Laughing City
Phobos IX
Sea Post King

man I really wish I had a cool story about where I was, but the truth is I was in 8th grade and wasn't even attentive enough to notice people going home early, my school kept it pretty much a secret until I got home, then when they mentioned it, I guess DID notice people going home early.

But I may as well tell an eerie story about my good friend. My friend was in 6th grade at the time, his mom didn't work, and his dad worked virtually every single day at the world trade center, a couple of floors directly above where the 1st plane hit. My friend's birthday just so happened to have been september 11th, 1990. My friend went throughout the whole school day thinking his dad was dead, on his birthday no less, because like I said, he worked every single day. But when he got home he saw his dad was alive and well at home, and actually took off that one day because it was his son's birthday. If my friend was born on September 10th or September 12th, my friend's dad would be dead today.

http://civic.moveon.org/stopthefcc//
John Gilchrist Lodge
Sea Post King

I was making one of my final car payments (previous vehicle) at my credit union when I saw/heard the news. Crying or Very sad I'll never forget it.
Mims
Golly, Poster

I was in 6th grade science. My teacher said there had been an attack. She said she didn't know much but said that we could find out together and she turned on the TV. My friend got a call from her mom and she broke out into tears- her sister was in the Pentagon and was sent the hospital. Heer sister has multiple injuries and a few broke limbs but she healed fine.

I remember trying to find cartoons just so I wouldn't have to see the ash covered people screaming and crying anymore. I fully understood what was happening but at a certain point I couldn't bear to watch the pain of others.

This is from my boyfriend:

I got home from school and they were showing news about the US [he lived in Cuba at the time] and I assumed it would be the same old propaganda type stuff that we saw which involved a lot of mocking. It wasn't. It was the first and only time that the Cuban goverment had anything sympathetic or kind to say about the US. Everyone was in horror and couldn't really believe it. It was on the news for days.
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Ceryini
Sea Post King

Hmm I'm not sure where I was exactly when it happened. But the first time I heard of it was when I got home from school that day. I had happened sometime during the day. My mom was watching the news when I got home. I didn't understand it really, I was 8. I did learn that we had relations in America that day though o.o; because my older brother asked if they were near the twin towers ^^"
mermaidentwined
Sea Post King

I was in my 10th grade psychology class. I saw the 2nd plane hit and that's an image I will never get out of my head <3
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Jared x wrote:
I was in 8th grade. My Geometry teacher let us watch it, but that's because we were a class of 8 8th graders taking a 10th grade math class. My US History teacher wouldn't even talk to us about it though.

mybrotherisadino wrote:
mybrotherisadino wrote:
also my friend said a 9-11 joke. "im crashing like im a plane"
lolol

lolol that was a fun day.
9-11-08 i mean..

How mature.

Lucky! All my friends took Geometry in eighth because we went to a gifted and talented middle school. I just went for eighth grade so I had to take algebra...Now I'm in algebra 2 as a sophomore and all my friends are in pre-cal...and hits one kid is in calculus already.
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Comesapart wrote:
I know this might not be popular to say, but I think that this is the place for someone to say exactly what they experienced on 9-11, even if they had a good day. I'm surprised that so many people have gone out of their way to trivialize and marginalize the experience of mybrotherisadino because it does not agree with the majority. I feel that this topic could have been used as a catalyst for understanding and reaching out to other people; if someone was curious why a person felt the way they did they could ask without judging. It would be interesting (this being the internet and all) to get viewpoints from other countries and peoples that might broaden our views of such an event, rather than reinforcing a single experience; 9-11 as a tragedy and not an event that could be a catalyst for real changes in our world today.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't everyone. In fact is was only a few people. I didn't even know what was going on and I thought it was cool to see the video of the plane crashing. I was in third grade though.

Anyway, if you want to post something on the internet for people to read, you have to be ready for someone to criticize you not just think that everyone is going to be fine with it and not judge.
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

lookingXglass wrote:
Jared x wrote:
I was in 8th grade. My Geometry teacher let us watch it, but that's because we were a class of 8 8th graders taking a 10th grade math class. My US History teacher wouldn't even talk to us about it though.

mybrotherisadino wrote:
mybrotherisadino wrote:
also my friend said a 9-11 joke. "im crashing like im a plane"
lolol

lolol that was a fun day.
9-11-08 i mean..

How mature.

Lucky! All my friends took Geometry in eighth because we went to a gifted and talented middle school. I just went for eighth grade so I had to take algebra...Now I'm in algebra 2 as a sophomore and all my friends are in pre-cal...and hits one kid is in calculus already.

psh i took algebra 2 as a sophomore, and most of my friends were in pre-calc
and at my school most of the sophomores were taking either geometry or even algebra I.

but im also in this stupid program, the international baccalaureat, (im a junior now) and the lowest math class you could take in sophmore year was algebra 2.
so i felt kinda dumb...
..especially when i had to take it again over the summer cos i failed the midterm and the final Embarassed

-Mae West

<< prev | goto page