Laughing City
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

I am hoping to see Eisley in my home city. I live in Corpus Christi, Texas, They've played here twice that I know of...the first time I didn't know about them, and the second one I thought was canceled.I know the city is ugly, but please Smile I am also hoping for an online merch so I can buy Eisley merchandise without having to wait for a gig in my city. Oh and there is something called Bayfest that happens in my city every year, I never go, but if Eisley plays I will go in 2009

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

I love Eisley's newer music, but I really liked the style of their older music. Not necessarily the Moss Eisley stuff, but the Marvelous Things EP stuff. It is different and maybe some songs on a later album or even on this album would be cool. Other than that I really like Eisley and wouldn't like them to change at all.

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

I think Eisley has done great. Obviously they may get more recognition in the future, but I think they are fine. Maybe some more tours though...

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

I think the # 1 thing I like about Eisley besides their music is this website and their pictures. By that I mean I love the journals, the fact that y'all make post on the forum, and all the darned pics! It allows me to get to know the band and love it more. ANd about that "bad-A" thing, definitely no. I like Eisley's style and t

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

Like I said before I'd love to see more of their older style music, and some really indie songs. Maybe a few rockier songs would be cool. I want Eisley to continue on their own path away from the pop artists of today because that's what will set them apart. I'd hate for them to become a pop band with expected to make music that will be put on the radio and advertised. I mean a little bit is ok, just not on the pop music scale.

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

I think being on a major label is ok as long as they don't become a purely pop band like I said before. I also think it would be cool for Eisley to be on a more independent label. My only thing is that I want them to retain their unique style and lyrics.

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

I am very much extroverted. I love to talk and laugh and I am a bit hyper. But I am also shy, but not at all introverted. I am very emotional and even though I am fun and talkative, I can be very serious and also hot headed. I am very ADD sad to say, but I'm not stupid I know that. I think I could get a lot more done if I weren't so ADD. I don't know how to describe my style, it's just me. I love urbanoutfitters and freepeople as well as graphic tees. My goal right now is to get a pair of bell bottoms because I think they are cool. I love fantasty and I'm trying to learn how to draw and wish to someday learn to oil paint. I am planning on going to college, but don't know what I want to be exactly. I like ladytron, Eisley, Vashti Bunyan, Echo and The Bunnymen, Regina Spektor, Imogen Heap, The Fray, U2, Delerium, and others I can't think of. I like Scrubs, Avatar:The Last Airbender, The Mighty Bee, and CSI. I play guitar and violin do capoeira. That's a little bit about me. I like to talk about myself, not that I am self-centered, but I like to express myself.

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?
I am 15. I'm not sure if my friends listen to Eisley, but my sister likes some EIsley songs. My parents don't really listen to Eisley, but I have let them listen to a few songs, and they liked them.That last question made me think...I'd say I am mostly the influenced, though I like to think I have my own style.
Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)
I really don't like to listen to bands that are very popular as most of them sound the same. I discover new bands randomly on the internet, through radio sites such as last.fm, youtube, myspace, or just in the world randomly. I can't think of any bands I would really not want Eisley to tour with.

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?
I have a bit of money right now, and I can't decide whether to save for a new guitar or save fore Eisley concert and merch. I could probably get a new guitar for Christmas and I know my parents would but tickets for me, so I could use all of my money at the merch. I don't think Eisley has anything to fear. Tcikets don't cost that much.

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

I have seriously been dieing for an online Eisley merch. I would like to see bags, pins, and shirts at any merch. If on the new tour you guys ell a variety of at least 5 shirts, I will buy them all and wear one each day at school along with a bag and some pins on it if I go. I will get the money...Grr!

What do you want to see in my lo-fi studio videos this time around?

I think an interview would be cool-ade ( like cool beans *grins*..I know I'm a nerd) and maybe getting a lot of the personality of Sherri, Stacy, Weston, Chauntlle, and Garron. Besides that I want to hear some music, man!

OK I think somewhere on here is an unfinished answers and/or sentence, but I'm going to submit it and maybe come back later.
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Martin wrote:
ARGH! I've just lost all of my replies Sad
I might try again, if I can find the time.

I spent over an hour putting in my 2 cents worth last night and lost it all, as well! Crying or Very sad

Guess I'll try again later. 2 AM is not the time to try again... Wink

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

I don't have much to say. Y'all keep doing that EISLEY thing. But I will add my usual request:

Please come to Summerfest in Milwaukee. World's Largest Music Festival, or so they say. June 25 - July 5, 2009.

Smile

Oh, and a book of wise anecdotes by Boyd for around Christmas time would be cool, too.
juan
Lost at Forum

Give us your Eisley wish list for 2009. What are you hoping for? Where do you want to see the band? (literally) Talk to us about Festivals that are a must, events... scenes... shows, tours. I won't ask which bands you want them to tour with because we're following that thread but feel free to include short list so all info will be here.

I will write this down again incase you forgot - Moss-Lake!!!
(use font color to code this and simply toss in this color so
I'll have uniform color-analogous response: #c9d577

What are your expectations for Eisley? Where have we not met expectations? Dream small. Dream big. No wrong answer. Talk to us.

I simply expect them to release another good album as per the last two.

Where do you see this band going from here? What's left to accomplish? Is their job on earth done?

How do the band progress? I'm not sure, thats for you to know and us to find out, I think? I'd love them to get more recognition than they've had in the past few years, if anything they deserve it. I guess some bands just have to keep pluggin away and eventually they'll get what they deserve. They aren't mainstream so I guess they never will be unless they sell out and write 10 pop radio friendly songs, thankfully I don't see that happening. I'm sure there are a million and one things left to accomplish, but as long as the band are happy and y'all making enough money to live, making music is what it's all about.

I went to a folk festival in the summer where there were about 10,000 people there, not a big festival. I guess many of the bands playing there weren't exactly massive names but they had been playing around europe all summer playing small festivals, some bigger festivals and filling in the blanks playing a variety of venues from 150 - probably a couple 1000 capcity clubs, I guess some/most were making enough cash to survive. If the aim isn't to make millions but enough to be comfortable in life, as long as a sustainable fan base can be established the band will continue to survive

Do you like eisley because of their good vibe, their creativity, their home-spun brand, great music, their natural essence, their non rock-star attitudes or do you secretly wish that eisley was more bad-A and would just get out there, re-create/emulate what's out there? - i.e. same moves, gestures, language... same lifestyle you see in other rock bands?

I like Eisley because they haven't changed thir values in the 5/6 years I've been listening to them. The music was and still is the main attraction but their attitudes to life, fans, etc etc are a reflection of their music. They also remind me much of the folk bands that I like whole, in the main care about their fans, the music and just having fun and enjoying life

What kind of record are you expecting? Short paragraph about your dream record from Eisley? What kind of songs - big ones, small ones, radio ones, creative ones that alienate them from the industry or ones that work on both sides? Big fat record? Indie record? More Rock, less rock? What's missing? What do you want in #3 that was missing in "Combinations"? What kind of packaging do you want to see for this cd? (jewel case, digi-pack?) Does Eisley have much to prove with this 3rd record or are they forging their own path and simply need to continue making music for as long as they can?

I would personally love to hear a record with mainly heavier songs than on the last reord, more EP2 era guitar sounds but in all honesty, I'd buy the lp no matter what and they've not released anything so far that I've really disliked (Treetops apart!)

Do you want them to get out on the road early or do the standard "set up" a month out like on Combinations? If they get out early, do you want to hear new music well before album is released or not? What is early? When do you expect to see the band? Winter...? early Spring? What about one-off shows? Where? A few big markets? (since they're recording, i assume you understand that a Fall tour is out) And do you think this long rest, delay, pause, vacation from "the road", the industry, publications, etc. will hurt them or do you sometimes think it's good for a band to hit it hard and then retreat (no over-saturated) ?

I always say this so you'll not be suprised. An extensive UK/Euorpean tour next summer would be the way forward for me. With and without another band. Support a larger band at biigger venues with extensive club dates as well. Mos-Lake is a MUST!!! Midlake are due a new LP early next year, no? I do think Eisley would fit in great at some the folk festivals that take place in the UK. Check out Green Man festival in wales that I went to this year (www.thegreenmanfestival.co.uk) there were so so many bands on there that Eisley would just fit great alongside, others like End of the Road Festival and a few other indie festivals that haven't been taken over by the corporates. I really think a big hit on these festivals would go along way to building a fan base over here. Of course I don't appreciate the costs involved with such a sustained attempt on the market over here, you can stay at my house if that reduces costs or a night!?

Do you want bigger shows or smaller shows? I refer to production... do you want lights, backdrops, smoke, strobes, dazzling additives, etc (you get the idea - "production") ... or do you just want the same ole indie eisley to get out there and perform like always, w/o props and fanciful's? Are you bored at their shows? Do they need to bring it to the next level? What is that level?

I think I ansered this above. None of this over produced over the top lighting sh|t, just get on there and playing, I will allow them to have a banner on stage! Nothing more, candle light only, ok a few lights. Just get out there and play, shouldn't need to go to the expense of lighting and over production to win fans, the music is enough

Do you think that Eisley toured Combinations too much or too little? Should they do more opening for big acts or stick to headlining their own shows? How many times a year would you really be able to see the band anyway with so many other favorite bands out there?

I'm not sure, they seemed to do a fair bit in the states, I don't know maybe it wasn't enough? Definately need more promo in Europe/rest of the world though. A few shows supporting sh|t bands like TBS is definately not gonna sell eisley to the UK, completely wrong crowd. I honestly think playing to a folk crowd would win more fans than TBS type kids. I'm talking iron & wine, devandra, laura marling, micah p hinson, midlake, the earlies, decemberists, these are the types of artists I belive have fans who would dig eisley way way more than NFG, TBS etc etc

What about more acoustic touring? Some of you liked it.... some obviously just stayed at home. They were small clubs. What gives? Is it pointless or is this softer/organic presentation important to eisley's career? Perhaps the band just do more in-stores so fans can see their acoustic, stripped down version instead of trying to wax acoustic... (?)

In store acoustic gigs would be good. I'd have loved to have seen something like this on their last UK jaunt.

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college? Should they remain on a Major, move to a minii-major, an Indie, become completely independent?

and

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... Smile or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

How old are you? What percentage of your friends listen to or care about eisley? What about your siblings? Parents? Are you an influencer or are you influenced?

I am 27. Very few of friends have heard of Eisley/like Eisley. I'd say of those who have heard, a significant % like them. I need to talk them up more!

Who are you listening to right now? Do you listen to some new bands because they're "blowing up"? Or does that make you shy away? How do you discover new bands? friends, myspace, facebook, youtube, on-line? Do you go buy the record or download from itunes? What bands do you think eisley should not tour with? (like bands you fear they would tour with... no wrong answer)

I've mentioned a few above. Oh Mumford & Sons, they are in the states at the mo, check them out. Also Micah P Hinson, he's a Texan by birth. Drive by truckers, howlin rain, beth jeans houghton, rachel unthank and the winter set, iron & wine, nick drake (sorry, he's dead), Beirut, band of horses and a ton more...

Which relational sites or places on-line should eisley have key pages lush with content? Are people shifting from Myspace to other portals? Do you ever look at LastFM.com to see who else Eisley fans are listening to? Where is eisley NOT (on line)? Where is eisley lacking - on line? (besides merch) How can you help us? Ideas for on-line growth?

Your response goes here

What about the streets? Do you think WB has done a good job w/ street teams and promoting the band? Do you think they pushed? Would it matter? Why isn't eisley bigger? What would make them bigger?

Your response goes here

Will you come see Eisley in 2009 or will you just get the music? How is the economy effecting your pocket book as it relates to supporting music? Do you think artists like eisley will get hurt in this new economy? Ideas for survival?

get thir asses over to the UK and I'll be there. And I'll definately buy the cd. I posed a q on Eisley and the economy in your journal entry.

What are we missing in merch? What do you want to see us sell? Where do you want us to sell it? - merch table at shows, on-line.... what about retail stores?

Your response goes here

More of them, you dont work hard enough! jk.

Thanks. bd[/quote]

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
mechanicalights
Sea Post King

Please come back to Canada!!! The show in Montreal was absolutely amazing. I don't get to see many festivals and basically the only that I might get to watch Eisley in is Osheaga.

Just to keep writing fantastic music.

I think that the band's sound will continue to grow. The intensity in Combinations was just more powerful (A Sight to Behold!) and the girls' voices just grew more beautiful.

I love Eisley for all the reasons that you've listed. The fact that they seem so real is what really appeals to me. I don't think they should try to be like other bands because, they're not like other bands, they are special, unique and Eisley Smile

I'm not really good at describing but one thing I love is how "light/airy" the songs are. Although i do love the more powerful songs like Many Funerals. ICBT4Y is my favourite song off Combinations and I think it's both dreamy and intense. I also love it when Sherri's and Stacy's voices overlap, both their voices are amazing and togther, it's insane. Actually, I would like to hear some backup vocals similar to the ones they did for Bright Eyes. Did they sing in No One Would Riot For Less? If they did, they sound like angels. As for packaging, I love Sherri's artwork so more of that would be great.

I'd like to see them around spring/summer.

I don't think all the extras are necessary. It might be interesting though but I love the fact that they are about the music and not about gimmicks. I would like to hear brief commentaries/explanation for the songs or some banter.

I think they should stick to headlining their own tours. I only had the possibility of seeing them once last year so there was no way I'd miss seeing them.

I love acoustic shows and smaller venues. It has a more laid-back, relaxed vibe. If they're not that successful because people find them "boring" then maybe including Moss Eisley songs, unreleased songs or more audience participation will draw a bigger crowd.

I think indie's slowly becoming the new pop. The iPod commercials might be helping it out but recently, I've heard artists who a year ago were pretty unknown on the radio or on shows such as MTV Live (Can). Unless there are problems with the Major label, there doesn't seem much reason to move.

I'm a high school student, I'm obsessed with finding good music. I love going out with my friends. I love to read and my friends think that I remember out too much random facts. I say a lot of random things Smile

I'm 15 years old. I've been gushing about Eisley to my friends since 3 years ago and I've managed to get a few of them to listen. One of my friends quite like Eisley now. I tend to be the influencer, when I find music i like, I feel the urge to share it.

My musical taste is very diverse. I love everything from Smashing Pumpkins to Sufjan Stevens. I tend to listen to a lot of lesser-known bands. Other than Eisley, my all-time favourite bands are Evanescence and Tegan and Sara. Recently, I've been listening to The Knife, Lykke Li, Hunter Revenge, Amanda Palmer's new cd, and Flight of the Conchords a lot lately.
I find a lot of music through artists I already like and their friend pages on Myspace or associated acts and occasionally through the people on Livejournal. I found out about eisley 4 years ago on some forum but I can't remember what it was for.

I don't really go on LastFM, I mostly stick to Myspace when I'm looking up bands

If I wasn't reading Trolleywood, the only time I would have heard of them in the press this year would be the Radar article so I don't think that Eisley is promoted enough.

I will definately go see Eisley in 2009 if they come to Canada (again, come back to Montreal!!!) I spend the majority of my summer-job money on seeing live music but that's I don't have to worry much about mortages/student loans/rent, etc yet.

I'd like some tote bags with sherri's artwork Smile I think an on-line store is a good idea.

Just the band in action
LeahNicole
Sea Post King

lookingXglass wrote:
I live in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Ah! I'm not the only Corpus Christian on Laughing City. Awesome.
The show in May wasn't canceled. The turn out was pretty great. Minus some mishap with Stacy's keyboard not producing sound at the very beginning the show was amazing. Christie sang the intro to I Wasn't Prepared and the opening acts were lovely.
In general I hope the band plays Corpus again, but I especially hope you get to see them. It's a great experience.
Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
carrman17
Sea Post King

I would love to see Eisley in Salt Lake city, or even Better, in Cedar City or St. George (Utah). There is an amazing coffee shop called The Grind that hosts shows and other such stuff. There is also a venue in St. George called The Electric Theater that would be a great place to play. If it was advertised around Southern Utah University, I'm sure it could happen. I want to see them in Southern Utah! Cedar City is just a few hours from Las Vegas!

I already wrote in the "what bands do you want to see touring with Eisley" thread but here they are again: Mae, anberlin, Jack's Mannequin, Tegan & Sarah, Vedera (again), Coldwar Kids

I would love an Acoustic after show. Maybe have people donate a few dollars to see it. I've seen bands do it before, and it goes to a good cause

If Eisley ever changed their style, I think I would be the most angered person on the planet. I love Their creative and artistic style along with their happy and emotional songs. Please don't change to become "Rockers". Stay true to that amazing sound and style

Keep up what you are doing! DO NOT change. Radio play and charts are overrated and pointless. I love the Indie-ness. Stay with that. There can be a little bit of the bigger rock stuff, but don't over do it please. Keep making wonderful albums. Amaze me!

I say tour before the album is released, playing one or two new songs to get people excited.

I love the smaller shows without the fancy things. It makes you focus more on the band and the music, but I think that it would also be amazing to see some smoke and lights. Don't over do it though. Too much can distract the audience, while having just the right amount can make the show a marvelous time.

Eisley IS my favorite band! I would love to see them headlining this year. I love the full shows, not just an opening act

I would love some in-stores and, like I said before, some acoustic after-shows would be great.

A. Stay creative and don't go mainstream. (Dont stay exclusive to itunes. I am not an apple guy)

and

B.
I'm a lover of music. I go to Southern Utah University and Love hanging out at the local coffee shop. I love the atmosphere and the shows(even though I'm Mormon and don't drink coffee). I love art and design. I also enjoy working on computers. I'm basically your typical weirdo/nerdy/artsy guy. I love sweater vests, glasses, and classic vans! I love Eisley and everything they bring.

I'm almost 19. One of my friends got me into Eisley a few years back and I've been in love since. I have shared the band with many of my friends and my sister. I also took a few of them to a recent show.

Recently I have been listening to anberlin, mae, muse, mew, tokyo police club, Iron and wine, and something corporate. I greatly dislike the radio. If I hear indie bands that I though nobody has heard of on the radio, I get a little pissed off... but I guess there are a few bands that I can still enjoy on the radio. Do not tour with Coldplay or Hannah Montana.

I think that facebook is becoming the big thing. maybe take a look at mirosoft Zune. I use it a lot

hmm

I love good music for a good price. although I'd pay to see them no matter how much it costs. I will also buy the new CD. of course

More Shirts and Jackets?

Keep it up

Charl!3
Sea Post King

Just one request...PLEASE play another Brewtones Show for the next tour! Very Happy
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

I don't know much about festivals, etc. A more general thought as to who you should tour with: It seems like most of the bands mentioned in the other thread were obscure (at least I hadn't heard of many of them) . . . i.e., bands that would be opening for Eisley. Or at least bands that aren't any bigger than Eisley. But I wonder if Eisley would do better trying for a repeat of the Coldplay experience . . . not necessarily Coldplay themselves, but something that would give Eisley exposure to new and bigger audiences. Maybe Keane.

Look, all of us here are Eisley fans. So with this type of question, my answer is going to be similar to everyone else's: keep making good music. Heck, y'all could probably release an album of Led Zeppelin covers done in polka style, and half the people here would say that that polka Zeppelin is now their favorite musical style Smile

Again, keep making good music. That said, I do wonder what will happen in 10 years or so; if more of the band members have spouses and young kids by that time, touring is going to be more and more difficult.

Here's one thing that a few bands have managed to do, and that I don't think I've seen from Eisley thus far: Songs that make the listener feel urgency and suspense just from the musical textures/patterns/production. Think the opening of Coldplay's latest album. Or the beginning of "Where the Streets Have No Name." When I listen to that kind of song, I get this feeling of driving urgency that makes me think, "Wow, this is really building up to something huge."

Interestingly, the new clip does sound like it could be that kind of song, depending on how it's produced and (of course) whether that clip is building to something louder and even more dramatic for a chorus. But that clip does have a real sense of drama and driving towards something else. Cool.

I love acoustic shows. In fact, what y'all really need is some classical guitar. Smile

A. Where is the industry going and how does Eisley fit? Where do you want to see them? - Mainstream, indie-stream, Radio/MTV, digital radio, college?

I'm not even going to try to say where the industry is going . . . too big a question.

Has there ever been a long piece on NPR about Eisley? I see this: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14381462 , but it looks to have been pretty short. I'm not sure what NPR program it was, but I remember hearing a long review (with several song clips) of Fiona Apple's last album on NPR. It was well done, and gave a good view of Fiona Apple's biography as well as specific descriptions of many of her new songs.

I bet there are a lot of NPR listeners -- or, more broadly, people in an older age range -- who might like Eisley's timeless style of music, but who aren't hanging out on Myspace or any of the trendy teen websites, and who aren't going to be coming to overly-loud live shows (they're too busy with work and family obligations). Plus, that type of demographic is probably more in the habit of buying music rather than stealing it online. Might be worth exploring ways (not just NPR) of reaching older audiences.

Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

boyd wrote:

First Order of Bizness:
New Studio Video blog - I am engrossed in the editing the first studio video called "Eis-Wood Sessions #1" to be included in a long series of entertaining clips for Record #3. While it should be done today or tomorrow, I am a bit hesitant to post it just yet since I might not be able to follow up with additional clips quickly. Why, you ask? Because! - I was only able to capture video from the first few sessions and the band is almost finished tracking these first three songs. I have little content to edit outside of what I have thrown into this first clip. Additionally, as I keep saying, we are recording these songs to get the ball rolling while the business part of this... the foundation... is being worked on. Once all that crap is in place, we will resume with the record and I will create the greatest content of all time for your Eis-Wood Sessions entertainment.

Anyway, maybe I'll post the video anyway... "you know - for the kids"; and quite possibly, i will create a false journal with a legit link to Laughing City - so we can do this again.

WISH LIST FOR EISLEY 2009
INFORMAL QUESTIONAIRE. ANSWER ANY OR ALL OR NONE.
We have big plans and obviously there is much going on behind the veil, but aside from specific details we can't talk about, we are interested in any and all feedback from the people who are the most important (uh... that'd be u). These questions are quite random. Answer any or none. Feel free to simply reply with a random thought or one wish. We'll leave this up and let it grow slowly. Jason and I... and no doubt, the band - will be reading every word. I for one, will be commenting/interacting as time allows. Thanks.

Your response goes here
(use font color to code this and simply toss in this color so
I'll have uniform color-analogous response: #c9d577

Eisley has more than met our expectations! Everything you do is genuine and honest, and ends with Eisley making awesome music to share with it's fans.... and we love you for it! Thanks! Wink

Assuming the band can't reverse global warming... I think Eisley should do whatever the band members and you, Boyd, decide is best for Eisley.
All of us true fans, love you for who you all are, and for your beautiful music. I would love to see Eisley become incredibly successful, for the sake of the band-so you can all enjoy life to the max and pay your bills. But at the same time, we hope you'll always still be the great people you are now . And I know you always will be... Smile

(E. All of the above Wink Eisley is so unique in that all those wonderful attributes are true! Great people, from great families, with great values, making great music.. what could be better?! You are all so down-to-earth. So talented, and yet willing to share that talent with your fans in a very personal way. You are so awesome for just being who you already are: Eisley ( the world's greatest band). We don't want Eisley to be bad-a** like all the other bands. We love you because you're NOT like all the other bands. Stay the way you are - awesome Wink

I love variety! I think a combination (no pun intended Wink ) of short fun pop songs , long epic ballads, a few rockers, the girls' trademark etherial 'dreamy' songs (MY favorites),and throw in a couple of potential 3 minute radio singles to see if WB can actually get you some air-time Rolling Eyes . the longer the album, the better. More Eisley music is always better than less Eisley music Smile As for packaging, I like the old-fashioned jewel cases, but cardboard digi-packs are OK too. Eisley has NOTHING to prove! Just keep making more of the kind of music that you make best, and we'll keep buying it and coming to your concerts Smile

Early spring tour would be great. We know you guys need to take time off from touring to just relax, and enjoy your personal lives! You must be completely exhausted when you get home after touring Rolling Eyes A once a year tour hitting all the major market areas would be great for everyone, I think. We'll come see you anywhere within driving distance. For example, Samantha and I have already decided that if you schedule Cleveland and Detroit again, we'll try to go to both, even if its on back-to-back nights. I think smaller venues are more intimate and better suited to Eisley's style, but that could also be because I just hate huge crowds. After all, the bigger the audience , the more $ you take home!

We don't need flashy shows- we just want Eisley. I think most of the props and theatrical lights, strobes, etc. are overkill, and actually detract from enjoying Eisley's type of music. I'd never be bored at an Eisley concert, you guys could play in a record store and high school gym and I'd love it all the same.

I think once a year is great (so Eisley band members ( and Dad's) don't get burned out), But if Eisley toured twice a year, we'd still go to both.
It doesn't really matter to me if Eisley opens or headlines. Though if Eisley headlines again, it would be nice if the band members could try to mingle with fans either before or after the concert for autographs, photos, etc. Wink

The acoustic stuff is awesome, but maybe rather than an acoustic 'Tour' maybe include an 'acoustic set' of 3 , 4 , 5 songs within the regular concert
itself. Or the idea of more acoustic in-stores would be great, but I'm guessing that would only be in the biggest cities and that would leave a lot of us fans out Sad

and

I don't pretend to know much about 'the music business'. I just know what I like. Eisley needs to do whatever the band and managers think is best for it. Eisley is too special to be made to conform to other people's ideas .
Do what's best for Eisley, and we will follow!
Me: I'm a married father of two daughters , one 9 and the other 24 (and she just got married this summer). My wife and I are both college graduates and both are medical technologists at different hospital laboratories. We love any and all kinds of music (with the notable exception of gansta-rap!)

[ I'm probably one of the oldest Eisly fans, I'm 52 and my wife is 46.
I discovered Eisly after reading a revue of Room Noises in a magazine and being intrigued enough to go buy it. i've been hooked ever since. I introduced my youngest daughter , SAMANTHA (now age 9 and in 4th grade), to Eisly at a young age and she loves EISLEY as much as I do!

We've also tried to 'spread the word' about Eisley, by giving copies of Room Noises and Combinations to many people as gifts. Mostly our teenage neices and nephews. They have become Eisley fans as well. I'm guessing we've added another 4 or 5 fans that way.

I love to 'discover ' new bands and singer/songwriters. I ususally either hear of them from reviews, or sometimes just the "hear them first" rack at Best Buy or some other store. A few from recommendations off Laughing City or You Tube, etc. Some of my favorite newer artists ( at least new to ME) are MoZella, Keri Noble, Anna Nalick, Corrine Bailey Rae, Sierra Swan, Jessie Baylin, Julianna Hatfield. I'm old and old-fashioned: I buy the cd's. Samantha downloads to her ipod.
Not much help on the computer sites. but i do listen to satallite radio (XM) and I think that EISLEY airplay on some of the 'alternative' channels
(the Starbucks playlist, New Indie bands, etc.) could be a great thing.

It seems like WB really dropped the ball for Eisley! I can't believe that Eisley hasn't had a least a couple of nationally played singles on the radio.
Just one sigle in the top 40 would be huge from the business stand point ($). I still think that airplay on satallite radio (XM/Sirius) could be very beneficial as well.

We will go to as many EISLEY concerts in 2009 as we can drive to! And we'll buy the cd as soon as it's released. We always buy TWO. One for me (Dad), and one for Samantha to have her own copy.

The t-shirts, and sweatshirts with Sherri's awesome drawings are the collest. Please keep making more! I'd love a big over-sized pullover crewneck Eisley sweatshirt AS WELL AS the hoodies. And I'd really love an Eisley hat... maybe a faded canvas or cotton baseball cap with the Eisley logo on the front Smile
The merch table is great, on-line would be even better for all those that can't get to concerts regularly. In retail stores would also be great if you can do it.. More posters or photo prints would be cool as well. I'm VERY excited to hear Sherri say she'll create and sell drawings for fans as well. I know Samantha already wants one! Anything with Sherri's drawings on it would sell ( we have Sherri'scool Eisley 'mellaroid' lithograph from several years ago, framed and hanging Sam's bedroom)

Just show us the Duprees doing what they do best- making great music. the 'behind-the -scenes' hijinx are always fun and just watching the band interact and practice would be cool. We love you guys!! Love

Thanks. bd

nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

Your response goes here
BONNAROO!! They'd fit in so well there and Bonnaroo is so much fun. i also think a tour with Mates of State would be cool.

You guys have met all my expectations for being awesome. Maybe just some super cool hoodies.

i really believe in eisley and that you guys could be big with radio and tv and perhaps a reality show? haha. but i also like the fact that there arent 2000 screaming 15 year olds at your shows. and i feel like tv and radio change all that.

Obviously we're drawn to Eisley for a reason and they are all those things you've said: natural essence, great music, non-rockstar attitudes. i love how accessible the band is

I think Combinations showed a great deal of growth in the songwriting not only lyrically but in the music. So if you continue to do that in the next album I'm satisfied

I absolutely LOVED the acoustic tour. it was beautiful. do it again! maybe a dvd this time?

You guys brought a lot of energy for the encore on the last tour. it was cool bc the show is mellow and awesome then the encore was like BLAM!! (specifically sight to behold) and ended on a really high note. i think its unnecessary/not really Eisley to go too far beyond that.

Honestly, i really only make time for Eisley shows. haha. I think Combinations had a good amount of tour time. acoustic tour, then an opener tour, then a headlining tour. seems like just enough bc it was like one of each option

as i said in the last 2 responses. the acoustic tour was awesooomme

and

I think eisley would fit well in the Tegan and Sara Death Cab kinda place. ya know, they're really popular but dont have much or any radio play but shows always sell out. and i would desccribe myself as a dork. in college. graphic design. likes to sit around and watch movies or tv. loves to procrastinate by spending my time doing things like this instead of hw. i love music and just like hang out. i want to assume that most eisley fans are just chill people.

I'm 21. a couple of my friends like eisley but not as much as me. i am the influencer.

Right now im really into Mates of State. I usually find new music by looking at like Vagrant records or Drive Thru and seeing what bands they have. or if someone is playing with a band i like ill check them out. its usually a word of mouth, being bored online browsing kinda thing. which is how i found Eisley in the first place. i dont think eisley should tour with those more rock/young kid/emoish bands like paramore or Mayday Parade or even that NFG tour. its just not the same crowd.

I left myspace a while ago and am all about the facebook. but i dont follow bands or anything the way i used to on myspace. sorry. im fresh out of ideas on this one.

nah.. i dont think the street team ever did anything. it was pretty dead from the beginning.that could definitely be revived and used to their advantage.

i will always come see eisley. so its hard for me to make this judgment

i want more hoodies! ones that will fit a skinny girl nicely. poster prints could be cool, like limited edition kinda stuff.

eisley au-natural. like filmng them lions in the jungle.

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
keithabbott
Sea Post King

I'll try and be brief...

More previously unreleased material finally recorded properly and released in some form. Also would love to see them continue to play in the Washington DC area. Maybe the annual DC Chili cookoff?

Just keep writing and releasing music, and if you can continue to perform please do. I'd also like to see more hi-def video. Now that it's possible, these youtube vids and low res quicktime vids should be replaced with higher quality video to stay with the times.

Musicians should continue to evolve with age. As long as you enjoy performing and writing music, you should. But don't leave your fans hanging. Don't just suddenly dissapear with the contract and leave your fans hanging like some bands...wondering will they ever get back together and record/perform for their fans? If you quit the gig let us know.

their creativity, their morals, their music and talent. I like them as they are. If success finds them, so be it. But success is different for everyone so, as long as they are happy that's all that truly matters. We'll catch that vibe if it's in you.

I expect to hear Chauntelle more singing and writing wise. Smile Other than that, I expect the band to continue doing what they've been doing for all these years. I expect there may also be a darkness to their music this go around due to the events of 2007, but if it came out all positive like...as lessons learned..I wouldn't be too surprised. But I do expect this to be a very personal album. I think a mixture of songs ballads and power songs, etc are nice because you're not listening to too many songs that sound all the same. Combinations could have been better in the regard that several great songs were cut out. An album is a collection of thoughts and images. Just because one is different than another doesn't mean it shouldn't be included. If it's an inferior song and it's something you're not proud of then that I can understand. But to cut it down to reach a certain mold doesn't cut it in my opinion. If you record 15 songs in the studio...release 15 songs, especially if you are proud of every one of those songs. Packaging doesn't bother me, but I did like the DVD in combinations. Keep that kind of stuff going. Eisley has nothing to prove as far as I'm concerned. If the industry doesn't push them, they shouldn't have to conform to make it. Hanson is a perfect analogy.

Yes, early and let us hear it before it's out maybe an acoustic tour...make it different from what we will hear on the album. Surprise us. I want to see them in the spring. You can never get enough road time. You need to stay in the public or yes it will hurt, but no more than one show every 6 months in the same place. Once a year isn't too much.

I like both. Definitely not bored. Small acoustic is nice change up from the big shows. Every 6 months tour would be great because one show could be acoustic and the other all out. For Eisley, the next level will come when the industry finally supports this band and lifts them to the next level...big hall shows headlining.

Toured too little. As an Eisley fan, them opening would be dissapointing. I'd rather have them headlining, but financially I could see them opening for larger acts to gain more fan base. That's more of an economic decision rather than a personal one. If they come to DC, I'll be there. Just cant afford tickets over $30.

Answered above. I like acoustic but I also want full band. Don't just do an acoustic tour. If you do, have two other full band tours.. maybe one as support and one headlining..or both headlining Smile In stores are not exactly great venues for the bands, and with stores on the decline..not so helpful either. Perhaps a coffeehouse show in the afternoon/early evening and full show later that night?

Music is music. It's all the same, it's all different. Eisley fits where they fit. I don't care where we see them, but I suspect if they go independent they will have more control which is good, and if you hire the right people you can be just as profitable on your own and just as well known without giving away all your profits to labels and guilds. Once again Hanson is a good example they may not be as well known as they were but they are making a decent living. Another person of note is Ani DiFranco..she's been one of the huge indie success stories.

Who are Eisley's peers? Who are eisley's fans? Describe yourself in a short paragraph. You can stereotype to help paint an easy picture to enjoy and interpret for others (i am a geek. I love to blah, blah, blah... or I am a jock... most popular in my high school.... or I am a cheerleader and love to get drunk at parties and am too sexy for myself, or i drive a truck with big speakers.... i raise the rock sign and listen to FM Rock Radio - The Offspring, Stained, Kings of Leon, Disturbed, Paramore, Linkin Park, Jonus Brothers, Kid Rock, etc. ... or i am emo - I love rage, cry a lot, nobody understands me, I wear tight pants and sport that big swoop-dee-doop bang thing that covers my entire headal region, smoke pot because my friends who hang out at Starbucks do... or I am a rebel, i am quasi-political, i want to lash out against society because because i hate my parents but i don't really want work or contribute because that would be giving in to the establishment... i just want to demonstrate something... or I am a college student studying bio-metrics and listen to Ben Folds and Weezer because they rule... or I am a nobody and love music... or I am a gamer and mostly play Rock Band and old Nintendo )

I'll edit this in later..

39, and just my wife cares. I'm an influencer not influenced.

Lauren Hoffman. I listen to new bands that I discover sound like other bands I like. Sometimes myspace, sometimes reviews, but mostly on-line. I will download or buy from the record store..both really..but I prefer CDs. No idea who they should tour with. I like them headlining anyhow.

I think you guys have hit the spots I look at...facebook and myspace. Just keep pushing the promo for interviews and features. give the media a reason to want to interview you guys. show them what you guys are about that nobody else is.

I think they've done okay. They could do better to push you guys through radio. MTV isn't what it used to be. Radio would help make Eisley bigger. But bigger may not necessarily be better.

I will most definitely. I'll find a way.

I love t-shirts. My wife loves hoodies. I think getting the store back online would be a great start. But the shows is great too. Just make them affordible. Maybe discounts for Laughing City members.

Just hear more of the music. Show or at least document the writing process more. I'd be intrigued to see how they create songs.

thexrunaway
Golly, Poster

I am hoping for them to finally tour near wherever I am (Buffalo) though the second half of the year I may be in NYC so that will happen. haha Buffalo is such an ignored market that can draw a crowd particularly with the right support. Good range of venues, could easily play something small just to test the waters. Try not to book on the same night as a Buffalo Sabres hockey game though in early '09. Honestly they should be playing any and every festival possible. Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, All Points West, SXSW, they fit in perfectly with everyone.

And since I haven't put in my two sense in the other thread:
The Morning Light: Beach Boys influenced pop-rock. Listen to "Honest Apologies Endless," "The Sounds," and "Done Writing Love Songs."
Paul Michel: Jeff Buckley-ish singer-songwriter. Listen to "Alone All Day" and "Pianos, Silence and Bricks."
Micah Tawlks: Folky singer songwriter with heart wrenching vocals. Listen to "Hold On Or Let Go," "Please," and "Parable."
Bonnie Dune: Beach indie pop. Listen to "Sea Sick" and "Better View."
City & Colour: Hardcore frontman's softer side. Listen to anything.
Death Cab For Cutie: Why has this not happened yet? haha

My expectations are for the band to keep changing and growing, moving forward, but still remain Eisley. I really don't think that should be a problem as they're all extremely grounded regular people who just happen to make beautiful music. I guess I would also expect for them to do some sort of full headlining tour as well as a maybe tour as support for a bigger act on a large summer tour.

Their job on Earth is most certainly not done. As long as they want to keep music most of us will keep listening! From here I truly must stress I see the band really gunning for a college radio market on this next album/tour. I feel like with that kind of success Eisley could truly begin to look at going big in other ways, but in my eyes that would be the logical first step for them to take this go around. I am sure the college radio market has been tested before, but as someone who works at a consistently ranked top college radio station, trust me when I say no one was giving it a good push.

NO! Eisley is awesome because their quirky and unique and I identify with them. I feel like if I were from Tyler we would be good friends. Their real-ness is one way the can one up other bands. No matter what I always think of them as genuine people, they're kind and fantastic. Never should they become rockstars with crazy piercings and tattoos and wild nights and hotel room trashing.

I would like to see more stuff like "A Sight To Behold" and at the same time more stuff like "Taking Control," so different but two of my favorite tunes. I would definitely love to hear a couple more singing parts from Chauntelle. I love the vibe of the new Death Cab album because I feel like the vibe really fits the political/social climate right now and I think in the video Eisley is really trying to find the right vibe, so that is important. They should definitely keep forging their own path but at the same time remain concious that all it takes is one track to reel people in and chances are they will catch onto the other stuff.

If I were planning things: Definitely hit the road doing one-of and acoustic shows to promote the CD prior to its release, maybe a few in stores the week of release at independant record shops. Then I would plan on hitting the road right after the release to do a full U.S. Tour. I think tour support is really important in this instance and should be looked at very very carefully. I think the time off will go over well because everyone is going to be itching to see them when they get back out on tour though I would hope it will be early next year, depending on potential release date. I really hope this record is being released in early spring, no later than April. I firmly believe Combinations push back of release date to summer lost it's entire college radio market.

They don't need no stinkin' production. Wink haha Eisley is not the type of band I see with lazer lights and smoke. In fact I hate seeing any band with smoke machines and too many lights are just as bad. I think keeping it indie maybe big small shows, if that means anything. Small stages, cozy rooms, venues with character and history. Artsy fartsy areas. I have heard from those who think they're shows are a bit boring, working on stage banter might help. I mean I don't expect them to say fake things, but sometimes just telling silly stories and making sure things don't lapse into silent moments can help. (YouTube live performances from The Gay Blades, they have one of the best live shows I have seen in so long.) Also Garron could move around a bit more sometimes. Razz

Too little, but a lot of other things were happening in their lives that made it difficult. Hopefully this time life and touring will be going swell. I think they need to find a happy balance of both touring as headliners and openers. They seem to do well in both capacities. I would probably see them twice a year as headliners if I could and maybe once as an opener depending on who it was for.

Acoustic tour great in theory, but acoustics work best in extremely intimate settings. Plus finding the right openers is difficult too. Possibly more in-stores or even coffee-shop type presentations. Or a college acoustic tour? Costs less for colleges to book and set-up would attract a lot of interest potentially.

and

A. As I said before COLLEGE, COLLEGE, COLLEGE this time around. Get them in the college market, get them playing colleges, get them doing phone interviews with top-ranked stations especially in major markets, get the new record into college music directors hands before May when most school are out of session and very little new music gets put into rotation. As for labels, they need to do what they need to do. Universal has been doing a great job lately with smaller bands, but indies are always there and often more hands on. Sometimes all you need is a good PR team separate from label PR. Big Machine Media called me out of the blue yesterday to see if I wanted to go and see up-and-comers TV/TV and interview them. Reach out to college radio stations offer them tickets or interview opportunities, they will listen. Aside from that SATELLITE RADIO. Go to Sirius XM (they're together now) make them listen, make them hear how Eisley fits into Left of Center like a glove. Tell them you want to do a performance, tell them you want to do an acoustic set, I don't know.... I interned there and it made me crazy that they didn't play you guys sadly I wasn't in programming.

B. I wear emo glasses and bright colors. I am chubby and awkward and a little bit of a geek. I am a friend-aholic. I meet and talk to people wherever I go including Eisley shows. Music is my absolute obsession and I really want to work in artist management or booking after graduation in May of 2009. Despite glowing recommendations I am petrified I will be a failure and am currently making myself a nervous wreck for the next eight months. I am most often described as quirky, I like everything just a little offbeat. I drink too much coffee and chip my nailpolish when I am bored. I read a lot and judge people based on their shoes.

I am just about to turn 21, very few of my friends listen to Eisley, no siblings, and my parents listen to the Mamas & the Papas and the Eagles. Typically I am an influencer I am the one my friends look to for bands, but most of my friends are boys and aren't to into Eisley. I probably know about ten true Eisley fans in my friends and acquaintances.

Right now I am listening to a lot of throwbacks to the pop-punk of the late 90s and a lot of 50s and 60s influenced pop-rock. Occasionally I listen to a band who is blowing up but more often then not I know about them beforehand. I generally find out about new bands via tours, absolutepunk.net or recommendations from other bands members when we converse or in their blogs or during interviews. As for records, I always prefer a physical copy plus pre-order incentives are amazing, for example with the new Anberlin record I got a hand-numbered (930 made) and autographed silk-screened seven inch with my pre-order all for $14 including shipping via Newberry Comics website.

It is really hard to say. For bands I would say MySpace is still the key place to get your music heard. Last.fm is certainly growing as are the music aspects of facebook, but I still think the best way to use the online tool is to generate a buzz. Get on internet gossip website like PerezHilton and OhNoTheyDidnt. Perez would probably love Eisley and if he gets turned onto them so do millions of people.

The WB tried, maybe not quite as hard as they could have but they did give it a solid effort for a while. I just think that Eisley is the kind of band you need to hear to love. Stickers and postcards don't cut it. They're a very word of mouth, mp3 trade, heard about them on a blog and clicked the link, kind of band. They flat out don't have a mainstream sound on a lot of tracks, they're no Paramore or Kelly Clarkson or Taylor Swift, they're unique, which is what makes it hard. They belong on college radio is the only thing I can figure. They should be a college radio band and they should be touring colleges whether acoustic or fullband. That is the only way for them to even begin to expand more than the rate they're going.

I am in college so no big effects on me yet. Eisley is one band who's CDs I religiously buy and will continue too. The beauty of Eisley in my opinion is that being a part of this community and just reading the journals and seeing the girls art and photos makes me feel like I would be cheating a friend if I didn't buy the CD and I am sure many others agree. I will definitely go to a show if there is one nearby or even if I have to go a little further if the rest of the tour package is as top notch as Eisley.

Merch Table: I know muted colors are kind of the Eisley color palette, but the girls are always so bright and creative as are many of us. I would love to see the similar designs but maybe just on some more colorful pieces. Or I just saw an awesome hoodie from the band Valencia that said their name down the side on the front and "We All Need A Reason To Believe" (their CD title and a lyric) on the back all in the font from their album artwork. Eisley could try something like that with all the nifty song titles or lyrics they come up with.
Online: More collabos. The MacBeth shoe is crazy great. The girls have an amazing unique sense of style they should use it if possible. Seek out other places they could collab with. I mean honestly the girls are pretty enough the could spokesmodel for any of the brands they love, approach people. It would help get their name out there.

Personally I love the videos just the way they are. Snippets of songs without giving too much away, goofing around, little bits of technical stuff. It is a good mixture. Maybe everyone could take a turn kind of narrating if you will, how Stacy did this video.

"My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end."

-Ayn Rand, Anthem

Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

I thought of something else I'd REALLY like on the new Eisley cd:

Please, Please, Please!!! Chauntelle, please sing some major vocals on the new album. You've got such a beautiful voice- please share it with us!! Wink

ThatsSoCloo
Sea Post King

I wish to see the band around Kansas City if it's summertime, or around Minneapolis if it's school time. Not only are these wishes for selfish reasons, but because I know that if I got all or any of my listening friends to see what I've seen, they would love Eisley as much as I do.

I don't set expectations for Eisley because I have adored everything they've presented, so I don't see any need to do so. I hope, however, there will be more hearty songs such as Combinations and power songs such as A Sight To Behold and weird, Eisongs such as Marvelous Things.

I also hope to see more of that gorgeous Eisley art everywhere I go. Also, dreaming and wishing, I hope that one day I can sit through a movie and Eisley will be the soundtrack, making the mood perfect.

Music-wise, I think it might be neat to hear some rigorous instrumental tracks. Don't get me wrong, I adore the voices of the girls, but I think it could be a really interesting listen. Furthermore, to simply be able to define such instrumental tracks as strictly Eisley would be outstanding. I love their sound and could listen to it all day -- and I do!

And yes, some Chauntelle vocals would be thrilling. Smile

Adoring from afar,
Sarah Julson
Joined: 08 Apr 2008 | Posts: 3 | Location: Blue Springs, Missouri