Laughing City
Caley
Lost at Forum

These two girls in my theater class were going to sing Telescope Eyes V2 during a show. So I thought I'd give Eisley a listen... But I didn't become hooked until the Switchfoot show. Those two girls actually decided to drop out of the show because they couldn't agree on who should sing what. It was funny to watch them fight in class every now and then in the background. One or the other always wanted to sing the most and such. Whatever.
MichaelMakeArt
Sea Post King

I first heard the song "Telescope Eyes" (the old version) from a friend in January 2005, I think? And then I saw the video for the newer version on either MTV2 or MTV, I think it was the Subterranean show. And then I think I went to a Barnes and Nobles, saw the album on the end of one of the rows and said "I will take a chance, beacuse I really liked Telescope Eyes". One of the best album purchases I have ever made. One of the best decisions I ever made. Very Happy
bruceleedisciple
Golly, Poster

My buddy had a burnt Moss Eisley cd and he made me a copy. I listend to it a lot at first but then it was lost amongst my thousands of other cd's. A year or so later I saw Eisley on "You heard it hear first" on MTV and I wen't out and bought the LC ep that week. Then I bought the MT ep. I saw them for the first time when they opend for New Found Glory.

www.myspace.com/georgeproject

www.purevolume.com/jesusworshiper
Joined: 02 Sep 2005 | Posts: 674 | Location: los angeles california
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jack_stripes
Vintage Newbie

i used to listen to this dallas radio station called the edge and they played local bands on sunday afternoons. i heard telescope eyes lots before it got stuck in my head and i looked 'em up. i was surprised that they weren't huge because i was young and thought that everyone on the radio was mega-famous.
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Some time five years ago or so, I was really into looking for new music cause I was sick of everything I was listening to. A friend of a friend really loved them, and I heard a lot about how good they were, etc. So I went on Limewire and downloaded the most downloaded song of theirs (that came up when I searched), which happened to be I Wasn't Prepared. Then... I fell in love the moment I listened to it. Then around three years ago, I saw them with Hot Hot Heat and they officially became one of my favorite bands.
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

A friend in Texas sent me I Wasn't Prepared and the first thing I thought was she has no clue about what I like. It turns out she was right about me liking Eisley. I ended up listening to the song a few times and then I downloaded Room Noises and bought it soon after along with the EPs.
Sings in the Morning
Sea Post King

About 2 years ago a friend let me borrow Aaron Sprinkle's album Lackluster, then my brother bought Fair's album The Best Worst-Case Scenario and my favorite song was (and still is) Unglued (the one Sherri and Stacy sing on). When I heard that song the first thought that entered my head was "Those background singers have beautifully amazing voices!". So I got on Wikipedia and read about them and their band. Then I bought Room Noises and was hooked from the very first song.

-----------------------------------------

God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.
--Jim Elliot

------------------------------------------

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
-- Helen Keller
kellyvsshark
Sea Post King

Sings in the Morning wrote:
my favorite song was (and still is) Unglued (the one Sherri and Stacy sing on).

That's such an amazing song, their voices work so well with his.
oliez
Vintage Newbie

that MTV "You Hear it First" I think it was right before the MT ep was put out. I thought they sounded interesting, but I didn't buy the eps. By the end of 03 forgot their name, but I kept trying to remember...who was that band from that MTV show? I just remember seeing the scene of them recording one track for the ep and their voices. Then early in 04 I was going through my local hastings (like I do every tuesday) and found two eps by some band for about $5 and figured I'd buy at least one. I kept one of the eps with me as I walked around looking at other cds and then it hit me that this was that band, Eisley, and half walked/ran back, (thinking someone would have already taken it), grabbed MT and the rest is history. I listened to both in my car nonstop for weeks until I decided to look up a video from them and saw the Marvelous Things video and the rest is history.
juan_diego
Sea Post King

The Day: Friday Febuary 10, 2005
The Place: High School Talent Show.

My friend Samantha sang Memories. I was in absolute awe. The melody, the lyrics, the voice. I felt as if for the 1st time in my life I had heard REAL music. Eisley was a musical epiphany to me. After the show was over I went straight to Best Buy and bought Room Noises. Ever since that day I have never stopped listening to Eisley. Eisley is my absolute #1 favorite band.

When I finally got to see them live this past April I was telling Sherri about how Eisley is all I listen to, all day, every day. She was like, "Don't burn it out!!"

I honestly think that's impossible. Their music is so great, so unique. I could listen to Mr. Pine, or Memories, or any other Eisley song over and over and over again and each time find something new to enjoy about that particular song.

ghost in the snow
Golly, Poster

a friend from texas sent me their ep 2 back in like... 2002 or 3 i believe and i was hooked.
Darth Carm
Sea Post King

I was on music.yahoo.com watching the Maps video by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. When it was over "Marvelous Things" came up randomly. I was just about to type another name in the search bar when I heard stacy sing the first line and I was instantly smitten. The only thing I remember thinking was,"Who IS this?!"

Best surprise video ever.

Rb
Sea Post King

I began to listen to Eisley about 4 and a half years ago when I was a Junior in High School when I had met a girl whom later became my girlfriend. Needless to say she loved them, as well as her friend who is still to this day I believe is pretty dedicated. I actually used to be so jealous of her because she would travel all up and down California to see them while I was stuck here going toschool. But yes anyways, from junior year on I've pretty much been listening religiously and attending the shows whenever they are in town :]
Joined: 08 Jan 2008 | Posts: 464 | Location: San Francisco, CA
cryptictonight
Lost at Forum

I believe I first found eisley around the time they were touring with Brand New (was that like 2003?? or when was that?). I found a link to Eisley's website on the Brand New website along with a journal entry encouraging people to check them out. So I did...

I remember it was an old website with lots of cool bios (one with a bunch of radiohead references). I am sure others remember it better than I do. I liked the design, it felt cool and added to the overall vibe of the band. It also had all of these old old unreleased songs posted.
I don't remember which I listened to first.

After that I wasn't quite hooked yet. It took a little more prompting. First, I found out that one of my good friends was an Eisley fan.
Then my brother came home from college for Christmas with a mixed cd someone gave him that included the oldest recording of Telescope Eyes.

Finally--after all that exposure my curiosity was again fueled. I ended up looking up the Marvelous Things video. I loved it right away. So did my brother who brought home the mix with TE.
We decided for Christmas we would buy each other the two Eisley EP's (the only ones out at the time).
Best christmas gift ever.
By the time Room Noises came out we were both HUGE fans and pre-ordered the album in anxious anticipation.

Very Happy

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I first heard of Eisley when talking to a friend one night in Feb. 2003. Nothing noteworthy, but I remember because I corrected his pronunciation of "Moss Eisley" (the Eisley part), because I knew the name from Star Wars. By the time I heard about them next, Eisley was featured in Blender magazine in August 2003. I was excited to see a band from East Texas in a national magazine, but also a little upset that I had not realized this gem in my own backyard.

I made amends quickly, purchasing the Laughing City EP and redeeming the crappiest summer of my life to date. (Hopefully this one, or any other, will refrain from joining it.) The first songs I heard were Telescope Eyes and I Wasn't Prepared, which I downloaded while waiting for the EP. The first song to truly grab me was Tree Tops. I jumped on this forum and signed up a couple of days later.

Nearly five years after that, I'm here and life is completely different in many good ways. Thanks in part to Eisley. Smile

P.S. Brand New Tour was Fall 2003. I saw them first on that tour, in Houston, on Chauntelle's birthday. ha ha. That was such a great night/2 days ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>