48%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 29

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

We had a freshman QB playing.
No excuses.

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

At least Rhett Bomar had been starting all season, and playing well. The Dixon/Leaf two-headed monster had only 3 games in before the Holiday Bowl.

No excuses, but you have to admit that if Clemens was playing the Ducks would have covered the 3 points they lost by and more...

Ok, I won't make any excuses for that game if you don't for the 2006 game. Deal? Wink
BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

I'm pretty sure that whether you like baseball or not has nothing to do with the implication of instant replay.

It's pretty apparent from posts here who actually has watched enough baseball to form an opinion on this. Anyone who watches for real knows that replay will speed up the game if anything, never mind helping the umps get the call right.

I'm actually supportive of expanding the rule to apply to tags and other calls. The only aspect of the game I would keep replay out of would be balls/strikes. I would miss the bittersweet sight of Terry Francona getting ejected when the Sox are down 7-1 in the 9th and Crisp just got a BS out call stealing 2nd. Cool I love that.

singsoftly wrote:
could care less, it won't change baseball from being the most boring sport.

Soccer, IMO.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
I'm pretty sure that whether you like baseball or not has nothing to do with the implication of instant replay.

It's pretty apparent from posts here who actually has watched enough baseball to form an opinion on this. Anyone who watches for real knows that replay will speed up the game if anything, never mind helping the umps get the call right.

I'm actually supportive of expanding the rule to apply to tags and other calls. The only aspect of the game I would keep replay out of would be balls/strikes. I would miss the bittersweet sight of Terry Francona getting ejected when the Sox are down 7-1 in the 9th and Crisp just got a BS out call stealing 2nd. Cool I love that.

singsoftly wrote:
could care less, it won't change baseball from being the most boring sport.

Soccer, IMO.

golf *cough*

Vintage Newbie

No, no no. As Americans we're required to hate any sport we're not the best at. Wink

I watch Golf every now and then, but I can totally agree that most would find it boring. But I'd argue that Rocco Mediate vs. Tiger earlier this year was more exciting than any soccer event I've watched (I've been to games, watched the World Cup, etc. and I've used to play it so I'm not just being stupid about it)
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
No, no no. As Americans we're required to hate any sport we're not the best at. Wink

I watch Golf every now and then, but I can totally agree that most would find it boring. But I'd argue that Rocco Mediate vs. Tiger earlier this year was more exciting than any soccer event I've watched (I've been to games, watched the World Cup, etc. and I've used to play it so I'm not just being stupid about it)

Tiger Woods vs. Rocco Mediate was THE sporting event of the year, to date. Yes, better than the Olympics. Anyone who golfs and watched that will agree.
singsoftly
Golly, Poster

BNROCKS wrote:

'05 Champions League final, liverpool vs. Ac Milan. For having and absolute love for liverpool f.c. my heart stopped for about 15 mins during the penalties. What a game.

When I fly solo, I fly so high.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I love watching soccer. I think it's really exciting. Smile and gymnastics. but I prefer going to meets to watching them on TV, because they usually aren't live.
but I don't really like watching American football, golf, baseball or hockey. Maybe I haven't given them enough of a chance...

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Cap'n O'Schovanec
Golly, Poster

What's baseball?

Facebook.... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455720010

EisleyForever wrote:

Never you mind, dearie. When a person implores your soul to watch its dead body have love made to it by an underage girl--from Texas, no less--it's okay not to respond.
Joined: 19 Mar 2007 | Posts: 662 | Location: Beaverton, Oregon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Next person to talk about soccer in this thread is banned.

<< prev | goto page