as another post stated, they are the perfect soundtrack to our lives. I hope and pray for much more wonderful music from the band and wish Eisley the greatest success in everything they do- nobody deserves it more Very Happy

Keep up all the great work you do , Boyd- and may all the band's future dreams come true! Hopefully commercial and financial success is right around the corner, but Eisley's commitment to making beautiful music
and to their fans is truly inspirational. Thanks from all of us! Very Happy

- Dan and Sam

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
uncreative wrote:
Second, the cover she was talking about was "In My Life" but it's just one girl (I think Chauntelle?) and a guitar. It's pretty basic, and really rough, probably recorded on the computer or something. But it's lovely. But I'm not sure if I can post it here because I don't know if it's stolen or not and it's not on SYP.

EDIT: Actually I don't think it was Chauntelle, I just thought I read that somewhere. It sounds kind of like Stacy, but it's tough to tell.

It's Chauntelle.

I thought it was. Should have went with my gut.
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

uncreative wrote:
Jared x wrote:
uncreative wrote:
Second, the cover she was talking about was "In My Life" but it's just one girl (I think Chauntelle?) and a guitar. It's pretty basic, and really rough, probably recorded on the computer or something. But it's lovely. But I'm not sure if I can post it here because I don't know if it's stolen or not and it's not on SYP.

EDIT: Actually I don't think it was Chauntelle, I just thought I read that somewhere. It sounds kind of like Stacy, but it's tough to tell.

It's Chauntelle.

Is it one of the stolen tracks?

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

sukieinthe_g wrote:
uncreative wrote:
Jared x wrote:
uncreative wrote:

It's Chauntelle.

Is it one of the stolen tracks?

It was not stolen with the rest, but it is a stolen track.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

So what's the story behind these stolen tracks that everyone but the newbies seems to know about? When were they made? Are they studio tracks or home recordings? Who stole them and how?
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

StuartBuck wrote:
So what's the story behind these stolen tracks that everyone but the newbies seems to know about? When were they made? Are they studio tracks or home recordings? Who stole them and how?

home demos as far as i know.
i've never been told who stole them or how.

i would guess they gave it to people in order for them to hear what would be on the next record and one of those people gave it to someone who gave it to someone, etc.

search for "the baby" on this board and there are some threads on it.

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

It's taken a day for Boyd's post to really sink in, but I'm just so pumped! Especially Sherri's words " We will never stop making music for you!" That was like getting a special present!

Seallys posted in the comments that 'You guys are gonna to rule the world.' And you know, I've always taken that for granted, right from the get go!

Eisley rules! Nuff ' said!

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
StuartBuck wrote:

home demos as far as i know.
i've never been told who stole them or how.

i would guess they gave it to people in order for them to hear what would be on the next record and one of those people gave it to someone who gave it to someone, etc.

search for "the baby" on this board and there are some threads on it.

actually a "friend" stole the demos from one of their laptops and then distributed them on the web. some friend.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
norad
Vintage Newbie

Music_Lover wrote:
actually a "friend" stole the demos from one of their laptops and then distributed them on the web. some friend.

No one stole anything directly from the band.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:

i wish all this stuff could be spelled out for once and all in the FAQ.

my guesses:

a: maybe they don't even really know for sure how it happened

or

2: maybe they do and even confronted the person, forgave them and even though they wronged them they still didn't want to reveal that person's identity.

or

d: aliens, man..........aliens.........(an invasion of sorts).

norad
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
patrock wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:

i wish all this stuff could be spelled out for once and all in the FAQ.
my guesses:
a: maybe they don't even really know for sure how it happened

I'm pretty sure they know what happened and who was involved.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

It think it was aliens too. Call me crazy, but they are after us. One by one.

one...
by.....
one........

reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
From what I have heard, the past tours have largely been products of bands inviting them, and them not seeing fit to turn the tours down. They have generally been productive, though I think those kinds of tours would do better to be at least sandwiched between tours with more like-minded bands. Now I'm pulling for an Arcade Fire or Sigur Ros tour. Laughing

Thanks for explaining this in another light. I perhaps maybe alone in the fact that I like tours sometimes that bring bands that don't quite have the same fanbase together, I think it helps fans maybe have a listen to band they would have possibly for all intensive purposes never would have sough out. Then again I understand the wanting of touring with someone more in your genre. Sigur Ros and Eisley now there is lovely duo!

Hilary Duff cover!! yessss...

Kimbrtones wrote:
See what interesting things I can make you people do? Laughing
This thread has gotten quite amusing but.....my lips are sealed.

On Chauntelle:
Kimbrtones wrote:
wow guys! She's not Jesus! Smile
But she is awfully sweet, and kind hearted.
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa

<< prev | goto page