29%
 29%  [ 25 ]
Other
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 85

jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

muslims don't think of muhammad as the(or a) messiah.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

mr pine wrote:

To Christians God is:
God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit.

The Blessed Trinity.

Simple and plain.

So therefore, The 'God' we worship is not the same.

Not all Christians believe exactly as you do, just fyi. Smile I personally believe that God the Father, his son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are not all in one Being, as I believe that the Father and Jesus Christ have bodies united with spirits while the Holy Ghost is solely a spirit. They are One in purpose and unity, though.

I like to think that when all people pray to God, they are all praying to the same God (whether they think they are or not) who will hear and answer their prayers because He loves all of them and won't deny His children when they humbly pray.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

Yes yes yes.
I believe with all my heart that no matter what religion one practices, when they seek out or pray to a higher power, God--the SAME God is there listening. And he loves all of them and will hear and answer them. I don't think he would ever deny someone who came to him with an earnest heart in good faith.

WindFromTheOcean
Golly, Poster

jack_stripes wrote:
muslims don't think of muhammad as the(or a) messiah.

Allah is their God, Mohammad is their prophet.. and they believe Jesus Christ is a prophet too

"As an artist... I feel that we must try many things - but above all, we must dare to fail. You must have the courage to be bad - to be willing to risk everything to really express it all..."
Joined: 16 Aug 2007 | Posts: 948 | Location: Cebu Rock City, Philippines baby!!
Sharpelectricstar
Sea Post King

I put other. I think there should be an option for the undecided. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

cryptictonight wrote:
Yes yes yes.
I believe with all my heart that no matter what religion one practices, when they seek out or pray to a higher power, God--the SAME God is there listening. And he loves all of them and will hear and answer them. I don't think he would ever deny someone who came to him with an earnest heart in good faith.

i like how you think!
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

guitargirl wrote:
mr pine wrote:

To Christians God is:
God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit.

The Blessed Trinity.

Simple and plain.

Not all Christians believe exactly as you do, just fyi. Smile I personally believe that God the Father, his son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are not all in one Being, as I believe that the Father and Jesus Christ have bodies united with spirits while the Holy Ghost is solely a spirit. They are One in purpose and unity, though.

I know that, but thanks for the fyi.
I know that the LDS church and the Jehovahs Witnesses have a different take on the trinity. And, no offense, but I disagree with that as much as I disagree with any other religion.

It is fine that you believe that, I just disagree.

That is also why I think Christian is too broad a term.
IF LDS, Fundamentals, JW and the like are all considered Christian, they don't all believe the same thing.
BUt that is just me,

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

guitargirl wrote:
mr pine wrote:

To Christians God is:
God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit.

The Blessed Trinity.

Simple and plain.

I like to think that when all people pray to God, they are all praying to the same God (whether they think they are or not) who will hear and answer their prayers because He loves all of them and won't deny His children when they humbly pray.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

The word "Word" in these verses is refering to Jesus. So God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are one, in being and in mind. They each have their own role though. The problem is you can't truely understand God. And by "you" I mean human beings.

guitargirl wrote:
He loves all of them and won't deny His children when they humbly pray.

Glad you pointed that out, he does hear the prayers of his children. And not everyone is a child of God.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? " Matt. 7:7-11

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt. 7:21-23

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

^^^^
good job Captn Could not of said it better myself.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

piperjay23
Sea Post King

Quote:
I wouldn't say I hate them. But we do not worship the same God.

Semantically speaking we do. But there is way more to the Christian God then there is the JEwish and MUslim one.

This is the MOST ignorant thing I've ever read.

piperjay23
Sea Post King

Next someone is going to say that if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your personal saviour you will not be allowed to enter the pearly gates of Heaven.

That anyone who denies Jesus is going to Hell. Twisted Evil

I don't believe it, but I said it so you all don't have to.

This is the stuff wars are made of.

Antrider...where are you? Bring your keys please.

Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

mr pine wrote:
^^^^
good job Captn Could not of said it better myself.

Thank you, and piperjay...according to the Bible you are correct about how to get to Heaven.

As far as locking this thread goes, it doesn't really matter to me. But personally I know that if I'm going to be offended I just don't go into the thread. If you're not comfortable sharing views with other people that's fine. The things I've posted on this topic are my personal beliefs...I'm not forcing my views on anyone. Just sharing them

If someone mentions something about abortion or something else I don't believe in...I just wouldn't respond.

When an individual with a different belief system knocks on my door. I don't throw open the door and start beating them with my Bible. I greet them politely and listen to what they have to say.

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

piperjay23 wrote:
Quote:
I wouldn't say I hate them. But we do not worship the same God.

Semantically speaking we do. But there is way more to the Christian God then there is the JEwish and MUslim one.

This is the MOST ignorant thing I've ever read.

Well you must not read alot.

And as for locking. I agree with Captn.

And if Jamie locks it because one person is mad, then boo on him.

wilsmith wrote:

guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

Cap'n O'Schovanec wrote:
guitargirl wrote:
mr pine wrote:

To Christians God is:
God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit.

The Blessed Trinity.

Simple and plain.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

The word "Word" in these verses is refering to Jesus. So God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are one, in being and in mind. They each have their own role though. The problem is you can't truely understand God. And by "you" I mean human beings.

guitargirl wrote:
He loves all of them and won't deny His children when they humbly pray.

Glad you pointed that out, he does hear the prayers of his children. And not everyone is a child of God.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? " Matt. 7:7-11

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt. 7:21-23

I believe that you're misinterpreting those verses. Everyone is a child of God. He created them all, they are all His children. To say otherwise is to put yourself on a higher pedestal because you were born in the right time and place to get the opportunity to learn the gospel. That's not fair. God wouldn't send so many of His children to live on earth only to condemn them. That would go against the nature of a loving God. Why would God refuse to listen to the prayers of His children just because they were born in a time or place where they don't know the gospel? Sad

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
Last edited by guitargirl on Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:19 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

piperjay23 wrote:
Next someone is going to say that if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your personal saviour you will not be allowed to enter the pearly gates of Heaven.

That anyone who denies Jesus is going to Hell. Twisted Evil

I don't believe it, but I said it so you all don't have to.

This is the stuff wars are made of.

Antrider...where are you? Bring your keys please.

i think for the most part this thread is extremely civil.

this thread shows the broad range of beliefs when it comes to Christianity.
which, in my opinion, is totally okay.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>