7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 85

cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

guitargirl wrote:
Mormon_seebs wrote:
cryptictonight wrote:

I voted Christian. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

That makes three of us
Very Happy

Nightmare joins our numbers to make four, I'm pretty sure there are more, though!
I disagree that talking about religion never changes anybody's mind. I know that it can. That's not the purpose though, it's just something that can happen. The purpose is for greater understanding, I guess. and I think forums in general, LC included, consist of people saying the same things over and over. Razz but they're still fun!

Chichen/Kristen makes 5! We went to an eisley show together last fall. She also goes to BYU. Smile

kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Pantheon4 wrote:

Indira Gandhi was killed by her Sikh bodyguards!
It's OK. She was a bitch anyway.

That was in retaliation for her sending troops into the Golden Temple which wouldn't have happened if certain extremists didn't decide to use a place of worship as a hideout. Yeah, it's hard to pick sides between the corrupt India goverment and the extremists. Very Happy

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

dandelion567 wrote:
Cendrillon wrote:
I don't see a lot of view flipping happening, people are just talking about what they believe in...

religion is a VERY touchy subject for most people...I try my very best to avoid it at all costs Very Happy

And yet you posted in this thread, asserting that it was a fight before you even bothered to read it. Sounds like you need to try harder.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dandelion567
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
dandelion567 wrote:
Cendrillon wrote:
I don't see a lot of view flipping happening, people are just talking about what they believe in...

religion is a VERY touchy subject for most people...I try my very best to avoid it at all costs Very Happy

And yet you posted in this thread, asserting that it was a fight before you even bothered to read it. Sounds like you need to try harder.

I thought we all got over this...some people just don't know when to stop! Laughing
Marvelousgreen
Sea Post King

religion may be VERY touchy for people...but if you know about almost any main stream religion you'd know why they see it as a terrible reason to avoid religion altogether. This may seem harsh but...thats the coward's way out.
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

dandelion567 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
dandelion567 wrote:
Cendrillon wrote:

I thought we all got over this...some people just don't know when to stop! Laughing

it's religion. it's the longest topic to debate with. Rolling Eyes Wink

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
dandelion567
Sea Post King

okay yes you are all right! happy? just please don't bite my head off Laughing
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

dandelion567 wrote:
okay yes you are all right! happy? just please don't bite my head off Laughing

don't worry.. you'll get used to it! Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
oreolover000
Sea Post King

hmm okay so this is one of my first posts..I guess I better make a good first impression Laughing

I'm a Christian, but I don't care if the band I'm listening to is Atheist! I respect music regardless of religion Cool
jermontana
Sea Post King

I think of Eisley the way I think of George Harrison: Spiritual. I consider myself spiritual, but don't share my religious affiliations as I feel it diminishes my belief when I feel it necessary to trumpet them. Overt politics or religion is always a sure fire art-killer for me. Crying or Very sad
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

What I can't understand is why Muslims, Jews, and Christians all hate each other so much. Don't you guys know you all worship the same God?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
What I can't understand is why Muslims, Jews, and Christians all hate each other so much. Don't you guys know you all worship the same God?

I wouldn't say I hate them. But we do not worship the same God.

Semantically speaking we do. But there is way more to the Christian God then there is the JEwish and MUslim one.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

I wouldn't say I hate them. But we do not worship the same God.

Semantically speaking we do. But there is way more to the Christian God then there is the JEwish and MUslim one.

You simply claim a different prophet to be the Messiah than Muslims (Jesus as opposed to Muhammad), and Jews believe that the Messiah has yet to come. You most absolutely do worship the same God (unless you deny religious history). I'm a Christian and I can admit this.

Aren't you a pastor? You shouldn't be so closed minded, especially since you've studied religion so extensively. Each of the main religions stemming from Judaism is comparable in terms of scope and complexity.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Well I think you have me confused with someone else. I am not a Pastor and I don't think I have studied the religion as you would feel that a Pastor would.

Obviously I know that Muslims Jews and Christians all worship God as in God the father.
But you should also know, being that you said you are Christian, that Christians not only know that God is God. But Jesus is God too.
To Christians God is:
God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit.

The Blessed Trinity.

Simple and plain.

So therefore, The 'God' we worship is not the same.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

as long as they/we believe that there's someone out there much higher than us(God).. that's all we/they have in common.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>