Laughing City
eisleyfan14203
Sea Post King

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.
I would LOVE to see Eisley in lower Louisiana. I am from lafayette and I know you've been through here before. my sister in law and I travelled to Houston for your april first show during the combinations tour. Wile I would DEFINATLEY travel that again I would love to have an Eisley show down here so I can get my friends involved and show them what Eisley is about because no matter how much I preech about you guys and gals they dont understand. I would promote you like crazy if you did.
Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

I like Eisley because they are different. They dont promote the bad values rappers do today, they are home-spun, the music is AMAZING and they are wholesome real and sometimes personal kids. Eisley is perfect the way it is and the way ya'll do it makes you seem like real people we (the fans) can interact with ya'll which is very rare these days for other bands.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

I like the small shows. they are more personal. leave them like they are Smile

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

I am 17. about 10 percent of my friends listens and bout 15% of my family listens. I am definatley and influencer

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

right now I am listening to Jeremy Eignk, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Chairlift (new ipod commercial song), and The beatles. Dont tour with the mtv bands that are posers (we the kings,cute is what we aim for, metro station) I don't download on itunes if I can buy the CD in stores. I will always buy the physical copy because its much more meaningful and I like to be able to "hold" the music

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

I will be at every Eisley concert in 2009 that I can get to. I will buy the CDs and encourage my friends to buy them. the economy has not yet really damaged my wallet enough to not afford leizure fun things like concerts, cds, clothes. Eisley should do fine if things keep going the way they are now. I would work on putting out CDs and doing alot of promotion

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?
Font color:
First things first. WE NEED POSTERS!!!! .I would love to get more T-shirts (I only have 4 Sad ) and more jackets. I love the artwork sherri does so keep that up.

follow me Smile
seansy
Sea Post King

I'm pretty identical to lucia so I'll spare readers the trouble of going through. Some major points is that I love the small Eisley venues, no need for money thrown on lighting and such, i would watch them in a garage, it wouldnt matter 4 me. Oh im 18 yep.
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

I'd love to see them happy and satisfied with their work and blowing up in a critically acclaimed way...Oh yeah, literally? Southwestern PA

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

Not done at all…I think they have the combination in their group to make it a long time, if they so desired.

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

The biggest thing that makes me coming back to Eisley is the music. Most of the songs from all of the stages of music affects me emotionally. Not like I pull over in the side of the road and start sobbing Wink but I FEEL something, which is missing from a lot of music. They tend to have a very, very nice groove/beat (Sunfeet..:love:, Marvelous Things, Like the Actors, Come Clean) or emotion (Combinations, I Wasn’t Prepared, Head Against the Sky) about their songs no matter the style. That’s another thing, their style is always Eisley, but not stale at all. Some bands have 5 tricks, and all of their songs sound alike. Eisley has variety, which I love. Plus they aren’t afraid to be creative with their style of songs which is something else that keeps me coming back. In fact that’s why they are my favorite group, because I can listen to a full record and not get bored or confuse songs. Their personalities and the entire essence that is Eisley is what keeps me caring about what is going on with them and how well they succeed.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

I think they need to listen to themselves and do what they feel is best creativity wise. I mean, if they naturally go more rock, I think it will come out well...Just like if they do a mellow song, don't worry about speeding it up just to make it a certain style. The best examples are the early works of Eisley, when they were just making music and not deep in the game yet. They pretty much did any style they wanted, and because it seemed natural, it turned out well. The worst would be for them to TRY to be a certain mold.

I hope for them to continue evolving yet stay with the variety they seem to have (see response to #4). My dream record would be something of a mixture of all the “stages” of Eisley…And I don’t mean redoing old songs; I’m a big proponent of looking forward, not back. But the gritty reality and moodiness of some of the early/EP works, the lush melancholy of RN songs, and the complex instrumentation and common/relatable themes of Combinations. Some longer songs can be a good thing. Some irregular structured songs aren't bad... And not so much of a "dry" sound...

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?
I think touring is good, even for just reestablishing the base but I understand the need for breaks both mentally/physically and business wise. I was expecting maybe a winter/early spring tour, but I suppose it all depends on how recording goes.

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

I like the backdrops and lights, but I think the most interesting show I’ve been to of theirs was back during Final Noise (also the first show). I don’t think it was because it was the first show, but because it seemed like they were more relaxed, there was some conversation during the set, and some memorable moments. While going for the straight music/lights/ less talking between music I guess makes it more of a professional production, in my opinion the conversation is what makes it more of an experience. I mean, the whole band doesn’t have to put on a forced comedy show or anything, but Sherri (who does most of the talking) seems to have a gift of throwing out some charming/funny stories and jokes…and I think it works for Eisley’s shows. So lighting, building, backdrop yes...too "professional," straight music, not talk...That can be more relaxed.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

Being that Eisley is the main band I would like to see , they can tour all they want without me getting tired of it! Combinations was toured a lot for the amount of time it had to live…but it had no time. No other promotion. It’s hard to tour an album with limited push from other venues (record company). I think opening for bands is not a bad idea, since many people heard of Eisley as openers, but they seem to also be able to do more their thing as headliners.

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

The only reason I stayed home is because the tour came nowhere near my city (and for all but one show I traveled at least 3 hours to see them). I understand why, but that’s the truth as to why I didn’t go. I love the acoustic set up and arrangements, it just may not have brought the casual fans.

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

Eisley might do better on either a mini-major or Indie. Some place where they can be invested in, because the only reason Eisley isn’t bigger is because more people don’t know about them. And majors are great for resources, but if those resources aren’t used, then the point is lost.

And me? I am a young professional wishing she wasn’t in the adult world already... I’m one big oxymoron, so a stereotype wouldn’t work. Definitely can’t tell the book by just it’s cover with this one, though many do anyway. I love music, literally most kinds…”indie,” moody, bassy, rock, dance, hip-hop, pop…

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

I’m 25, I know at least two friends who know of Eisley but not really into them (though into them enough to spend money on at least one show and/or buy a CD). I’m trying to be an influencer, but not working well (when considering Eisley)…Got one friend into them though. Actually, Pandora did. The friend wasn’t really hearing me about the greatness, but after hearing some songs on Pandora radio she realized and had to admit she liked Eisley. (Again, pure exposure to the music would get more listeners).

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

I find bands mostly through word of mouth…either articles on the internet, friends recommend bands, and frankly, a lot through this forum. Some music I've been listening to lately was Minus the Bear, the latest Tricky, TV on the Radio, Portishead, Radiohead, M.I.A...but a lot of my musical tastes seem to follow what the band mentions in their musical likes. Myspace is a great feature to get a taste of the music and what a band is up to (touring wise). I download only from Amazon.com because of the better quality, but only if I can’t find it in stores. Nothing beats the tangible, better sound quality CD.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

I really don’t go anywhere but Myspace or the main websites for musical groups.
What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

Hex no. WB maybe did things to start the process of getting big name people involved in producing or photography, but when it came to actually getting the finished product out there, someone dropped the ball. Combinations had several singles on that album and none seemed to be pushed (though apparently several songs got on the Independent radio if I remember). Getting exposed would make them bigger. It’s true that Eisley is unique enough that they may not blow up overnight like some of the cookie cutter or risque stuff on the radio, but I think they could easily get Decemberists type fame where they may not be getting Clear Channel to play their tunes every 20 minutes, but they are selling out bigger venues with just their name.

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

I think artists will hurt as everyone is hurting. It stinks… I would definitely go to concerts or buy music to support an artist, but for me, that’s one of my main enjoyments. For casual listeners, it may be a sacrifice of this money pinch everyone is going through. I think for survival, using the web like they did early on is a great idea for getting more of a base, and then strategize whatever business method is needed to sale music/merch to make money.

What do you want to see in my lo-fi studio videos this time around?

The process of making the music/recording. I know it may be hard to show that without giving too much away, but I would really love seeing the process as to how the songs are put together…or if you do interviews/having the band talk for the camera, discussions about the backgrounds/feelings behind some of the songs that are being recorded. I like watching part of the tracking process, then hearing the final result later.

Thanks!!
Last edited by Mystic210 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
FawkesFeather
Sea Post King

I’d love to see Eisley in Southern California, preferably somewhere not too far from where I live…maybe Anaheim (coughDowntownDisneycough) or in LA or San Diego. Please keep playing in small venues, too! It’s so much more intimate and friendly. =)

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

Hm…expectations. Honestly, just be inspired and write songs and do those things that make you happy. That’s all I could ask and expect. Keep your loyal fans posted on your doings! Most importantly, keep being Eisley!

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

Hm, I see Eisley playing at my wedding! Haha Just kidding. In all seriousness, be happy! If writing songs and touring and sharing that bit of yourselves with us, by all means, keep doing it! Your job on earth isn’t done. Yet. =)

In terms of Eisley’s music, I fell in love with the whimsicality of Room Noises and Combinations, the poetry and creativity of their lyrics, not to mention the beautiful, unique, memorable, and haunting quality of the DuPree sisters’ voices.

But that’s not all I love. I love that Eisley is so real and not above letting us see them at their silliest, wackiest best. I love that they’re not afraid to share their faith with us, that they don’t feel the need to have rock-star personas, that they’re just themselves. And I love that Eisley continues to play in small venues. The fact that this questionnaire is up all shows that Eisley (or, at the very least, Boyd [who is a part of Eisley, really]) cares about what their fans think.

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

I don’t think Eisley has anything to prove with this next record. I’m probably going to start sounding like a broken record now but I really think that, as long as Eisley stays true to THEIR vision without answering to the industry or producers or big scary men who try to dictate their music, their next album will be amazing. We like them because they make music the way they want to make music.

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

As much as I would love to see another Eisley show, take a break from touring! Relax and record your new album at your leisure. We’ll wait for you! =)

I’m sure I’ve said this before but…smaller shows at intimate venues. It’s more personal and friendly and connected that way. Lighting is a great way to “set the mood,” in my opinion, but flashes and bangs and Spinal Tap-esque theatrics aren’t really necessary.

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

Hm, well, acoustic tours are great. I wasn’t able to attend any shows (life got in the way, oh well) but I think an “organic” presentation is pretty awesome. In-store shows would be freaking amazing. I’d attend and drag my friends along as well!

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

Indie, all the way!

As for me, I am a bookworm, a drama nerd, a college student who listens to pretty much anything and everything from heavy metal to jazz. I read and write and wear black plastic-framed glasses (a la emo?). I’m a sort-of jock, a sort-of gamer (though I’m pretty bad). I fit into a lot of stereotypes…or none at all.

I am nineteen. One of my friends had me listen to “Marvelous Things,” and I fell in love. Most of my other friends had never heard of Eisley until I came along and most of them prefer the mainstream stuff on the radio. My mother has accompanied me to one of Eisley’s shows and really enjoyed it.

At the moment, I’m really into Mika (who is quite popular in Europe) and Feist. Just discovered the band She Wants Revenge. I shy away from bands that are really popular, though I do like a bit of the more mainstream stuff. My friends are usually the way I discover new music. ITunes is my main music provider (unless the music I want is foreign).

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

I don’t think Eisley is promoted enough. Nobody seems to hear about Eisley except through word of mouth (which is pretty reliable, considering =D). WB definitely dropped the ball on promotion.

I WILL come see Eisley in 2009, despite the economy. I could live without going to restaurants or the movies or wherever else I spend money if it meant seeing Eisley.

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

Stickers! Maybe even prints of Sherri’s artwork. That or posters (same different, right?) Sell them at shows and online too. I don’t really like seeing band stuff at retail stores though. And maaaaaybe an online store. I’m of two minds about that.

Anything silly, spontaneous, interesting. =)
Joined: 16 Jan 2008 | Posts: 11 | Location: Irvine/San Gabriel, CA
Starman Deluxe
Sea Post King

Where do I want to see the band?...Anywhere? I don't think I wouldn't go to a concert because I didn't like the area. If Eisley was playing and it was within reason for me to attend, I would show up. I don't think anyone who is interested in Eisley would say no to a concert because the venue wasn't up to snuff. Unless it was some crazy hardcore metal vampire venue.

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

My expectations are that they keep making music. They obviously love what they do, and that's about all I can hope that they continue doing. And I love hearing it, so it seems like a win-win.

I don't think anyone's job is ever "done" on Earth. The band can go anywhere they want; they'll always have fans.

I like Eisley because of their music and their genuine appeal. If they wanted to get tattoos of satan and get diamond-studded septum rings, more power to them as long as they want it for themselves and not for how people would see them.

I want Eisley to branch out a little bit more. Well, regardless of what they do, I'm sure I'm going to love their 3rd album, but a more experimental album would kind of rock. As for packaging, I want a big giant box with hand-made crafts from the DuPree household. Each box would be individually crafted and stuffed with goodies by hand. Oh, and it has millions of dollars in it too.

I don't really know the economics of touring versus recording/staying at home. I think Eisley fans will go out to see them in concert whenever they're in town, so I dunno. As for where, I can only tell you that I would love to see them in Florida very many times, because I don't have too much free time anymore to travel Razz

Smaller venues always give a nicer vibe than larger ones. The acoustic tour was incredible; it felt very relaxed. Razzle-dazzle performances are neato as well, so I guess just have a variety.

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

I think Combinations was a pretty nicely-length'd tour. Opening for big acts might get them a little more exposure, but it was certainly nice to see them headlining. If they just opened, honestly I would probably go to see them, then leave. I'm not too interested in seeing many bands live.

The acoustic was awesome. It's a totally different experience than seeing them normally, and it was really refreshing. Touring completely acoustically might be a little inefficient(? might be the correct word), but I certainly loved it.

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

Part A) I don't really see Eisley fitting on MTV. I'm pretty disillusioned with the current trend of popular/MTV music these days; it's all pretty bland and each song blends with one another. Originality is kind of at an all time low, and for whatever reason the general public just eats it up. I don't know much about labels (okay, I don't know anything about labels), so that part of the question is more suited for yourself than myself.

Part B) I'm an 18 year old pre-med college student. I feel really weird describing myself because I come off like a huge nerd. I've never had alcohol nor tried drugs, though in the back of my head I kind of picture a lot of Eisley fans like that as well. Parties and clubs aren't really my thing. Probably typical of most people on here. Outside of this forum, however, I don't think any particular stereotype is more likely to listen to Eisley than another. One of my friends is a martial arts instructor, another is a deadbeat stoner.

I'm 18, soon to be 19. I've gotten pretty much all of my close friends into Eisley, as well as my sister (who is currently 20), and they're all very different people with different interests and ideals, so no stereotypes there. I've never showed Eisley to my parents (though I'm sure they heard it while I was filming those videos, blasting the music in the house so I could lip sync to it).

Other than Eisley, I listen to a lot of everything. The last playlist I made to run with on my iPod had.. Hail Social, David Bowie, Billy Joel, Say Anything, Wang Chung, Duran Duran, Imogen Heap, Michael Jackson, and Tom Jones. But I listen to many many things, with the exception of country music and post-2000 rap (two genres I could never really get in to). I discover new bands usually on the internet, or by word of mouth from a friend, never usually on itunes/facebook.

A band I think Eisley shouldn't tour with? ..Hmm.. probably should avoid Michael Jackson...

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

I don't know. I check eisley.com occasionally, never really anywhere else. Sooo I'm going to skip this question.

I don't ever recall seeing anything promotional from WB, ever. So yeah.. I'd re-evaluate your relationship with them. Eisley isn't bigger because I doubt they appeal to that wide of an audience. Sure if Eisley made a single in a club with strippers and a catchy chorus talking about hos, grills and spinners, they would probably hit it big. I guess that'd be their call though.

I think this question is a little too specific to get a good consensus. Personally, money isn't a factor when it comes to smaller purchases like music and concerts. I'm sure the economy will hurt many Eisley fans, just as it will hurt non-Eisley fans. Music isn't a necessary good, so yeah, you'll probably take some hits financially. Ideas for survival? Hum... I dunno. Turn off the heater and snuggle together in a blanket when it gets cold. Or move to Florida. It's pretty hot here all the time.

You're missing everything in merch. I would love to buy some Eisley swag, I just don't see it. If it's out there, it's not promoted enough. I have t-shirts, but only because they were at the concerts. Online stores would be awesome. And as to what you should sell... Probably like, snippets of your hair that people could keep away in plastic bags to satisfy their weird fetishes. I don't know if I would go as far as to put a bumper sticker on my car (I don't really want to get beat up) but I would probably buy one and stick it on my computer.

I don't really watch them. Film something insane, like a cannibal invasion, and I'd probably tune in. Or just title them something absurd and you'll probably spike my interest.
Caley
Lost at Forum

I'd hope the next album would be out by early to mid-spring, so then a nice, big fat tour would start up around the same time that really pimps the album. Then relatively soon thereafter, another tour -- that is, if it's possible. Basically, touring would be awesome. ACL would be fun for the fall or the Fun, Fun, Fun Festival (Austin festivals 'cause I'm greedy).

I say go a course that's steady. I mean, there's no rush in reaching the pinnacle of success. Maybe, for the band, they should ask themselves where they want to be in five years' time. Of course, a fan would be like, I want to see them touring and making music... So yeah.

I hope they keep making music and touring. Success is so hard to define because it's subjective. Maybe go through a few festivals a year to get your name out there, even if you're not playing to your hardcore base, you're still getting out there, if you don't want to tour a lot.

I like Eisley because they're relatable, their music is different yet still beautiful and addictive, they're not jerk-offs... Basically, I love this band so much because they're just themselves. Plus, they're great people to look up to and root on.

I've always like songs liked their Old Works best. Maybe it's because it's less polished, maybe because there's more grit or something. I don't know. But, at the same time, songs like Combinations or If You're Wondering give me chills. Never make a song specifically for the radio. Make a song that you'll want to play 50 shows in a row and maybe be able to not want to play by muscle memory or whatever it's called. I trust Eisley in writing, I really do. I think they're brilliant, so really -- they can do whatever they want when it comes to writing music.

I'm such a fan of tours. It's essential for both the fans and the band. Combinations did not get the touring it needed, in my opinion. I mean, the acoustic tour was awesome! I thought y'all started out on the right track with getting out there. Then Mute Math was a blur and I don't think many people on here went to the Fray tour... So yeah... And then this last tour was great, but I think it was too little, too late to really get Combinations out there and in the masses. But I think by that time you all knew that, which was the reason y'all were like, "The last tour for Combinations." I think y'all should focus on markets that have received you guys with open arms and always have a great turnout. Arizona is not one of those places. Maybe even venture into Canada more often because Canadians are starting to have a music revolution -- so many great bands are coming from there. So maybe, just get your name in that market and maybe something great will happen. Plus, I always see the Canadian fans on the board bummed when y'all can't head that far north.

I'm a fan of some lighting but not crazy extra stuff, like no strobes, no smoke. I think Eisley is a simple band that's pretty straightforward -- they don't need that glitzy stuff! Their talent should be what catches the audience's eye! I mean, I remember seeing them for the first time in Gypsy Tea room, and I could not care less about anything but what they were playing and how they were soooo good. LOL. So yeah, just present something that seems professional, but doesn't overdo it because everyone in the room/venue/club should be happily immersed in their talent.

Too little, in my opinion... Or it was just too spaced out or they toured as support too often? I don't want to make it seem like they shouldn't support, they should. But if you want to promote an album and you want people to know your name, you kind of have to be the main act. I mean, I sometimes forget who the openers are. Maybe that's because they're not that great, or they don't impact me, or because they're just not my style. I mean, if you're touring with the Fray (just an example), most of the people there are radio listeners or MTV/VH1 viewers. That is not Eisley's target audience. Eisley's audience is indie/pop student listeners. Even though it's a great opportunity to tour under such a famous act, how many fans will come from those shows? Maybe get Eisley's people at WB to start a dialogue up with other bands' people who are a little more well known as well as more within their genre to break the ice over possible tours, even if it means a not as broadcasted kind of tour like the Fray's tour.

I'll see Eisley anytime they go out. They're a guaranteed good show.

The acoustic tour was awesome! It was so cool to hear songs more stripped down, and it was great to be in a smaller venue. I mean, if I'm not mistaken, the acoustic tour was kind of a success... In-stores never hurt! We're greedy people -- we'll always want more, especially if it's more intimate and organic.

Well, let's just say out of all the years on WB has Eisley ever been on the shortlist of acts that WB pays the most attention? Also, if Eisley were to move, it's always to do it sooner than later. Don't stay where you come up 20th and back on the list of importance.

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

I fell in love with Eisley's music when I was a sophomore in high school. It's because of them that I'm now a music nerd and music obsessed now (I'm a college freshman studying English at UT). So I guess I'd be apart of the elitist group... kind of. But I'm not that elitist... only with friends; I like to tease them. I do wear skinny jeans, but usually just top it off with dirty vans and a band tee. I'm not that complicated. I know good music when I hear it and I'll go see the bands that I like because that's where bands become real -- not just songs in your iTunes library. You can see how they interact and if they're able to talk to the audience. I don't know. I just think it's fun to respect the bands because of the amazing show they put on.

18. I'd say four friends listen and care about Eisley. My sister is finally starting to get into them, mainly because of Combinations. My parents think their music is good, it's just not their style. I'm an influencer, I think. But I think many people who love music are willing to listen to other acts just to try 'em out.

I listen to Margot & the Nuclear So So's, Mates of State, Ra Ra Riot, Tegan and Sara, Midlake, Broken Social Scene, Wintersleep... I don't normally listen to bands who just burst out on to the scene right away, like Vampire Weekend. I'm just afraid of them for some reason. Maybe it's because they didn't have a regular process to go through before they soared to the mainstream. I discover bands from people who like the same kind of music I like, online if they're pimped by someone I can vouch for/respect. Also, it depends on how important the band is to me to buy a hard copy or not. I buy Eisley's CDs in stores because it's physical proof and something that can't just be deleted, unless I was really trying to erase it (which would be really stupid).

I hope Eisley doesn't tour with any indie bands of the moment.

Myspace wouldn't hurt... I don't think. I know Mates of State was pimped for a while on Absolutepunk.net before Re-Arranger was released.

No. WB has not done a lot of things for the band they should have. The street team is basically non-existent. I don't know why Eisley isn't bigger... it could be because the WB doesn't really help past the first three months of a release.

Heck yes I'll come see Eisley! I'll probably see them in Dallas and Austin, which will make me hella broke, but it'll be worth it. Well, I'm not a big spender, so the economy isn't really hurting me right now. But I will not buy tickets more than $20 because the shipping and all the other fees usually bump the total up. I don't know if the band will suffer because of the economy -- they may, they may not.

The past few tours have had a greater variety of colors, so that basically is awesome (I seriously have a lot of black and green shirts, and I'm wayyy over them). So please keep that up! I usually buy at merch tables, but I think it's a good thing to have an online store set up for people who wish they bought another shirt or for people who can't make it to a show to get a shirt.

Retail stores -- you might make more money that way...

I'm greedy, so really anything!

Thanks for asking for our input!

Last edited by Caley on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:16 am; edited 3 times in total
wakingforHim
Sea Post King

1 im just receintly getting into festivals but i definitly like them! to see eisley at any would be so fun! i wouldnt really sugest warped tour.. i dont want to think about the duprees being in such dirty places, does that make sense? but other indie fest's would be cool! i definitly want some vinyl, so if you can make it happen, thatd be great. and another thing, i dont ever go to shows in big places, so im liking the smaller venues. like the great american music hall in sf.

expectations? how about some more quality time with the band. hang out time, i mean if your all up for it and you have the time to spare. at shows i mean. its cool to meet and talk to all of you. umm, definitly more blogging. i love reading your guy's posts. lets me know whats going on. eisley is the only band, other than Anberlin, i really keep up with newswise. and boyd? your so nice to us, filling us in on whats going on. really we appreciate it! we cant help but love the band THIS much.

AND i want to see christie on tour with eisley again. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

hmmm, it seems like more people should know about eisley, although mysteriously, they dont. i dont know how such an amazing group can be so unheard of...

wow, thats a lot just said there. the reason why i like eisley (winning speech) is because the whole band makes amazing music, and you know they care about the sounds they make...but on stage are kinda akward in a super cool way. but not akward in an insecure way. more of a, this is who we are like it or not kinda way. thats what i get from eisley. and they dont care about hitting the mark for people's standards. they are who they are. thats so inspiring to see, cuz media and everything else says what sexy is. and what hot is. but eisley likes what they like and wont change for no one. there.

well, the more eisley you give us, the more we will want. so if your putting a package together for the preorder of the record, im willing to pay probably up to 40$ if it includes like tons of merchandise. and we all love sherri's artwork so slap a pic on like a mug or something and itl sell. music wise though- i think i liked more songs on keys. id like to hear a song on an old style piano, just something raw like that. and i thought combinations could have handled maybe 2 more songs. AND can we hear more harmonies? i mean i know you guys do a ton of them, but really, theyr so pretty.

um, if you waited a month like before it might give non-devoted eisley fans a chance to pic up the album and check them out. for me, i would love to see em asap but im thinking of you guys.
a winter tour would probably be too soon, but i dont want to have to wait till spring. it kinda depends on the cd release date. but i want to see tv appearences. and lots of them!

i went to one of their shows and they had like over an hour on the stage. i loved it cuz they had time to talk to the crowd. i like it A LOT when eisley talks to us. they say such nice/funny/sweet things to us. ALSO! i liked it better when the ladies of eisley wore cute summer dresses instead of collored button downs and pants. (but i still like them just as much)
but definitly love smaller shows...light shows are a plus. fog machines i think are out...

from what i remember the combos tour was kinda short? you should take more time out on the road with space in between to check out the sites. spend an extra day in the big cities....have the fans be on the look out for the band...
and no, eisley would probably be my favorate band currently. i say currently but they really have been for a couple years now. seeing as how they cant make a song i dont like. so i would go to as many shows as i could...if they were in my area. how about a headlining tour first and then tour with a bigger band after, yea?

acoustic is OK. id go but i dont really understand the hype.

A. id love to see e on mtv. itd be refreshing. and if your talking labels? i think youv got a good deal running, big company but still indie.

B. im a christian female who likes photography. college age but not currently in college. library-loving, just-moved-out-of-my-parents-house kinda person. i like indie, the occasional folk or pop rock/screamo. but mostly, i like lyrics that arent superficial. they have to be passionate about something otherwise duh its crap music. or spiritual.. questioning life in some way; finding the beauty.

22 yrs. most my friends dont understand how much music means. i mean come on! depending on the situation.. im usually the influencer. im strong in what i like.

listening to bands like the myriad, the wedding, wavorly, copeland, anberlin, sufjan stevens... i go towards bands that are smaller because they tend to sound better.
i watch fuse shows like stevens untitled rock show or hit list...or gospel music channel shows. ONLY music vids though. to see whos new out there. also i search on myspace music, whos on whos top 8. or on itunes..people who bought this album also bought... that sort of thing.
i buy cds in store only.
i dont want eisley to tour with..... uhh... my chem romance?

i dont really look anywhere else but eisley.com or myspace. if you told us another place, im sure wede look.

does eisley have a street team? i wasnt aware!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!1

what the..

i dont think anyone who would take this much time to fill out these questions for you would by this time say no, i wouldnt go see eisley in 2009. seriously, this took me like over an hour. and it just wont end! i think eisley fans are going to have to decide if they like you enough to buy the new record. but people do that with everything. i mean with the whole economy thing. survival? post a new song asap. give em a taste. er..give US a taste!

dont go to retale stores, i just dont think you should. uhh.. sell anything you can, like i said. but really does it have to be so expensive? merch can tend to be high priced. can you have a sale of some sort? i bet selling sherri's artwork at the shows would be hot!

give us some new music. and can you make the vids longer? we want more of eisley, can you give em to us?

k, thanks...im dead tired. night.
Girlylikepixieflamethrow
Golly, Poster

- new record (obviously), online merch store up & running, Sherri's art for sale online, I want to see the band in Wichita, KS! Smile

- just keep growing artistically/creatively/musically, don't be afraid to try new things, etc. (I know this is a pretty evasive answer but my brain is tired

- Eisley is nowhere near done, I hope. It's my sincere hope/wish/dream that Eisley will stay around and continue to make amazing music for the next 20+ years!

- I like Eisley because the band is made up of real people who don't have big egos and are nice and actually care about others. The non rockstar attitude is definitely a PLUS. The day Eisley starts copying what's out there now would be sad day (for me anyway).

- I liked the bonus DVD that came with the Combinations CD... I don't think Eisley has as much to prove with the 3rd record as they did with the sophomore... I could be wrong? but that just seems how those things work. I think Eisley's established/rooted itself in the hearts of indie-fresh fans and corporateheads alike.

- A little retreat, aka R&R, is good from time to time. I think ya'll have earned it. I would love for the band to start touring again soon, but I'm not getting huffy about it... I'm mostly just excited Recording is happening at the timebeing Very Happy

- I think the less production the better... it would be ideal for me to see Eisley in a smaller show setting... but the "big shows" can be fun too. I have never been bored at an Eisley show.

- I prefer to see Eisley when they're headlining their own show - that's just me. I don't really care about the "main band" unless it's Eisley. I liked when Eisley toured with all those bands in Spring '06 - that was fun.

- I wanted to go to one of the acoustic shows and screwed up the planning, had to kick myself in the shins. As I said above, I would prefer to see Eisley in a smaller venue... "intimate" show.

and

- I am a married 22 year old homechicken, my husband and I work for the postal service. I have ever loved Eisley since 2004... read about them first in maybe Texas Monthly and thought "hmm... homeschooled like me?" Tetris addict, sometimes smoker (cigs, not the other stuff), avid booklover, pumpkinspice latte please thankyou, internet junkie, Tegan & Sara idolizer, etc. etc.

I'm 22. I have converted as many people (friends, family, and mere acquaintances) as possible. I spread those old Room Noises stickers all over my old college... a happy moment was seeing one of those stickers on someone's truck in town. I've been stopped by grocery workers on the way back into my car - they were ogling my sticker and saying "Noo wayyy"...

- Currently in rotation: Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue, Leona Naess - Thirteens, Flight of the Conchords - pretty much a staple at this point, and the Life Aquatic soundtrack (is there life on mars?)

- I never look at Last FM... mainly because I don't know how to use it and pretty much stick by Myspace.

Your response goes here

- I hope to see Eisley in '09.

- T-shirts & hoodies, oh my! I need a new Eisley hoodie replacement as I outgrew/outwore my old one.

- lots of Eisley happiness and a few Starbucks cups sitting around.

Last edited by Girlylikepixieflamethrow on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:49 am; edited 2 times in total
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I tried to go through each question and answer them individually at least four times, but gave up because ever answer was starting to sound the same.

Let the band do what they do. As far as the songs they make or the design of the album art, I think if we have to much say it'll become a joke. I know you won't take what we say and then follow it as law, but I can see where our voice might be helpful and this is why I (as well as the community of eisley fans) are so supportive. You ask for our view on things instead of taking risks and, fingers crossed, we like it.

Interaction is always great when it comes to design (cases in point, In Rainbows or even something like Mates of States' Team Boo). With the art, anyway you can make the fans feel like they are in control is a good way to sell.

As far as tour mates, WB has been signing some great singers/bands to their line-up. Rachael Yamagata (Sherri and Stacy could belt out one of them Cassadega tracks together), Tegan and Sara, Jenny Lewis, etc. And as it's been said in the "tour with" thread multiple times, I think Mates of State would be a great combination. They've been in this business for a while without huge success. I think as far as people to look up to and learn from, Kori and Jason would be great people for the band to talk to and interact with. Both bands are making great music and have a vision of their own. Mates of State have taken their lives from "rock stars" to okay, now we have kids and a separate life away from the music, how do we combine them together.

For a while I've heard you talk about how WB is going to/doesn't know how to "brand' Eisley. As an outsider, who doesn't even get the slightest idea of how the business side of music-as-art works, anytime I see an ad "branding" a band as the next indie/alt band of the year I'm turned off before I finish reading the sentence. I wish/hope there is a way for the band to showcase their music for audiences without having to fit under an umbrellaed title, but I guess that's just how things are. I think the original slogan for Eisley, a special kind of music..., worked perfect. It wasn't branding or classifying. It was exactly what it said. It worked. I read through the press section of LC the other day and was blown away by how "to the script" the writers were to the press kit they were sent, but then again, I guess just sending a cd and seeing how the journalist would rate the album without any background is thinking outside box too much for the majors...whoa...okay...this is more of a rant on the business than anything the band can affect, but it's just an observation and so I think I'll stop here...

That's my two cents. Good luck for the rest of this year and with everything that's in the works.
jac
Sea Post King

Definetly want to see them in Boston. Literally in Boston. If you come to MA it's hard for fans to get to Worcester and that's where most bands have been playing their MA shows.

Two headlining tours would be optimal. Smile

More amazing albums and tours!

Love the music and their down to earth attitudes.

I would be happy with whatever they choose to put out with record 3. I've loved everything so far and trust I'll love record 3 just as much as everything else. But definitely jewel case.

New music at shows is kind of hard. Not really something I personally enjoy at shows. Get out there whenever you can though.

Smaller shows are ALWAYS best! I like the shows they way they are now. No need for smoke.

Stick to headlining.

Acoustic touring is great but I think if fans are unable to see the band more than once they will choose to see them play a "regular" show over acoustic.

and

Eisley has a very diverse fan base. I like Eisley where they are now. I'm a college student studying English and education. I spend most of my free time at the book store and Starbucks.

I'm 19. A few of my friends listen to Eisley.

I'm into Of Montreal, the Shins, Mgmt. Oh and Bayside. I get new music from friends and online sometimes. I'll buy the record I hate getting stuff from iTunes/digitally.

My pocket book it minimal but Eisley has meant so much to me that I'll support them no matter the cost. I'll buy the new stuff and I'll see them as many times as they come near enough for me to see them.

Stickers!!! And prints of Sherri's art! Online.

anything!
Lynn
Golly, Poster

I want to see the band in Bulgaria, just because I live here and I don't get the chance to travel. Aside from my a little egoistic wish to see them in my own country, I think they really should tour a little more in Europe.

I love them just the way they are. Things like sharing their home photographs, favorite books or artists, and their thoughts about different topics make me very very happy. I love the way the band stays close to their fans.

I would probably like any Eisley song, but what would make an album even more amazing is some difference in the form and length songs. As DRMS_7888 said

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Plus, Eisley songs that don't fit perfectly into verse chorus verse = win

All "Combinations" songs are pretty much following the verse chorus verse format and last around 3-4 minutes. I love that album, but I think I would like even more an album with more diversity between songs.
Big fat record sounds awesome, but I don't really have any expectations about that... I mean, number of songs or length shouldn't really matter if an album feels complete.
I think that if Eisley just continue making their music the way they do it, they won't disappoint me.

I prefer hearing the new music after I buy the album. Hearing songs before that feels like a spoiler or something. Though I know that if some new song is posted I won't hesitate too much before I listen to it. Watching songs grow over time is awesome too.
I don't think being off the road will hurt Eisley, especially when they are working on a new release.

From all the videos I've seen and posts about shows I've read, Eisley doesn't need all that stuff like smoke and "dazzling additives" to make an amazing show. The music and the performance is what matters.

It's great to hear acoustic performance of a favorite song, and acoustic touring is definitely not pointless.

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

From what I've seen Eisley fans are more... artistic people. All people are artistic in a way, of course, but like 3/4 of the Laughing City forum plays an instrument, more than half of them do it really well or play more than one instrument, and many many people here are really good at drawing, painting, or photography.
I myself love to draw and paint (Very very much), and I try to teach myself to play the guitar and piano (and I think I'm doing pretty well, if we take into account the fact that I don't have much time or resources (like DVDs with lessons or friends who can teach me)). I also love to write from time to time. I'm kind of good at math, because I've been in a math school in 5th, 6th and 7th grade and I am still and participating in some math competitions (I'm 10th grade now). I am good at programming, but both of my parents are programmers, so that's not a big surprise. Actually I'm not really pro at anything but I'm doing fairly well in school with like 12-15 subjects. I don't really want to choose one area of study over the others. I love art, math, physics, music, literature, languages (especially the ones that no one uses anymore (I want to learn Old English right now); I'm studying English, German (I have been studying it for 9 years and right now all I'm doing is forgetting it, which isn't all that nice) and French, my first language is Bulgarian)... But I kind of secretly hope to be and artist someday. Maybe I love art the most after all.
I love reading. I'm not very social, but I am really doing my best to keep the friends I have. I love old black and white photographs, chocolate, tea, soft colors, plush toys...
I generally have very... mild opinions. I sort of don't like extremes.
I love brackets (in case you haven't noticed that already), long sentences, and I have the habit of using words that make it seem that I almost doubt what I'm saying, which becomes very inconvenient when I'm writing a persuasive essay for school.
All in all, I'm not good at describing myself. Not at all.

I'm 15, almost 16. I heard of Eisley through some friends on the internet... But really not many of my friends have heard of them. I'm doing my best to "convert" my closest friends to Eisley fans. My bigger sister likes Eisley, but doesn't really listen to them very much. She's a Fleetwood Mac fan.

I listen to The Beatles, Electric Light Orchestra, Queen, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, Andrew Lloyd Webber, and many many more... the newer bands I listen to (aside from Eisley) are Travis (not really new, but I refer to every CD that I haven't inherited form my parents as a new one.. and they are still playing after all), Coldplay, Radiohead, Rilo Kiley, The Fray... I also like Regina Spektor and Sufjan Stevens.
I discover new bands through friends, Last.FM or sometimes myspace, though I don't really have one.
I prefer buying a physical record.

I love hoodies, shirts, bags, stickers...
On-line merch selling would be really nice, especially if you could order it from Europe.
justcallmejoe247
Sea Post King

I would really like to see Eisley do "Bonnaroo" in Manchester, TN. It's one of the biggest festivals of the touring year for many bands, and the recognition from that festival speaks volumes.

Above all--the harmonies, and the fact that their songs have an actual melody.

"Come Clean"/"Go Away"/and "Ten Cent Blues" were probably my favorites from the "Combinations" set. I know they list the Beatles as an influence...A nice ballad--on piano with Sherri/Chauntell and Stacy doing three piece, sort of like "Because" from Abbey Road.

Doing Conan was great, I would push for Leno of course not to mention Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel. Carson Daily is good at exposing groups as well. Lots and lots of print interviews (on-line of course--since no one buys hard copies any more). Skip Rolling Stone -- they haven't been relavent since 1984

No!! WB did a so so job in marketing the album. The rack jobbers did a lousy job in getting the album displayed--especially at Wal-Mart. Some of the independent stores that specialize in indie's or other "non-mainstream" groups did a far better job--especially those in college towns.
Angolwen
Sea Post King

You said we should dream? Alright. I wish for a German tour... at least one gig in Frankfurt, please. I guess it's not very likely though Sad

Conquer Europe. Simple as that. I mean who wouldn't love their music? All they had to do was come here and tour a little. No, I'm not selfish Wink

Well, when I fell in love with them all I knew was their music. But obviously the people behind that music couldn't be that bad. And from what I've learnt about them they really seem to be adorable, down-to-earth and close to their fans. That's why I joined this community. They should of course stay true to themselves and not try to emulate anyone. That's never a good idea... unless your an actor Wink

They should do what they want to do. That's most important. They should have fun writing and recording the songs. If they do so, they can't really go wrong with it. I think it's alway a good thing to keep evolving, try out new things, new styles, to avoid repeating yourself and keep things interesting, but it has to be a natural process, genuine, if you know what I mean...
Digi-packs are nice but that's not overly important to me. I like to have the lyrics printed in the booklet and some nice artwork and pictures.

I don't think they need a big production, though some nifty lighting can add a lot to the atmosphere. I'm thinking of some Coldplay gigs I've been to here. But it's not really necessary.

They shouldn't wear themselves out by touring too much. That's all I can say.

Well, I'd definitely go to an acoustic show. Don't know if that helps their career though.

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (...)

The industry: I don't really care about labels such as major, indie, geekcore or something. They don't make a record sound differently. The band should do whatever they need to do to be able to make the music they want to make.

The who: Hmm... let's see. If you haven't guessed it yet, I'm German (that's not meant to be a stereotype though Wink), about to start studying psychology tomorrow (after 7 frustrating years as a clerk in public service), I'm a dreamer, an idealist, video and role playing gamer, in school I was the shy one, but that's improved Wink I love good books and movies (mostly fantasy, sci-fi, heart-warming stuff) and obviously music.

I'm 29. So far I've only been able to convert my mom. She's great and pratically loves everything I love too. My friends don't know the band yet, but I'm working on that...

I don't care if a band is big or small. There's only music I like and music I don't like. I often find myself browsing through the related artists sections at last.fm. That's my main source for new music. Bands I've discovered recently include Stars, Metric, Tilly and the Wall, Tegan and Sara and Blood Red Shoes. I'm old-fashioned and want to own something physical, so I buy the records, even though some of them are hard to get in Germany.

Other than last.fm (see above) and MySpace there are no key places on the web I can think of. But I'm not a child of web 2.0 Wink

If they come anywhere near my home town I will go see them.

Well, I mostly only buy clothing, maybe a tea cup. An online store is enough for me.

People having a good time making a great record Very Happy
lilbirdie1023
Sea Post King

Well, I don't even know what kind of good festivals there are in Maryland...or Utah that matter since I'm moving there next year for college. But I do always come out for the tours. I'm hoping for an excellent tour whenever it happens! Wheather it may a Winter or Spring tour.

Hmm, my dream for them is simple. I want more people to know about them!

Hmm, I see them making music for quite some time. And always enjoying doing so.

Definitely the first. All of that, plus they're just so fresh.

I think it'll be a really great album. I'm really excited. I don't know, Combinations was brillant imo. Indie record, I guess. I lovelove all these indie. Packaging? I don't know, I like the big ole stuff you can preorder that comes with a poster, special picture, dvd, something like that.

Ha, well I'd like to see them get out early! I like when bands introduce new stuff on tour, before the cd came out. Maybe if you guys tour before the album is out, introduce us with a couple of songs. I'd love to see them Winter! Hah, but early Spring, or late Spring, whenever is fine with me, ha.

I love the same old indie Eisley Smile The last tour was amazing I thought. Very well done. Great lighting, but nothing overboard.

I think they toured it just enough. I love them headlining the most. And hmm, I could see them basically any time they come here. I'm very flexible since I'm homeschooled, so it works out Smile

I think the acoustic idea was a very good one. I really liked to see that, not many other bands do that and it's just really fresh and exciting to see stuff acoustic for me.

and

You know, I don't know about the first question. I think that would really all depend on how Eisley wanted to do things. And haha, let's see. I get along with pretty much anyone. Super easy going, homeschooled, goes to shows a lot. I love music, my sisters and I (along with my friend every once and a while) make up random junk. I guess I'm a huge music dork who can play a few things. Eh, I guess I'm just a big dork in general, ha.

I'm 17. I have a couple of friends like listen to Eisley. But some of my friends like the Top 100 stuff and there is no use talking any sense in to them. My siblings love Eisley! I actually went with my siblings to the last tour, my two sisters, and brother and I went and had a blast. My mom really likes them, she'll sing along to a few of their songs in the car, haha. And I don't think my dad has ever listened to them, but I don't think he'd mind it.

I listen to a lot of different stuff. My true love is Classic Rock. My favorites are Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, The Beatles, and Elvis Costello. But I'm also a big fan of The Academy Is...(they're probably my favorite band besides Eisley), Death Cab For Cutie, Jack's Mannequin, Jonas Brothers (yes, they'll always have a special place in my heart. I've loved them for years, I don't think I could ever turn back, ha.). Stuff like that. But I also listen to a lot of the pop-punk bands for fun, and stuff like Smashing Pumpkins and The Cure. Radiohead, Copeland, the list goes on. I don't listen to bands because they're "blowing up" and sometimes that shys me away from them. I discover stuff from the internet. Mostly livejournal, last.fm and myspace. Facebook now too. With my favorite bands, I like the record. Other then that, I'll just buy it on itunes. Hmm, not tour with...I guess like the punk-ish bands, I suppose. I love NFG, just not a fan of being in the crowd at one of their shows. But, I like having different stuff at shows. I mean, I don't mind the bands being in the same genre, but mixing it up is cool.

Last.fm is great. I definitely "discover" a lot of bands from there. Hmm, like someone side above, I really think the Stickam idea is a great one. I love when bands get on there.

Ha, from what I can see, I don't think they did all that great of a job. And as for making them bigger, I don't know. I think just keep doing what they're doing. Sometimes it takes a few albums and a heck of a lot of touring to get bigger.

I will definitely see them in 2009. And I will definitely get the music as well. Oh I don't know about survival. There is so much downloading going on nowadays, concerts and merch are a big way to survival. I don't know, I'm horrible at thinking stuff up for this, haha.

I don't really see anything missing in merch. I love all the shirts, and the hoodies. I'm a BIG fan of hoodies. Merch table at shows are the best imo, but I definitely buy a lot of stuff online too.

All of it's great!
MichaelMakeArt
Sea Post King

[color=darkblue]I would like to hear the new album, but if the album isn't ready (because I would rather hear an AMAZING album that Eisley really worked with, rather than a rushed release just because we are anxious), then just exactly what you guys are doing now -- posting on the journals, talking with us, being Facebookers, and being this available. It's really appreciated. I would like to see you guys come to Baltimore, Maryland and Cincinnati, Ohio! But not Sonar, ever again! That was a really bad venue sound wise. Maybe trying to get a spot on the Virgin Festival in Baltimore? It's a really good show, and it's big with the indie kids/MICA students. I think we've all made it clear that a ticket with Midlake would be fantastic. I also really like the Annuals, and the direction that they are headed in. A joint ticket with them would be lovely too.

P.S. I would really love re-recorded versions of the changed songs from the latest tour. Especially I Could Be There For You. It was flawless...

[color=darkblue]I really appreciate all the work that Eisley does in consideration of their fans. But I expect Eisley to keep being this available, keep being this kind and communicate with us. It's one of the reasons why Eisley's music means so much, because it IS a special kind of music for us. I also expect Eisley to voice their opinions when we ask too much of them!

[color=darkblue]Heck naw, their job on Earth isn't done yet. God's got too much left on their plate that they need to finish before bed time! Eisley's music is still what a lot of people look forward to hearing, anticipating a release. Eisley means a lot to a lot of people, and there are still a lot of people who need to hear Eisley. Musically, Eisley still has room to flourish. Eisley is amazing, no doubt, but bigger feats can be accomplished. Bigger sound (or smaller sound), different stylistic approaches, new songs, different concepts, etc. But these new growths should not be contrived, they should only be what Eisley wants. I would hate to ask for anything that would compromise what makes Eisley so amazing.[/color]

[color=darkblue]Please do NOT emulate or absorb any of the same life styles, lives, habits, or sounds of the other "pop-rock" bands out there. I love Eisley because of the personal connection I feel with the subject matter of the lyrics, the beautiful, melody-originated songs written by the girls, the great rhythms provided by the guys. If there are any musicians Eisley should emulate more, it should be the well respected ones that they already look up too. Fleetwood Mac, Joni Mitchell, Björk, Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, etc. (I added Sufjan in there because I think he is AMAZING. Eisley and banjo's would be a dream come true). Everything Eisley provides at this moment is beautiful. You guys just need the help to let people know about your music so that they can see these amazing qualities too![/color]

[color=darkblue]It definitely goes without saying that Combinations was a beautiful record, but it was very polished. I didn't mind it because it was so beautiful. And it's a cliché of indie to create a lo-fi, or raw sounding record. I wouldn't like that either. But there is something about Eisley's live sound, a magical intimacy, that the music loses when it becomes super-glossed. I like hearing the nuance of guitar pluckin', natural noises, and working with creating an atmosphere. I think Grizzly Bear died this really well with their Yellow House album. Lyrically, my dream is what Eisley already does. Poetic, beautiful lyrics with strong emotional foundations. I think I Could Be There For You worked in this manner, and it is my favorite song Eisley has ever released. I'd like to hear more material like ICBT4Y. The same kind of indie record, with maybe quieter songs or songs with the same amount of rock as Many Funerals. And Combinations was so short! More songs plz. But Eisley should make the decisions they feel best suit the natural directions that they are headed in. There are a lot of variables to Eisley's sound that determine it that we probably don't see.[/color]

[color=darkblue]The rest/delay/pause is very healthy, and I think Eisley needs it to take an emotional and creative break. They can absorb new inspirations during rests, and actually build up sources of emotions that they can pull from. And also, the break means new music. I would like to see another acoustic Eisley tour, as there wasn't a venue near me and the acoustic tour would be good for fans and it would bring in a new crowd. I would like to see Eisley in the Spring or Summer. But this all depends on the record! New music from the album might be good, but don't over do it! Tease us with maybe one or two new ones. Maybe even ones that won't make it to the record, but to an EP like Marsh King and Actors.
[/color]

[color=darkblue]I like EXACTLY what Eisley does at their shows, but I think it depends on the music being made too. I think lo-fi Eisley would be cool to see too, like the Acoustic tour[/color]

[color=darkblue]I think it was necessary for Eisley to grow. Eisley made an album that really need to be heard live, like Björk's Volta. It was a great album, but it was missing what would be provided at live shows. And the numerous amount of shows helped provide Eisley with new and more fans, new markets, new venues, etc. I think supporting a big act is tricky, because your sound gets associated with them. You have to be REALLY careful. I like the headlining, because we get A LOT of songs from Eisley. I would see Eisley whenever they came near me. Dedication and support man. I hear the music and I give you guys money. I like that, because I feel like I really help when I buy the albums, merch, and pay for the shows. And I bring friends!
[/color]

[color=darkblue]MORE ACOUSTIC TOURING. I MEAN IT.
It is very important to Eisley's career that people see their organic, fluid versatility. And the acoustic work i
s so beautiful. [/color]

[color=darkblue]Eisley fits with the indie scene, definitely. But they are like Feist, Arcade Fire, Grizzly Bear. They are buzz worthy and deserve a lot of neato fans. An Indie label might be better, but I want everyone to hear your music (and I want you guys to eat food, and not die)! But you are definitely not an MTV band. Or a TV/Major Radio band in general. College or Indie radio is where Eisley belongs![/color]

[color=darkblue]
I'm a 20 year old illustrator who is going to the Maryland Institute College of Art in Baltimore, Maryland. Home, however, is in Cincinnati Ohio and the fields, forests, and country is where my heart is. I'm an artist, and the MICA community is definitely an indie loving community. My favorite artists are Eisley, Björk, Boards of Canada, Brand new, Blonde Redhead, Cat Power, Coldplay, Fleetwood Mac, Goldfrapp, Grizzly Bear, Joni Mitchell, Midlake, PJ Harvey, Radiohead, She & Him, and Sufjan Stevens. I'm definitely a very liberal-minded, politically concious person, with a flair for gender equality (feminism), queer rights and theory (pro gay marriage) and the questioning of authorities merit and thinking of new states of governance (anarchism). DISCLAIMER = I believe in the actual theories, not the pop culture opinions of them). I believe in God, however, and I do go to church and I love Christ. My relationship with God fits in to my life somehow, and I love it (even if it doesn't make sense to most people). I love my family, and my mother and sister are my best friends in the entire world. OH, I forgot how I dress. I look like an Ohio/American indie boy with a fashionable gentleman's twist. Think American Apparell meets Ralph La
uren. I love it.[/color]

[color=darkblue]I'm 20, and probably out of my five best friends, three listen to Eisley. Out of all my close or just plain ole' friends, maybe 10 percent of them listen to Eisley. My mom and sister love Eisley, and we listen to Eisley in the car, in the house, etc. We get closer through Eisley's music. I consider myself an influencer! I tell my friends who need to hear Eisley about Eisley and try and get these indie hipsters to fall in love with genuine lovely music. Sometimes they can't though. Too far deep in pessimism.
[/color]

[color=darkblue]Right now I'm listening to Eisley, Björk, Brand new, Blonde Redhead, Cat Power, Coldplay, Fleetwood Mac, Goldfrapp, Grizzly Bear, Joni Mitchell, Midlake, PJ Harvey, Radiohead, She & Him, and Sufjan Stevens. Especially Joni Mitchell though, I'm falling in love. But I find new music from my friends and family. Never the radio or TV, sometimes from websites like Pandora or Metacritic. I like music, bands, and albums that are respected and get good critical reviews. I purchase albums in person, because I'm a music quality junkie. If it's going on my Mac, it's gotta be at 320 kpbs. Eisley should never tour with people who don't write or compose their own songs. Eisley is too good for pop performer heathen! [/color]

[color=darkblue]Last.fm, Facebook and Pandora.com are where it's at. You guys do so well on the internet though! I don't really know what else you should do...
[/color]

[color=darkblue]I am disappointed that WB isn't doing more for Eisley. Eisley should have singles and music videos. Eisley needs help. But I'm not sure the decision not to push Eisley is to maintain "the indie on a major" appeal or if it's just a ploy to be lazy and not help Eisley grow. I think Eisley should get "bigger" without letting go of their integrity, to be simple and blunt. How? I'm not so sure I have the know-how to help with that.[/color]

[color=darkblue]I mean, I pay all of my college bill off myself (not even a cosigner for loans, beat that!) and I still find money in my pocket to purchase new music, go see shows, and support musicians. I think the new economy might hurt Eisley, so be careful. Don't put yourselves too far in debt with this record. I'm afraid to say try Radiohead approach and sell your albums by yourself and then sell the rights to selling to your label? If you can even do that? I don't know, I'm still trying to comprehend why money is so evil.
[/color]

[color=darkblue]More shirts with different approaches to their design! I love the Eisley logo with a Sherri drawing, but try somethin' else! Sell Eisley merch at shows, online, and then MAYBE at retail stores that target indie kids or music lovers.
[/color]

[color=darkblue]The same, lovable, goofy, loving Eisley we saw in the studio videos for Combinations. And with little teasers here and there![/color]