Laughing City
pumamina
Golly, Poster

It's been nearly a year since Combations came out
Since then alot has happened
Share your stories.
Mine-
"I've graduated eightgrade with flying colours, meet some great people doing a play, got annied at kids at school (never to there face) for not really understanding me and leaving me out of alot. Started acting, got a manager, agent. Started playing tennis. Became the best basketball player on the school team. Changed my outlook on life and have started to dream bigger."
Please share

rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

thats a cute story. hope all continues to go well!

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

pumamina wrote:
got annied

Question
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
pumamina
Golly, Poster

sorry annoyed
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

Okay, now that post makes way more sense. Thanks.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

Congratulations on making it to high school! In my opinion school just keeps getting better and better after junior high/middle school

Since Combinations came out i've helped deliver two babies, saw sunsets over the Sahara, caught amoebic dysentery, learned some French (plus a little Arabic and Cebarra), developed a gravity fed drip irrigation system for farmers in Africa (it's still in prototype), written six songs or so, butchered a pig, learned how to keep bees, played rugby in Casablanca, and been accepted to grad school. It's been a good/difficult/full year.

I can't wait for the next one.

love,
luke
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

Cool stuff. Since Combinations came out I have...let's see I've done stage crew for drama, had a murder mystery party, gotten my driver's license, became so upset with someone I cried for days (they still don't know how bad it was), passed 10th grade, saw Eisley for the first time, made new friends, gone to Bermuda with my family, Italy, France and Spain as student ambassador, taught Sunday School, gotten a job, and felt like I've grown up a lot but also realize how young I am? I can't wait to see what the future hold for me.
Last edited by Cendrillon on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

well i'm a junior now in highschool, got my license! ummm...went to see EISLEY live for the first time in Atlanta, best flippin' night ever. they're so kind and live they're just as amazing.
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Well, I went all over China/Japan, got surgery, graduated high school... with flying colors, was accepted to the University of Florida, learned some more American Sign Language, took a road trip with my best friends, haven't crushed on anyone, saw Eisley for the third time, saw Brand New for the first time, saw Hot Hot Heat for the second time, and started using a Mac. I'm sure there are other interesting things... but I can't remember.
Mormon_seebs
Sea Post King

Well, let's see. i got thru my sophmore year (blegh). took drivers ed and tested three times for my lisence. started going to/playing local shows. got a real job, and was introduced to after show 'breakfasts' at Perkins.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sharrkmaster
Sea Post King

Hmm. I'm not exactly sure exactly when I started listening to Eisley, but I'm pretty sure it was a while after Combinations came out.. so..

I got into Eisley, listened to them so much had to take a break from them. Kept up with David Crowder Band. Bought Remedy, got the limited edition CD for the extra song and bonus DVD. Bought Relient K's new album (which was way better than their old one). Wrote and recorded more songs with my friend in our little band. Got a girlfriend whom I absolutely love. Went through some spiritual crises, God made up for it, got a call to go into full-time ministry or mission work of some sort. Went to China for a mission trip.. got a heart for Chinese orphans in a dream and woke up sobbing. Listened to Eisley again after I heard they were recording a new album and after chatting with Christie DuPree (w00t!). Became obsessed with Eisley. Got my first job. Still have a girlfriend and a healthy relationship. Decided I want to eventually go back to China and do mission work or at least just adopt an orphan. Got better at playing drums.

Lots more, but that's pretty much the essentials..

edit: Oh, and I graduated from 11th grade and now I'm a senior.. college in 1 year!
Joined: 10 Mar 2008 | Posts: 136 | Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
norad
Vintage Newbie

I did a lot of nothing. Laughing
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I found Eisley just over a year ago (August 7th, 2007; I think the fact that I know the exact date proves how amazing Eisley is and how much they can affect someone). I've since seen them 4 times, met and started dating an amazing girl who I really hope is with me for a very long time (if you know what I mean) ... (although we've been in a long distance relationship for the last 3 months (I've seen her twice all summer) and it's put a huge strain on the relationship so we're on a break, but she moves back in a week so wish me luck...), and started my career at United Parcel Service. And oh yeah, it's almost been a year since I became a Laughing Citizen. Very Happy And on top of all that, last fall was the most exciting (and most depressing) football season ever for me because I'm a die-hard fan of the Oregon Ducks, and I got to witness (first hand; I attened 8 out of 13 games) my Ducks rise to the #2 team in the country with two of the best and most exciting players in the country (QB Dennis Dixon and RB Jonathan Stewart), and then come crashing down the moment Dixon tore his ACL against Arizona last November (they lost the remaining 3 regular season games Sad ).

Honestly, I think the last 12 months have been the best of my life. Certainly the most memorable.

And I really didn't think this post was going to be this long. Laughing
Lynn
Golly, Poster

I met a very good friend and became closer with another very good friend, I had the best time in school I've ever had, I got to know different people, I did lots of things I'm sorry about, and lots of things I'm glad I did, I read some really great books and listened to some amazing music (Combinations Smile but not only), I bought a new guitar, I improved my drawing and so on.
All in all, probably my best year. Most interesting and exciting at any rate.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Wow. I totally feel i've wasted my year after reading some of your stories.

goto page
 | next >>