Laughing City
fernster
Sea Post King

went to see Switchfoot and lo and behold the little band from Tyler TX
played! Smile

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I saw them on that New Years 2007 video on Youtube. It was constantly coming up so I finally clicked it. I didn't even realize it was a band until halfway through the video, I thought it was just a home movie. A weird way to promote a band, I was intrigued by the music so it worked on me, it generated a lot of hate from others though heh.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

I saw a magazine article about EISLEY when "Room Noises" came out (family band from Tyler, TX ,etc.) with a glowing review of the album.. I was intrigued , and bought the CD a few weeks later. I was totally hooked immediately, and started researching EISLEY more on the internet. I bought all their EP's on eBay, and was a lurker on the website for a long time before joining LC, just to keep up with the latest EISLEY/Dupree news. I also listened to the cd's all the time in my car (forcing my wife and daughter to listen to them Wink ) My wife thought they were Ok, but my young daughter Samantha (now 9) loved EISLEY as much as I do. Sherri , Stacy, and Chauntelle are her inspiration. She is quite artistic and draws and paints (and is inspired by Sherri's artwork) .She also writes stories and songs, and started a band with a couple of other 3rd grade girls that they call 'GreenSpike'- all inspired by EISLEY. When 'Combinations' came out , Samantha wanted to listen to it everyday until she'd memorized all the lyrics. I told her she was old enough to go to a concert, and promised her that we'd go to see EISLEY on their next spring tour as her birthday present. We went to the Detroit concert at The Shelter in May for the 'Combinations' tour. We both loved it! Sherri even commented during the show on the several young girls standing to the side of the stage (for a better view) and said they must have really cool parents to let them come to a rock concert Wink . At the end of the concert, Sam gave Sherri a gift bag with boxes of Cap'n Crunch and Lucky Charms , and Sherri gave her a big hug. Sam was totally thrilled. Smile So Sam and I are now hardcore EISLEY fans and plan to attend as many of their future concerts as we can. And we can't wait for a new album to come out... Very Happy
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Dan and Sam wrote:
She also writes stories and songs, and started a band with a couple of other 3rd grade girls that they call 'GreenSpike'- all inspired by EISLEY.

Are there recordings (or a myspace page)?

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It's crazy to think that it's been nearly 5 years since I discovered Eisley. Wow.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kellyvsshark
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
It's crazy to think that it's been nearly 5 years since I discovered Eisley. Wow.

that's crazy
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

bigideas wrote:
Dan and Sam wrote:
She also writes stories and songs, and started a band with a couple of other 3rd grade girls that they call 'GreenSpike'- all inspired by EISLEY.

Are there recordings (or a myspace page)?

No... not yet , anyway. maybe we'll get around to that one of these days.. Wink