Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
bigideas wrote:
boyd wrote:
Yep... Worries us a little. They can trade off. Weston said it was going ok - but the older dudes (dad's) only listen to heavy metal, rock, alt rock, etc... Good thing je brought his ipod. Pretty funny.

I feel for him. When I went to school in Tenn, there were other East Texans that went there, too, so we carpooled. Dude loved Everclear and Matchbox 20 - every time he would want to play these. One time I was about to play Pet Sounds and he objected because all the songs sounded the same.........this when 2 or 3 of Everclear's singles were exactly the same songs.......they even had the same drum fills and amount of "yeah's" in them I think.

Watch what you say about Matchbox 20.....

pic don't show.

I actually owned (or maybe still do somewhere) the first Matchbox 20 album. This is what he had. The thing was - he would only play these two bands. I think that was even before the second MB20 album came out, so it was always that one maybe 4 or 5 years after it came out. He may have had two different Everclear ones, and there was little variety between those two as well.

boyd
Eisleyoid

texted him all day. Like at 845 miles, 650, 568, 440, 346... latest was only 117 miles out. Once during the day i asked him how Zane was and he texted me this: "at chuck norris's bachelor party, he ate the entire cake before his friends had time to tell him there was a stripper inside of it." We have silly Chuck Norris magnets on our fridge. Weston is so strange. You don't even know. Anyway - Matchbox 20. mmm... don't get it. I see Fleet Foxes name on the top of the new Rollling Stones. that's legit. i should actually read it. they finally made it the size of every other publication(no more gi-normous tabloid size) Think of the thousands of trees the slaughtered senselessly over the years to make it so big. tsk tsk. and the spotted owls that were uprooted. and the ink they wasted. it was probably toxic. not a fan but not for those reasons. lol. i am random. bbvvvv v v v bgg guh guh gh.... bvvvt. nothing to say bye. welcome home zane.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Glad to hear the Zane is doing much better! Hope Weston gets home safely soon Wink
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
Anyway - Matchbox 20. mmm... don't get it. I see Fleet Foxes name on the top of the new Rollling Stones. that's legit. i should actually read it. they finally made it the size of every other publication(no more gi-normous tabloid size) Think of the thousands of trees the slaughtered senselessly over the years to make it so big. tsk tsk. and the spotted owls that were uprooted. and the ink they wasted. it was probably toxic. not a fan but not for those reasons. lol. i am random. bbvvvv v v v bgg guh guh gh.... bvvvt. nothing to say bye. welcome home zane.

just relating to having to take long road trips and having to listen to music i would rather not listen to.

The Rolling Stone change must have just happened because the last one I saw with Obama on the cover was still oversized.

glad that Zane is doing well.

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
He guys. Weston drove with Zane's dad and another friend to NYC and will be home late tonight! (24 there, 24 straight back) He's doing much better. Thanks for your love, support, prayers, thoughts, etc.

boyd

Thanks for the update! Continuing to pray! Very Happy

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

One could attribute road fatigue to such delerium. In a normal person that is. Smile

Are you guys into chop socky movies, I wonder? Sounds reasonable with the TKD dedication. I'm a big Jackie Chan fan and he does battle with a couple TKD master kickers in a couple of them, like the finale of Drunken Master and the rooftop fight in Who Am I? I got the uncut, original Cantonese version of Police Story on DVD last week and there's a stunt where Jackie leaps onto the hood of a car trying to run him down, he bounces off the windshield, and rolls onto the ground, which is how I picture Zane the Ninja reacted. I don't know any martial arts myself, but I am a Segue Master. Great to hear about the improvement of Zane's condition & welcome back Weston.

lifestoshort
Sea Post King

any more updates on his condition
we always made small talk at the shows i saw him at
he is super cool
hope to see him again behind the merch table
tell him i havent forgotten about the texas belt buckle
best wishes
peace
ray ss

katiemac
Sea Post King

Praying for you Zane.
woman4life
Golly, Poster

Wow, I haven't been on many message boards lately,and I totally missed this. I am really sorry to hear about Zane, but glad he has been improving. He's a good guy. I usually talk to him at shows (he probably wishes I talked less. LOL)

Anyway, any more updates?

Please give him my regards, if and when it's possible and he will be in my prayers.

--Melanie
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number