52%
 52%  [ 37 ]
nay alcohol passes these lips of mine
43%
 43%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 71

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

sometimes it's nice to have vino with a mealo, really can enhance the experience. and with cheese - GOOD cheese, mmmmmm.....

rarely drink beer as most beer tastes like pee in a bottle (not that I know what that tastes like!)

shyviolet
Lost at Forum

i've never acquired much of a taste for alcohol. when going out i choose splurging on dessert and coffee after the meal rather than a glass of beer or wine during. lots of water and little coffee and i'm a beverage happy girl.

i work at a cute little restaurant with an awesome belgian beer selection and some world-famous hometown brews. we also have some inexpensive but carefully chosen wines. i appreciate the way food and alcohol can complement one another but it's just not for me.

sebas
Golly, Poster

bring out the bailey's Irish cream!

-Mahatma, Gandhi
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

I drink with friends on the weekends. Beer for parties, rum for more casual times. I'm one of the more responsible drinkers you'll meet, and always am in control of myself.
sully_51
Golly, Poster

I don't have a problem with drinking. I don't even really have a problem with getting drunk. I enjoy having one or two drinks with friends, and I enjoy having more than a few occasionally. I don't make a habit of it though, and I don't do anything stupid like drive. I enjoy the taste of a good drink (my favourite is a long island iced tea), and I enjoy the feeling of a good buzz. That said, I drink maybe once a month or less, and always safely.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I like a good beer after work. Good beer, like one of the many delicious local micro-brews from right here in Oregon, not a Coors Light...

I'd say I drink with friends every other weekend, sometimes every weekend. I rarely get so drunk I can't control myself, I just like to have a few drinks and have a good time with my friends.
Catey
Lost at Forum

I drink,I'm a student!

Over the last year, since becoming a uni student I've acquired a liking for Snakebites w/ Ribena. When I go out with my friends, it usually consists of about 4 of those for £1.50 each and than 5 or 6 Vodka & Coke/Red Bull/Sprites. I can drink with the best of them I will say, and from having already pretty poor vision it doesn't really affect me that much...a bonus.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I've read a lot of studies that conclude that a moderate amount of alcohol can be good for your cardiovascular system. But moderate is always defined as one beer,glass of wine, or shot of liquor, for a women or two for a man (the weight factor.) in a 24 hour period. So "two's my limit!" goes for me!
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Don't drink; never have. Simply not interested.
norad
Vintage Newbie

ks1990 wrote:
Don't drink; never have. Simply not interested.

Me too. The stupidity of most of my high school classmates made me realize how idiotic it really is. Rolling Eyes
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

i like booze, and here's why:

You can get it reletively cheap, if you're smart.
Like, I get me a 32oz Miller High Life (Champagne of Beers) for about 2 bucks. I bring it into a restaurant via my purse, and ask for a glass of water. badda bing, cheap beer while I eat off of my friends plates.

Relaxation. Booze is the best. I've tried Valium, but that stuff makes you weird relaxed, like the annoying person that laughs at everything during a movie. Booze just helps you sit in your seat without fidgeting.

Confidence. Lord knows I got none on my own, a bit of tequila and there's not a decent looking person in the room I won't talk to. (sometimes slightly less decent looking, depending on how much booze).

Fun Factor: come on guys and gals, drinking is fun. i mean, there is the occasional "oops I didn't mean to punch you in the face" or "oops i did what with who? where?" and the video footage of you making out with your best friends dad, but who cares, it's fun.

Forget Factor: unless it's documented, you don't have to remember the stupid stuff you do most of the time.

Booze rules.

By the way, that was a joke.
I drink occasionally with friends, but I know my limits now.
And no, I've never made out with anybody's dad. Well, they weren't dads at the time Wink

seansy
Sea Post King

This is probably going to sounds stupid as its the opposite of what some people who drink casually think/do. I don't like the taste of alcoholic beverages, much, so i only like drinking if i plan to get a good buzz going. I've tried to enjoy wine, and beers, but the drinks just get me full, and taste bad. Maybe i don't like the taste because its cheap beer I usually drink like Milwaukee's Best, which is 5$/12.
Oh god i can feel the hate going down on me Embarassed .
I never drink alone. I'm not a beer with breakfast person.

The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
crazeemunkeyz
Laughing Citizen

cynlovescandy wrote:
i like booze, and here's why:

You can get it reletively cheap, if you're smart.
Like, I get me a 32oz Miller High Life (Champagne of Beers) for about 2 bucks. I bring it into a restaurant via my purse, and ask for a glass of water. badda bing, cheap beer while I eat off of my friends plates.

Relaxation. Booze is the best. I've tried Valium, but that stuff makes you weird relaxed, like the annoying person that laughs at everything during a movie. Booze just helps you sit in your seat without fidgeting.

Confidence. Lord knows I got none on my own, a bit of tequila and there's not a decent looking person in the room I won't talk to. (sometimes slightly less decent looking, depending on how much booze).

Fun Factor: come on guys and gals, drinking is fun. i mean, there is the occasional "oops I didn't mean to punch you in the face" or "oops i did what with who? where?" and the video footage of you making out with your best friends dad, but who cares, it's fun.

Forget Factor: unless it's documented, you don't have to remember the stupid stuff you do most of the time.

Booze rules.

By the way, that was a joke.
I drink occasionally with friends, but I know my limits now.
And no, I've never made out with anybody's dad. Well, they weren't dads at the time Wink

hahaha you had me completely fooled the whole time. i was like..wow...this girl is CRAZY. Laughing
mellon collie
Sea Post King

underage and don't feel the need to "rebel" by killing brain cells.
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

I drink. I enjoy getting a buzz occasionally. Most of the time I do it in moderation. (One drink at a meal perhaps once a week. Maybe less.) When I come home and visit old friends I really like a ...ahem... few good drinks.

I like the feeling of letting go and cutting loose sometimes. But, really, only with the people I love and trust dearly.

Going out to bars and getting drunk just for the sake of getting drunk seems a bit silly to me. I never ever want to be drunk around people I don't know.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>