Laughing City
redboots
Sea Post King

I've told a few people about them and most of them think they sound cool. Most remark that it they sound different, and that there arent many rock-ish bands with girl singers.
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
MichaelMakeArt
Sea Post King

nevernever wrote:
MichaelMakeArt wrote:
I get these responses a lot (since I go to art school).
"Eisley? You mean the band that Pitchfork doesn't review?
"Aren't they, like, an emo pop band? Ew."
"Girls, indie, folk, pop and happiness? Can you give me their music?"
"I don't care about music like that. It's kitschy and naïve. Have you heard the new Grizzly Bear album?"

I avidly defend Eisley in Baltimore, but I am almost always vanquished by the Malificent dragon called "The Existential Intelligent Indie Freak Folk Scene".
that sounds horrible. elitist jerks. Sad

I know. But I also live in Cincinnati, Ohio during the summers, and everyone there is like "Eisley? Their music makes me happy" or "I heard Taking Control at Express Women!" or "They sound good! I'll go buy their album, which one should I get?". The difference between the country and the inner city is pretty big.
Marvelousgreen
Sea Post King

I recently told another person about eisley, she said..........

"I don't love um, don't hate um"....................and was like trying not to offended me. Are some of you out there getting offended and making these people scared of Eisley fans?......... Wink

Starbright
Sea Post King

When i first told my boyfriend how much i am so crazy about Eisley he was okay about it, think he said, "Yea, i've heard of them but never really bothered about it. Cool!" And that was it.

He'd always have to listen to Eisley everytime i was at his place. Then one time we had a tiny argument and he was trying to get me to talk to him and suddenly with his falsetto voice, he sang,

"One day i-ah i! Slowly floated away.." and "G-g-g-golly sandraa!"

Lol. The cutest! Never thought he actually really listen to it - he admitted on listening to Eisley whenever i'm not with him!

And i introduced Eisley to our Slipknot-Incubus-and loads of other guy bands fan, and he likes it! He even sang along when me and my bf play Eisley in the car. And we'd be this happy 3 friends singing along to Eisley!

Dang, i hope i didn't go off topic. Oh well! Smile

Marvelousgreen
Sea Post King

Starbright wrote:
When i first told my boyfriend how much i am so crazy about Eisley he was okay about it, think he said, "Yea, i've heard of them but never really bothered about it. Cool!" And that was it.

He'd always have to listen to Eisley everytime i was at his place. Then one time we had a tiny argument and he was trying to get me to talk to him and suddenly with his falsetto voice, he sang,

"One day i-ah i! Slowly floated away.." and "G-g-g-golly sandraa!"

Lol. The cutest! Never thought he actually really listen to it - he admitted on listening to Eisley whenever i'm not with him!

And i introduced Eisley to our Slipknot-Incubus-and loads of other guy bands fan, and he likes it! He even sang along when me and my bf play Eisley in the car. And we'd be this happy 3 friends singing along to Eisley!

Dang, i hope i didn't go off topic. Oh well! Smile

No, thats right on topic....

Besides, this is Laughing City......it'd be hypocritical to be strict. Very Happy

muffinbreath
Sea Post King

"have you ever heard of Eisley?" ::making sure to inunciate (sp?) the word as clearly as possible for hopes of recognition. probably sounds like EYE-ZZZZLEEEE

"no. haven't heard of em"

"well they're freaking awesome. lemme burn you a CD."

"okay i guess..."

2 weeks later

"can i have their other CD too?! And all their EPs???"

"of course, my friend. of course"
MaryWithDiamonds
Sea Post King

I either get a "Wow they're gay" or "Who the hells Eisley?"
from the kids at school who don't know much about good music

or a

"Sweet I like them"
from friends. I actually got 2 of my friends into Eisley and I'm happy!

Anne's ghost all around
Hear her voice as it's rolling and ringing through me
Soft and sweet
How the notes all bend and reach above the trees, trees"
Joined: 25 Jun 2008 | Posts: 8 | Location: Rochester-The Basement
La Noisette
Sea Post King

I normally receive a "Who?" I was in the hospital a while back and met a girl who had heard of them! It was the first time that had happened, I normally introduce everyone I can to them. Laughing
redboots
Sea Post King

redboots wrote:
I've told a few people about them and most of them think they sound cool. Most remark that it they sound different, and that there arent many rock-ish bands with girl singers.

I must add that so far I have 2-3 Eisley converts. Haha. And if I'm giving somebody a ride in my car, I usually tell them a little bit about whatever CD is playing. Right now, it's usually Eisley. Some people respond, others say something along the lines of "cool".

Oh, and no one has made any Star Wars references... and to tell the truth I didn't know the name of the band was related to Star Wars until later on.

----------------
Now playing: Eisley - One Day I Slowly Floated Away
via FoxyTunes
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

They've always been a hard sell for me. But I've gotten a few people into them, and one on the 'board!' Very Happy
mybrotherisadino
Sea Post King

"who?"
Joined: 25 Aug 2007 | Posts: 127 | Location: Minneapolis, MN
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

xxxsourkissxxx