Laughing City
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

bigideas wrote:

if chauntelle suddenly got a huge interest in the sitar and wearing hemp clothing i'd flip out, man.

Laughing

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

KH Vandread wrote:

I myself have always kinda wondered if the guys in the family were any good at singing.

I thought they sounded pretty good together with the girls singing the last bits of 'Come Clean' on the behind-the-scenes DVD portion, but it seems they used another take without the guys on the album Question Anyway it gives a good idea of what DuPree campfire singalongs are probably like. Smile

Drew10265
Sea Post King

SING CHAUNTELLE SING!!

i looooooooove it. whenever i hear i could be there for you her part is the one that gets stuck in my head.
Joined: 16 Dec 2007 | Posts: 71 | Location: Dania Beach, Florida
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

grain thrower wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:

I myself have always kinda wondered if the guys in the family were any good at singing.

I thought they sounded pretty good together with the girls singing the last bits of 'Come Clean' on the behind-the-scenes DVD portion, but it seems they used another take without the guys on the album Question Anyway it gives a good idea of what DuPree campfire singalongs are probably like. Smile
i always thought i could hear a little bit of the guys in the album version...? maybe I heard wrong?
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

nevernever wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:

i always thought i could hear a little bit of the guys in the album version...? maybe I heard wrong?

I think it's all 5 of them. I'm pretty sure I have heard that Garron can sing, but I am not sure about Weston.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
nevernever wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:

I think it's all 5 of them. I'm pretty sure I have heard that Garron can sing, but I am not sure about Weston.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zhjPoSr96x4

Start at 1:28.

Laughing
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

uncreative wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
nevernever wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:

Laughing

HAHAH.
that was amazing

-Mae West
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

kathymunster wrote:

Laughing[/quote]

HAHAH.
that was amazing[/quote]

i don't know why but my favorite part was riding the bike in the house and running the bat along the white picket fence.
i forgot about Fog Breathers.
did any other Eisley members do anything on that - not that song, but any of the songs?

ks1990
Lost at Forum

grain thrower wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:

No you can definitely hear them singing on the album (at least I can?), you just gotta listen carefully. Speaking of neither Sherri nor Stacy singing, the other 3 should totally do something for LP3. Like really.
And lmao that fogbreathers video is hilarious. Laughing
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I was just listening to "Just Like We Do" and I had to comment here that I love Chauntelle's vocals at the end of that song, so subtle but definitely so beautiful. Smile

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

guitargirl wrote:
I was just listening to "Just Like We Do" and I had to comment here that I love Chauntelle's vocals at the end of that song, so subtle but definitely so beautiful. Smile

does she sing the part, "the rain it tumbled down..."?
becos i always thought i heard a voice 'neath stacys that didn't quite sound like sherri.

-Mae West
norad
Vintage Newbie

kathymunster wrote:
guitargirl wrote:

does she sing the part, "the rain it tumbled down..."?
becos i always thought i heard a voice 'neath stacys that didn't quite sound like sherri.

Chauntelle sings harmony in the second verse of JLWD. Very subtle.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
uncreative wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Laughing

HAHAH.
that was amazing

i don't know why but my favorite part was riding the bike in the house and running the bat along the white picket fence.
i forgot about Fog Breathers.
did any other Eisley members do anything on that - not that song, but any of the songs?

I think just Garron and Weston from Eisley. Go to the Fog Breathers myspace and look at the 2007 Whos Who blog post, then listen to Christmas MVP and you can hear Weston and Garron rap a verse each, and they sound pretty good. There's like 20 people in that song so you'll have to follow along with the credits in that blog post or you'll probably miss them. And there are other familiar names in that song, as well.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:
I think just Garron and Weston from Eisley. Go to the Fog Breathers myspace and look at the 2007 Whos Who blog post, then listen to Christmas MVP and you can hear Weston and Garron rap a verse each, and they sound pretty good. There's like 20 people in that song so you'll have to follow along with the credits in that blog post or you'll probably miss them. And there are other familiar names in that song, as well.

c tank israel and collin are on it? sweet.

it says "chanty" on one track, so i would guess that is this topic's subject.

even Boyd reads on one?
is his voice normal or do they put some effects on it?

fernster
Sea Post King

Ok so when they came into town I met up with Boyd and it turned out that Chauntelle's Acoustic guitar was dropped and had a knarly crack.
So I picked it up and took it to our shop and we gave it some love and I brought it back to Chauntelle. They were happy that it got fixed. At the end of the nite just before they drove off I remembeer talking with Chauntelle and she said thanks and all that stuff but I asked her"ok so now you gotta do me a big favor" I paused for dramatics. She looked at me and probably wondered oh oh whats he want?? so I asked that for fixing the guitar that she would write and sing a couple of songs for the next record. She cracked up and said sure no problem! So there you have it. And since she is such a sweetheart and incapable of lying, I think we are going to hear her sing alot on the next record!!!!yeehaw! Wink