Laughing City
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

I was in 7th grade. I woke up and came into our front room at about 7 am, the tv was on the Today show (or NBC) saw that one had hit, and then watched the second plane hit. I was sure that it was an accident at first.
I remember sitting in class and worrying that a plane was going to crash into the building. I kept looking out the windows... Sad

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

i had just woken up and heard it on the tv when my mom was watching the news.
mybrotherisadino
Sea Post King

i was getting ready for 3rd grade and my dad ran upstairs and woke up my mom and told her that a plane crashed into the WTC and it was an accident. then right before school they saw the 2nd plane crash, but they didn't want me to watch anything live, so they sent me to school and i for sure thought the bus was going to explode..
then we had inside recess for a week or so.
keep in mind i live in a small town in Minnesota (about 50k people)

i also remember on the bus this 5th grader was yelling across the bus and he was like "did you hear what happened today?? ITS NOT FUNNY!"
lol

also my friend said a 9-11 joke. "im crashing like im a plane"
lolol
Joined: 25 Aug 2007 | Posts: 127 | Location: Minneapolis, MN
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

I was in third grade, didn't really understand why the teachers were all running around talking to one another and dissappearing at intervals. I just remember a kid running, running home; his father worked in one of the towers. after I got home my dad explained what had happened.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

I read your post before you deleted it, oliez. You shouldn't have deleted it; I don't think "lol" should show up anywhere in this thread...
norad
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:
I read your post before you deleted it, oliez. You shouldn't have deleted it; I don't think "lol" should show up anywhere in this thread...

It certainly does. Shockingly enough.

mybrotherisadino wrote:
lolol

Rolling Eyes
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
uncreative wrote:

mybrotherisadino wrote:
lolol

Rolling Eyes

And just to be clear, oliez didn't have "lol" anywhere in his post, he was calling out the post that you just quoted.

Anyway...
norad
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:
patrock wrote:
uncreative wrote:

mybrotherisadino wrote:
lolol

Rolling Eyes

And just to be clear, oliez didn't have "lol" anywhere in his post, he was calling out the post that you just quoted.

Anyway...

Yea, I'm aware.

Anyway...
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

This reminds me of my eight grade IPC teacher because he liked to blow things up...he was awesome, but not because he blew things up...I just liked him he was cool. Anyway...he said that one morning he took his class out to blow things up and everyone went crazy because they thought it was like the Columbine shooting and it was just a year after...ever since then he just did it inside...

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Mooncutter wrote:
I'm really surprised at how many of you seem to have television in the classroom.

Yeah it's pretty standard...I'm a sophomore high school and we use it for news, weather, and the oh so useless bus evacuation videos...Seriously I watched the bus evacuation video and it was like "pull latch on the back door down and push" and all this other crap about how to open the doors...all of it the common sense of a third grader.

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
mybrotherisadino
Sea Post King

mybrotherisadino wrote:
lolol

lolol that was a fun day.
9-11-08 i mean..
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I was in 8th grade. My Geometry teacher let us watch it, but that's because we were a class of 8 8th graders taking a 10th grade math class. My US History teacher wouldn't even talk to us about it though.

mybrotherisadino wrote:
mybrotherisadino wrote:
lolol

9-11-08 i mean..

How mature.

mybrotherisadino
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:
I was in 8th grade. My Geometry teacher let us watch it, but that's because we were a class of 8 8th graders taking a 10th grade math class. My US History teacher wouldn't even talk to us about it though.

mybrotherisadino wrote:
mybrotherisadino wrote:
lolol

9-11-08 i mean..

How mature.

uh, it WAS a fun day.
im not saying that it was fun because of 9-11.
norad
Vintage Newbie

This wasn't exactly the thread to reflect on your fun day. Cool Just sayin'...
Comesapart
Sea Post King

I know this might not be popular to say, but I think that this is the place for someone to say exactly what they experienced on 9-11, even if they had a good day. I'm surprised that so many people have gone out of their way to trivialize and marginalize the experience of mybrotherisadino because it does not agree with the majority. I feel that this topic could have been used as a catalyst for understanding and reaching out to other people; if someone was curious why a person felt the way they did they could ask without judging. It would be interesting (this being the internet and all) to get viewpoints from other countries and peoples that might broaden our views of such an event, rather than reinforcing a single experience; 9-11 as a tragedy and not an event that could be a catalyst for real changes in our world today.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>