Laughing City
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

Alright, I've spent forever looking for this and had no luck. Does anyone know what model camera Sherri uses? I'm seriously considering FINALLY getting a DSLR and even though I'm pretty sure I'm going with Canon, I just wanted to know what Sherri uses so I can get an equivalent. I'm only an amateur photographer here so I don't need the super high-tech ones, just I've outgrown digicams a LONG time ago and haven't been able to afford a decent camera before...

Thanks =)

norad
Vintage Newbie

D50. It's not made any more, I believe. It was replaced by the D40. Which is what Garron has. Both are good cameras.
Last edited by norad on Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Poptart88
Sea Post King

Nope. D50 is not made anymore I think the nearest updated model to it might be the D90.
I personally use a D300 and a D40
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

ahh thank you guys! haha, i was all "come on nora!" u tend to reply within minutes of my posts! haha, sweet! =)
Poptart88
Sea Post King

emilytheanteater wrote:
Alright, I've spent forever looking for this and had no luck. Does anyone know what model camera Sherri uses? I'm seriously considering FINALLY getting a DSLR and even though I'm pretty sure I'm going with Canon, I just wanted to know what Sherri uses so I can get an equivalent. I'm only an amateur photographer here so I don't need the super high-tech ones, just I've outgrown digicams a LONG time ago and haven't been able to afford a decent camera before...

Thanks =)

Gah. I didn't read all the way through. I think the nearest updated Canon might be the 40D (if you are looking for an equivalent)? That could be 100% wrong though so don't take my word for it. I shoot Nikon.
I was at the PhotoExpo in NY not too long ago and there was so much fancy equiptment now it almost made my eyes cross
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

How easy is it to find a D50? I know ebay/craigslist is an option, but do you think camera stores might sell used D50s?
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

KEH.com

^Excellent online used camera/gear store. Their "bargain" shape -- supposedly kinda beat up -- is really rather great. So the"excellent" stuff is sterling. Super cheap prices make it awesome. Also, places like Adorama.com will have used equipment, too.

The D40 is good, and the D50 is still a good camera, too. The D70 is spiffy too, from my experience. Also, the D90 rocks because it can do video.

Anyway, you can't really go wrong with any of those. Also, it's tough to go wrong with the Canon Digital Rebels, and the 20-50D.

I've used all of the above except the D90 and the D70, and my brothers have a D70s, so I'll take their word for it.

Don't break your back getting a D50, because a D70 or D80 would likely be just as good, I think. And if you can afford a D90 or better, do backflips! ha ha. Anyway, a D50 is a fine choice, as is a D40. You'll find something good for your price range, I bet. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
seefoamgreen
Sea Post King

I have a Canon Rebel, and I absolutely love it. I was going to go w/ a D40, but decided against it. I have a Nikon e55, 35mm, and I love it, but I chose Canon for my DSLR because of the ease of use. I know the menus and buttons and settings in Canons better than Nikons, and so I chose the Rebel.

But either one is great! Just my personal preference.

http://www.myspace.com/tiffinycostello
alinicole
Sea Post King

Yeah, D50. It was the first DSLR I ever got (and the only one I have to this day) and I think it's great. The only thing that pissed me off was I couldn't figure out how to turn the flash off but Sherri helped me with that haha. I got it before I ever knew what model any of them had so it's funny that it ended up being the same one. Razz
national phenomenon
Golly, Poster

I have a Rebel and it's definitely a great first DSLR. I started thinking about upgrading recently, and I kind of can't stop.
dangerous
Sea Post King

I'm holding off until I get my tax return to get the D40, but my tongue is wagging every time I go to websites and stare at it D:
Joined: 13 Nov 2003 | Posts: 165 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida
johnip
Vintage Newbie

I got a Canon 40D this summer. It rules Very Happy and they're pretty cheap now that the 50D came out.
Sea Post King

my dad has the D50
its pretty sweet