Laughing City
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:

And whatever Sherri enjoys writing, I'll probably enjoy listening to.

Same- I have no interest in this series, but I'd probably like the song.

Pantheon4 wrote:

You know, most people hate the smell of poop. If you like the smell, good for you. But don't get angry at me for telling you're sniffing a turd.

Yes. Laughing

ks1990
Lost at Forum

I haven't read the books either. but I might watch the film if it gets good reviews. Honestly, any song Sherri writes will be cool, so if she wants to write another song based on a book, then I'm all for it!
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

Last year, when I was in HS I would sit in the band room in the morning before classes started and there were like 2 or 3 copies of Twilight being shared among like... ten girls, who would come in each morning and talk about how hot the vampire was.

I don't really know much beyond that, but their conversations didn't make me wanna read the books any more than I already did (which was none since I had never heard of them before)

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

hisownshot wrote:
Last year, when I was in HS I would sit in the band room in the morning before classes started and there were like 2 or 3 copies of Twilight being shared among like... ten girls, who would come in each morning and talk about how hot the vampire was.

I don't really know much beyond that, but their conversations didn't make me wanna read the books any more than I already did (which was none since I had never heard of them before)

Let's make this simple:

Band=> high concentration of nerds=>nerds behave like nerds=> the Twilight series => nerdy behavior.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

I was 12 or 13 when the first book came out, and I liked it. And yeah, i've read all of them, and they aren't the best books in the entire world I admit, and they are cliche, but i don't hate them.

In fact, I would also like to read Midnight Sun if the author releases it.

even if sherri liked a book series I thought was horrible, I doubt i'd care, but i'd probably read the books again to see why she liked them so much. Very Happy Wink

Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

Pantheon4 wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

Let's make this simple:

Band=> high concentration of nerds=>nerds behave like nerds=> the Twilight series => nerdy behavior.

Actually, I'd wager that Twilight fans are comprised more of the Gossip Girl-ish type than of nerds.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Miss Pine wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

Let's make this simple:

Actually, I'd wager that Twilight fans are comprised more of the Gossip Girl-ish type than of nerds.

Nah, Gossip Girl fans tend to be the celebrity-obsessed, pop-culture loving kind.

Golly, Poster

Mooncutter wrote:
Miss Pine wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

Let's make this simple:

Nah, Gossip Girl fans tend to be the celebrity-obsessed, pop-culture loving kind.

i love twilight.

..and i love gossip girl Sad

-Mae West
pollyanna87
Sea Post King

This doesn't really have anything to do with Sherri reading Twilight, but I don't read Twilight because I work with a girl who is obsessed with it. And well, she writes erotic vampire stories and includes herself as a character. Sooo.... that makes me want to stray away from anything that has to do with this girl. It might be a great book series, but I don't want to know. Confused
johnip
Vintage Newbie

pollyanna87 wrote:
This doesn't really have anything to do with Sherri reading Twilight, but I don't read Twilight because I work with a girl who is obsessed with it. And well, she writes erotic vampire stories and includes herself as a character. Sooo.... that makes me want to stray away from anything that has to do with this girl. It might be a great book series, but I don't want to know. Confused

That's hawt. Laughing

Golly, Poster

I really REALLY don't like twilight. the writing and storyline are just.. ugh. so done.

however I would still be friends with you sherri.
national phenomenon
Golly, Poster

At least it isn't the first book series she's ever read.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

kathymunster wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
Miss Pine wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

Let's make this simple:

i love twilight.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRD! Wink

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
stumple13
Sea Post King

pollyanna87 wrote:

HA!
wacky world we live in

but if sherri did write a song about the books
or about vampires
well i would probably end up loving it
because you know...its sherri...writing music
its just the over-fanatical fans that weird me out-as clearly displayed above haha
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

Pantheon4 wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
Miss Pine wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
hisownshot wrote:

Let's make this simple:

i love twilight.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRD! Wink

haha, im so ashamed to say that i actually watch gossip girl.
but never will i be ashamed of my undying love for twilight!
haha

-Mae West

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>