Laughing City
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
I love Candy, too, Cyn. Who doesn't. I see you are 21F. So the men you are asking are around your age mostly, right? The response they are giving you is what is to be expected of a early 20's male. Eisley looks good. If that is the first reaction, remember hormones rule most men in their early 20's and their major muscial influence is MTV or BET or VH1. Checking Billboards Top 10 pop, Mariah Carey, The Pussycat Dolls, Kelly Clarkson and Beyonce would all have good looking women in them. It's the nature of the beast.

yeah, you may love candy,
but I lu HUV it.

It's true,
most males my age do appreciate
lovely looking ladies
What I love about Eisley is
They aren't just ridiculously good looking
They are incredibly talented, creative
and easy on the ears.

You may lu HUV it, but I lu, hu, huv candy. You're right about the ladies not being all about their looks. My point was more about the adolescent male mind.
thislifeismymuse
Sea Post King

people are kind of surprised given the variety of music i listen to... then when they see my CD collection and see Good Clean Fun and Terror are next to Radiohead and Circa Survive... they say... oh... figures
Sea Post King

when ive shown people eisley... they aren't really into it.. but ive shown some of my close friends and now they are hooked and they can't get the eisley cd out of their cd player. Smile

the grass dances in the wind.

my xanga: www.xanga.com/dayofdefeat1987

my myspace: www.myspace.com/ninjaliciouslittleturtle
Joined: 06 Dec 2005 | Posts: 412 | Location: Cincinnati Ohio
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Golly Sandra
Sea Post King

"Who's Eisley? Are they like, punk or something?"
"Eisley? Do you mean Mos Eisley?"
starbucksgod
Vintage Newbie

my grand favorite. "You are just trying to be an indie freak" which the last thing i listen to is indie. so i laugh and say whatever.
abusedcat
Sea Post King

"Oh...I've heard of them"
"There the all girl Christian band, right?" ( Rolling Eyes )
"Oh..They're alright"

those are the three I get usually. thislifeismymuse - i have the same thing, i listen to so many styles of music, i have mix tapes with Elliott Smith followed by Shai Hulud Laughing

Joined: 03 Jan 2006 | Posts: 81 | Location: San Francisco, CA
BuffmanRocks
Sea Post King

usually people just say "this is whiny, emo music", but a few people have said " diane, your such a nerd, why do you listen to songs about faries and dragons?" But I have found that some people I know like Eisley, and it was really cool when this really hardcore kid was talking to me and I brought up eisley and he said “Eisley? They are the greatest band on the planet” So that made my day.
Michael: What, cause'm not crying?
G.O.B.: Maybe you don't have enough RAM to understand this, Michael, but there's such a thing as brotherly love.
Joined: 08 Feb 2005 | Posts: 199 | Location: Modesto, California
abusedcat
Sea Post King

BuffmanRocks wrote:
usually people just say "this is whiny, emo music", but a few people have said " diane, your such a nerd, why do you listen to songs about faries and dragons?" But I have found that some people I know like Eisley, and it was really cool when this really hardcore kid was talking to me and I brought up eisley and he said “Eisley? They are the greatest band on the planet” So that made my day.
yeah, there must be something about us hardcore kids that makes us love Eisley. I've shyed away from hardcore in the last few years though, but, I still love Lifetime and Saves The Day and H2O, I always will!
Joined: 03 Jan 2006 | Posts: 81 | Location: San Francisco, CA
brainylaney
Sea Post King

If I tell people that I like Eisley, they are like "Huh?...who are they?"
norad
Vintage Newbie

brainylaney wrote:

FYI, bumping threads this old is frowned upon. Cool
Marvelousgreen
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
brainylaney wrote:

FYI, bumping threads this old is frowned upon. Cool

Ya but posting AFTER someone else brings it up is alright. Cool Besides it's just as easy as making another thread.

I've told a few people and they're like "ya I'll look them up" they do and then "..they're alright..I don't love them, don't hate them..". Eisley in all it's wonder seems to be for certain people and others just don't get it...too bad, their loss.

Drew10265
Sea Post King

yeah my boyfriend's friend claimed to LOOOOOOVE eisley and when i told her they were playing in philly she said "ooh i'd love to see her live"...yeah.
Joined: 16 Dec 2007 | Posts: 71 | Location: Dania Beach, Florida
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

haha in front of the loserkids in-store in san marcos some passersby asked us what we were waiting in line for and we said eisley. and they were like, "the what?" haha funny

umm, ppl usually go yeah i've never heard of them, or wat's eisley??? i also get a lot of u like family bands??!!! when they find out they're all related... haha lol

trinnibee
Sea Post King

usually if people ask what I'm listening to or what my favorite band is I usually start by saying "you've probably never heard of them,..." so I don't get such a crazy reaction. then they say, "who??" and I have to explain. it's so sad.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

This makes me think ... If I bring up Eisley to East Texans or people from the Dallas area, people usually tell me how they liked them a few years ago and are over them now. Because for some reason, you have to talk about how you've moved on from Eisley or something. I guess it's hip to act like you've outgrown something, or to not play the same music for 8 years in a row. Confused

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address