Laughing City
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I figured we needed something new/slightly Eisley related while we're waiting for news and for reason I remembered a story from waiting in line at their acoustic show in Nashville (it might have been the recount topic in General)

We were there an hour or so before the show started and this lady came up to us and asked who we were waiting in line to see. After we told her Eisley and we were given the usual "Who? What do they sound like?". After we explained who Eisley was we convinced her to buy a ticket. At the box office window she keeps talking to us and then we find out that she ran for major of Nashville (which was surprising because she came off a little (or a lot) crazy). She was interrupted by the ticket guy gets to the window and tells her there're 3 tickets left she freaks out and starts talking out loud (to herself and then to us), "Should I buy the last two tickets? What do you guys think? Is this band really worth it? What do they sound like again?". She repeats these about ten times and then decides to buy the last three (for just her?) and then comes back over to us and goes back to her political platform (she was an independent). The election I guess ended the week before the show and I guess she she only got about 20 some votes. She drifted off after a while and walked away. I have no idea if she even went to the show.

Good times.

Anyone got any other stories?
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

The first time I saw Eisley back in '05 at the HOB, CBS held auditions for Big Brother. So there were all these older people (they were, I'm not trying to offend anyone) were dressed to the nines trying to get on BB getting in the wrong line. And we kept telling them "This is the line for the concert!" and the wouldn't listen to us. Then the HOB guys told them "This [pointing to left] is the line for the concert." And a bunch of people took the walk of shame to the right line. Laughing

At the same show there were three people ahead of me-- one guy and two of his friends that just happened to be girls. So the same guy that directed the Big Brother people, says to the group, "Are you guys cold?" They said yes, and he lets the girls stand inside and he made the guy stand outside. COLD BLOODED! Laughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
norad
Vintage Newbie

Not a story...but...a picture. Smile

http://www.flickr.com/photos/golly/1767638285/
oliez
Vintage Newbie

which show was that? I need to keep an eye out for you now I guess. Congrats though. I hold myself high on being able to know when someone is taking a picture of me.
norad
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
which show was that? I need to keep an eye out for you now I guess. Congrats though. I hold myself high on being able to know when someone is taking a picture of me.

That was the MuteMath show in...September?
oliez
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
oliez wrote:

oh man. another un-air conditioned Lawrence show.

That lady there in the red was pissin me off (I'm guessing why I have that look on my face). I can't remember what she was talking about, but it was yelled with smoke into my face.
Bryan646
Sea Post King

My first and only Eisley show to date was in SF at the Great American Music Hall. I was standing in line all by myself listening to other people's conversations. Two people next to me were quizzing each other about the classic Nicktoon 'Doug' and the guy asked the girl what street he lived on. I couldn't for the life of me remember what that freaking street name was.
It's Jumbo Street.
Not very exciting I know.
norad
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:
patrock wrote:
oliez wrote:

oh man. another un-air conditioned Lawrence show.

That lady there in the red was pissin me off (I'm guessing why I have that look on my face). I can't remember what she was talking about, but it was yelled with smoke into my face.

YEAH. There was A LOT of smoking in that line. Gross!
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I've never had to stand or wait in line at an Eisley show. First show, October 2005, we had tickets so they let us go in ahead of everyone. Second show, August 2007, we got there and just went in, no line. Third show (I count it, because I want to) October 2007, I didn't get there until way late and just went in and bought shirts and took a picture with Sherri, Stacy, Chauntelle and Garron. Fourth show, May 2008, again we just went right in.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Nothing more than listening to a bunch of whiny girls talk about the guys. It went something like...
"So, that bass player? Yeah, he's hot."
"I think his name is Garron.. but I'm not sure."
"I think he's their cousin."
"No he's not! He's just a friend!!"
"Yeah, that drummer is cute too... what's his name?"

Rolling Eyes

ElDan
Sea Post King

golly_sandra wrote:

"No he's not! He's just a friend!!"

Biz Markie Voice: Pssshhht, come on! I ain't even tryin' to hear that! You.... You got what I need....

Anyway, my one lame standing in line for Eisley: I saw them in Atlanta during the acoustic tour, and we got there way too early and after wandering the area a little, we just came back and hung out in front of the venue. A few people showed up and started lining up behind us, but we thought we were standing at the wrong entrance (there's 3 stages in this one place), so we moved to the other entrance, then about 20 minutes later, we found out that the first one was the right entrance. So, we were at the back of the line, but it was only like ten or fifteen people, and we weren't going to complain or try to push to the front of it or anything.

And with that, I claim the most boring story award!
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

i had fun waiting in line at the eisley show back in april. we brought apples to apples, bubbles, and i blew up some balloon animals. Smile
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

The Eisley show I went to didn't really have a line. I got there pretty early and there were just some random people scattered around not really talking to each other. Not exciting. I was at the Milwaukee concert and I'm afraid Eisley didn't feel loved and won't come back...sigh...
ladiosadice
Lost at Forum

ghost in the snow wrote:
i had fun waiting in line at the eisley show back in april. we brought apples to apples, bubbles, and i blew up some balloon animals. Smile

The one in Philly?
I don't remember bubbles.

I was standing next to the dumpster when I was waiting in line for the show. But the dumpster had lots of confetti and streamers in it, so it was happy trash!

And I swear in that moment we were infinite
BLOG l FLICKR
breathless
Sea Post King

The St. Andrews hall in Detroit show, April 2006, we were maybe 7th in line, in the freezing cold. Like, 20 degrees. All of a sudden Chauntelle came out and said "Hey guys! Weston looked out the window and said there was a girl with short sleeves, so here, you can borrow my coat, sorry it's a little dirty though..." and lent this girl her hoody. It was the sweetest thing ever.