Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I do, one of many ... the Summer Scenic (2005) show at the former Gypsy Tea Room in Dallas, Texas. I met up with Ashley/The5thAvocado for the first time, and we hung out in line together. I had my camera, as usual, and got to the door. It should have been no problem, as I had permission to shoot the show. However, the crazy door guy had other ideas, and loudly prevented me from getting in. When I told him I had permission from the band, he mocked me as he spoke to the rest of the line. Anyway, I had to call Boyd to help me out, but (as expected) he was rather busy.

So I had to wait outside of the club until he had a chance to get to me. Ashley was awesome and gave up seeing The Colour and Pilotdrift to keep me company. It took an hour for Boyd to come to the rescue, but he did, and I got in. The door guy pretended like it was all caused by me not letting him search my bag (complete bull), and I saw Pilotdrift's last song. However, since Dallas crowds are rude and I didn't feel like pushing through a bunch of people, I opted not to take pictures that night after all. I was exhausted from the stupid ordeal, and the lights weren't worth pushing through rude scenesters for.

But I got this story, I made a new friend, Eisley played well and I had a good time overall. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mister_mime
Golly, Poster

ghost in the snow wrote:
i had fun waiting in line at the eisley show back in april. we brought apples to apples, bubbles, and i blew up some balloon animals.

that sounds like so much fun. I'm bringing bubbles to the next concert I go to.

breathless wrote:
The St. Andrews hall in Detroit show, April 2006, we were maybe 7th in line, in the freezing cold. Like, 20 degrees. All of a sudden Chauntelle came out and said "Hey guys! Weston looked out the window and said there was a girl with short sleeves, so here, you can borrow my coat, sorry it's a little dirty though..." and lent this girl her hoody. It was the sweetest thing ever.

best story ever!

emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

breathless wrote:
The St. Andrews hall in Detroit show, April 2006, we were maybe 7th in line, in the freezing cold. Like, 20 degrees. All of a sudden Chauntelle came out and said "Hey guys! Weston looked out the window and said there was a girl with short sleeves, so here, you can borrow my coat, sorry it's a little dirty though..." and lent this girl her hoody. It was the sweetest thing ever.

aww, how thoughtful of them!!!!!!!!

smilebigashley
Sea Post King

the first time i saw eisley, was in 05, and there wasnt a line or anything like that.
i got there like 2 hours early because it was my first concert and i didnt know how many people would be there or anything,
i was in luck because nobody was there.
i walked right in, everyone that worked there welcomed me.. so i walked over to the merch table, and there was kim, christie, and sherri.. i saw sherri and about cried, because i had loved eisley so much. (still do, and always will)
i was picking out a shirt,
sherri handed it to me and as soon as i glanced up from my shirt stacy was walking over to the table, and i started crying.. it was so embarassing, i about died right there.
i said "hi stacy, i really love you." and i didnt mean to say that, i meant to say something like "i love your music, or, im glad to see you." but it came out all wrong.
but it was the coolest night of my life.
after the show, most people left, so i stayed and chatted with them for a good half an hour.
pretty awesome.

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

breathless wrote:
That is sooo Chauntelle! Very Happy
Ebonygurl00
Sea Post King

I think I may have been annoying some people in line when I went to see Eisley at the Great American Music Hall in SF in May. I was with one of my best friends, and we were talking really loudly abou the dumbest things imaginable. Some people in the front kept turning around, I hope they weren't as annoyed as I think they were!

I got to meet Weston while waiting in line. He came out and signed autographs and took pictures, but my friend had to push me to talk to him because I was a nervous wreck. I just couldn't believe I was that close to him. Smile
Bryan646
Sea Post King

Ebonygurl00 wrote:
I think I may have been annoying some people in line when I went to see Eisley at the Great American Music Hall in SF in May. I was with one of my best friends, and we were talking really loudly abou the dumbest things imaginable. Some people in the front kept turning around, I hope they weren't as annoyed as I think they were!

I got to meet Weston while waiting in line. He came out and signed autographs and took pictures, but my friend had to push me to talk to him because I was a nervous wreck. I just couldn't believe I was that close to him. Smile

I remember that
Ebonygurl00
Sea Post King

Bryan646 wrote:
Ebonygurl00 wrote:

I remember that

OMG, really? Was I completely obnoxious? I try not to be, but that day I couldn't hide my excitement.
Bryan646
Sea Post King

Ebonygurl00 wrote:
Bryan646 wrote:
Ebonygurl00 wrote:

I remember that

OMG, really? Was I completely obnoxious? I try not to be, but that day I couldn't hide my excitement.

No, no I remember you and your friend catching Weston and getting a picture. I was further down in line.
ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

ladiosadice wrote:
ghost in the snow wrote:
i had fun waiting in line at the eisley show back in april. we brought apples to apples, bubbles, and i blew up some balloon animals. Smile

The one in Philly?
I don't remember bubbles.

I was standing next to the dumpster when I was waiting in line for the show. But the dumpster had lots of confetti and streamers in it, so it was happy trash!

i wasn't blowing bubbles outside, but i was inside during combinations and a few other times. this was us outside!

i'm in the green polka dot dress
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

The guy in front of me in line at the Dallas BTB show was a fellow Reggie fan from Philadelphia, visiting his family, and seeing as my friends and I got there around 2 in the afternoon, we talked to him for a while.

About 2 months later, he ended up being in front of us in line for the final Get Up Kids show in Kansas City. Thought that was kinda cool.

savelatin
Sea Post King

breathless wrote:

Hah, I came into this this thread and I was gonna tell the same story Laughing
woman4life
Golly, Poster

I wait in line so long and so often for shows, it's sometimes hard for me to remember which is which. LOL I usually find a few people to talk to, and I ususally start by asking them what other music they like and what other shows they've been to.

I know one time I waited in line and watched everyone go back and forth pretty much all afternoon. Basically I just said "hi" once or twice, asked Boyd if I could use my camera (I figured him for the manager pretty easily) and he said yes, and I had a conversation with Zane about merch and other things. A few others asked to see it outside and I think he showed them the shirts outside. This was at Club Sound, in SLC.

I'm usually one of the first people in line, but last time I wasn't because of my mishap. I got there about 13 minutes before the doors were supposed to open, and there were only about 15 people in line. My husband dropped me off and I saw Steven of The Myriad walking toward me. We chatted and he took me to the bus to give the Eisley gang some cereal I brought. Boyd said he could smell the cereal. LOL So, I didn't really talk to too many people in line that time and I didn't have much of a wait. I couldn't believe how short the line was, but the venue filled up pretty quickly after things got started.

Anyway, sometimes it's a long wait if I go really early, but I usually find people to talk to in line and it's fun for me most of the time. Every now and then I will wait for 2 hours before anyone else shows up and then I hope I remember a book. LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MichaelMakeArt
Sea Post King

When I was in line for the show at Sonar in Baltimore, my friend Madeline and I were getting kind of bored/excited so we decided that singing "Think of Me" from Phantom of the Opera was more than necessary. We were surrounded on all sides by Mute Math fans (which is fine because we are Mute Math fans too) but they were sort of "macho-bro-like-Christian-dudes" and were sort of scared that a boy was singing a song from a musical.

At the 9:30 Club show in DC, my friends and I ate at a Venezuelan restaurant. We got to the show at door open, around 7 PM. The show didn't actually start until 8:30, so were some of the first ones there. We were like "Wheres the line?". We just felt bad that there wasn't a bigger crowd. Confused
Caley
Lost at Forum

At Dallas shows, no one really talks to each other. We all kind of keep to our groups or ourselves. So it's funny to see how certain people react with one another. Jamie mentioned that Dallas crowds can be very rude to one another, which is very, very true sadly.

I always catch people sending death glares at other people or groups because they get too close to them or are too loud for their liking. You also will catch people sizing each other up as if saying, "I'm indie-r than you" or "I am way amazing" or "You better not be near me inside or else you shall be receiving an elbow to the gut." And I find it really ironic because most of us are their to see Eisley -- you would think that we wouldn't be so mean to each other. But we are. It's terrible and silly at the same time.

So beware of Dallas crowds... People mean business at shows.