Laughing City
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

kingspin wrote:
The server was updated to increase capicity and reliability. The slowness of the site the day of the move was becuase we were moving files and rebuilding databases and infrastructure while keep the site live. Sorry there are no "functional" updates or new features for the site at this time. We have lots of ideas... you guys should start a feature request thread on the forum if there isn't one already.

http://www.eisley.com/journals/trolleywood/_35452/pg2/#c

Post away!

i think that the site should have a page that has a link for every Eisley song, recorded or live, and have the lyrics available, also. and possibly able for download. so it's kind of all cataloged.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
olimario
Laughing Citizen

I absolutely agree with the OP.
There needs to be a music download section with your older stuff that isn't for sale anymore.

Other than that I don't really have an issue with the site.
Keep up the good work!
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I really liked that 'blue' wallpaper that was up a while back! Smile
mybrotherisadino
Sea Post King

I think there needs to be almost a chat room.. with mods, of course.
Also, possibly a webcam feature, like Mebeam, or Stickam, that not only the users can do, but also the band members!
and definitely a different background, I just hate staring at the color, no offense to anyone.
And maybe after this new website, or more of an operating system, becomes more functional, we can add more and more bands to the server.
There should be different ranks too
For example:

Paid - (a small fee for a few months, or for a year) FULL access to anything on the website, you hear news before anyone else.
Regular - (free) pretty much your basic website (news section, photos, biography, blogs, videos, etc) *no access to the chats or the webcam broadcasts.

just a thought
Joined: 25 Aug 2007 | Posts: 127 | Location: Minneapolis, MN
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I don't think anything needs to be changed. The song catalogue thing has been done on fansites. The official Eisley site is perfectly functional the way it is and I can't think of any new features that wouldn't just make it a clunky mess.

mybrotherisadino wrote:
Also, possibly a webcam feature, like Mebeam, or Stickam, that not only the users can do, but also the band members!
and definitely a different background, I just hate staring at the color, no offense to anyone.
And maybe after this new website, or more of an operating system, becomes more functional, we can add more and more bands to the server.
For example:

Paid - (a small fee for a few months, or for a year) FULL access to anything on the website, you hear news before anyone else.
Regular - (free) pretty much your basic website (news section, photos, biography, blogs, videos, etc) *no access to the chats or the webcam broadcasts.

just a thought

Or they could get a Modlife. Rolling Eyes

I am not cool with the idea of "ranks" for Eisley fans. The thought sickens me, in fact. The great thing about Eisley is that they've presented all this great content for free all these years, and for people to lose access to that because they start charging would be really awful.

I used to think it was a cool idea. I was even a "subscriber" to the U2.com exclusive members-only area. But that didn't provide me with anything I couldn't get elsewhere for free, and the only other perk was the ticket presale. What a nightmare that was! I did the presale rigmarole and got the nosebleed section--and I was one of the lucky ones who got any tickets at all. A few months later I bought my tickets for a different U2 show the regular way, and got awesome seats.

So yeah, no separate paid and free sections for Eisley, thanks.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

mybrotherisadino wrote:
For example:

just a thought

I just don't liek the thought that you can 'buy' an upgrade... ti just sounds soo-not exactly comerrcial;- but... *shudder*
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

mybrotherisadino wrote:
For example:

just a thought

Did you have Divine Inspiration for that idea?

Laughing I mean what kind of a weirdo would even imagine himself with wings in any way shape or form.
<----Oh, oh yeah... nevermind.

Also someone else was mentioning this. Change the name of "Eisleyblog" to "Obsessed Fan Battledrome" or something. There's no Eisleys blogging here.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Last edited by Nowhere Man on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Caley
Lost at Forum

Yeah, the thought of having premium membership and a regular one kind of gives me bad vibes, I'm not gonna lie.

Maybe for the upcoming album they can do official wallpapers and banners?

Really, I think the site is pretty much equipped with great things already. It's hard to think of things they can add.

nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

i think the site works great the way it is, though im not opposed to some cool new features... what those are i do not know.

my answer was very constructive.... i know

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
alinicole
Sea Post King

mybrotherisadino wrote:
For example:

just a thought

Pretty sure they won't ever have a paid fanclub sort of thing.

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
The song catalogue thing has been done on fansites. The official Eisley site is perfectly functional the way it is and I can't think of any new features that wouldn't just make it a clunky mess.

well, i meant more so, some of the stuff that was never officially released. like recordings of songs that no one has. that kind of stuff. it was just a suggestion. Very Happy

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
mybrotherisadino
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
I don't think anything needs to be changed. The song catalogue thing has been done on fansites. The official Eisley site is perfectly functional the way it is and I can't think of any new features that wouldn't just make it a clunky mess.

mybrotherisadino wrote:
For example:

just a thought

Or they could get a Modlife. Rolling Eyes

Whoa, that's a good idea!
You should suggest that to someone in power!
Joined: 25 Aug 2007 | Posts: 127 | Location: Minneapolis, MN
norad
Vintage Newbie

I think any sort of paid membership is one of the worst things Eisley could do. The forum just needs to look like the rest of the site.

mybrotherisadino wrote:

What? Why would there be more bands on the server for EISLEY'S website??
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Search function for the journals would be about it. That would be very helpful.
norad
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Search function for the journals would be about it. That would be very helpful.

Oh yes! I forgot I was thinking about that a few weeks ago.