Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Yes. That was on a short three-show tour in California, which was a studio break during the "Room Noises" era. They only played that song that way one more time (other than the mini-tour), which was a show at Brewtones in Tyler, TX.

The lyrics were different for a while because they were getting flack for "childish" elements like dragons and such. They missed the dragon, so he came back for good. Smile

have you ever written detailed reviews of any of your Eisley shows - specifically Tyler/local ones?

maybe you can stir some memories from me.

at one of those Brewtones shows didn't Stacy play Just Like We Do solo acoustic for the first time? i remember her playing it - whether or not it has the debut attached to it, i'm not sure.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Sadly, I've only been to two Eisley shows in Tyler. I'm still mad about missing that show in 2004, too. Laughing I went to one of the shows in Canton in late 2003. So I guess that's all of my East Texas Eisley viewing experience.

But it would be pretty cool to write accounts of all of these shows before I start forgetting too much about them. hmmm

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Sadly, I've only been to two Eisley shows in Tyler. I'm still mad about missing that show in 2004, too. Laughing I went to one of the shows in Canton in late 2003. So I guess that's all of my East Texas Eisley viewing experience.

But it would be pretty cool to write accounts of all of these shows before I start forgetting too much about them. hmmm

i'm not sure if i went to 2 or 3 Brewtones (possibly 4 if you count the Bleach show where Moss Eisley didn't play - i think it was PAX217 and maybe Relient K before they got bigger??).

i saw one show where i know the Connotations played.
i think i saw two shows where Pilotdrift was one of the bands.
ester drang was at one.
if the brewtones site has the old concert dates, maybe i can figure it out.
then there was that show in that church gym that i think LuvBeat played.
i can't remember if i went to two diff Canton shows or not.

mykatjim
Sea Post King

bigideas - according to the "just like we do" video from brewtones 05/21/04, that was the debut of of it. i was there!
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Hm, I've been to a handful of Brewtones shows, but none of the Eisley/Moss Eisley ones before 2004. I've been to most of the shows since, though. I lose count of those. ha. And I saw Eisley at that church gym thing, which was Mark's first show as the sound guy, and the premiere of Luvbeat. And kind of a miserable, hot show where everyone in the crowd was rude. Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
And I saw Eisley at that church gym thing, which was Mark's first show as the sound guy, and the premiere of Luvbeat. And kind of a miserable, hot show where everyone in the crowd was rude. Laughing

rude?
how so?
didn't they have some kind of electronic deer or something on stage?

(since this forum dates back to 2002 i guess there are threads on some of these shows if they haven't gone to archive yet).

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

bigideas wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
And I saw Eisley at that church gym thing, which was Mark's first show as the sound guy, and the premiere of Luvbeat. And kind of a miserable, hot show where everyone in the crowd was rude. Laughing

rude?
how so?
didn't they have some kind of electronic deer or something on stage?

(since this forum dates back to 2002 i guess there are threads on some of these shows if they haven't gone to archive yet).

To me, they were typical Tyler people. Laughing But they were just kind of a bad crowd, ignoring everything and paying no attention to what's around them. They didn't seem enthusiastic at all, either. They just kind of seemed to be there to be seen there, or because it was the only thing to do.

I forget about the deer thing. hmm.

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:

I always imagine him dancing like that WB frog holding a shield like a hat and a spear as a cane as he kicks through a mob of orcs while singing "no, no, no, no, no, no way sir, no, no, no, no, no, not today sir, you won't surround me, you can't surround us." Very Happy

And it goes a lil sumptin like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuaV_Ql9v6s

Hah, I used to have a blog called Crunchy Frog and had that guy as a GIF on there. That vid is hilarious, he kicks in perfect time! Can't say I see the dragon the same way though. Smile

Jamie, that sounds like a really good "I'm bored, what to do?" project, jot down notes about the shows you've seen. And if you're extra bored, start a thread here and post 'em. I write down setlists of almost all the concerts I've been to, sometimes surprising looking back years later and compare what I think I heard to what I actually heard. Recalling details between gigs might start getting a little fuzzy during the next 30 attendances. Wink

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

grain thrower wrote:
I write down setlists of almost all the concerts I've been to, sometimes surprising looking back years later and compare what I think I heard to what I actually heard. Recalling details between gigs might start getting a little fuzzy during the next 30 attendances. Wink

Yeah, I try to do this after any show, usually making a post on Xanga.
Unfortunately, these early Moss Eisley/Eisley shows were in the era before I started blogging.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Too bad I don't even remember the setlist directly after the show. Laughing

Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

please submit any reviews and setlists to the eisley tour guide too. Smile

http://www.eisleytour.com

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Unregistered wrote:
please submit any reviews and setlists to the eisley tour guide too. Smile

http://www.eisleytour.com

Will do!