Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

In a perfect world they'll become "Legacy" artists and have the good fortune to start releasing periodic live recordings, from the board, and mastered, which are sometimes as good as, in other cases, better than studio takes, and we'll get to hear it in all it's glory. Until then, forward mush, new stuff 1st.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
I don't see why it would take away any time from the new music. She has the music already recorded on her computer, probably even a version of her singing it too. It tacks right onto the beginning of the original song very easily, didn't seem like it overlapped during the live show videos.

Having it demoed on a computer is significantly different from a studio version that would cost the band time and money on top of what they're already recording.

I'm only referring to the intro, I'm against a remake of the entire song. If a demo exists I'm sure it's fine. If not, it's only a minute long and only uses voice and direct-input keyboards that are easy to record, there's no drums which are the main problem in recording. If it comes out sounding low-fi that's fine. Heck I'd give her dollar for her trouble. Smile

If they want to have it as something special for live shows that's cool too.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

it is quite beautiful.
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

i would totally love a copy.
not necessarily a studio version, but a demo version would be great.
just something with that intro to put on my ipod that is coherent.

since i dont see the point in them going into the studio to rerecord it with the new album coming out.

-Mae West
juan_diego
Sea Post King

im looking forward to the new stuff as much as anyone else.

But its not like Eisley hasnt recorded the same song more than once, (Memories, I Wasn't Prepared, Head Against The Sky, Telescope Eyes, Laughing City, Marvelous Things, Over the Mountains).

Its not like they're gonna drop all plans for the new album if they were to do this. Its just one freakin' song.

oliez
Vintage Newbie

juan_diego wrote:

But its not like Eisley hasnt recorded the same song more than once, (Memories, I Wasn't Prepared, Head Against The Sky, Telescope Eyes, Laughing City, Marvelous Things, Over the Mountains).

Its not like they're gonna drop all plans for the new album if they were to do this. Its just one freakin' song.

Recording an EP (referencing the songs you posted) and rerecording those songs for an LP is different than rerecording LP songs for another LP. It's an entirely different story. Enjoy what you've heard. It's all you're going to hear I'm sure.

Going back to songs from Room Noises or Combinations is not an option. It's time to move on. As great as the tour into was, I can't see them going back to rerecord ICBTFY just for an intro.
juan_diego
Sea Post King

oliez wrote:
juan_diego wrote:

Recording an EP (referencing the songs you posted) and rerecording those songs for an LP is different than rerecording LP songs for another LP. It's an entirely different story. Enjoy what you've heard. It's all you're going to hear I'm sure.

Going back to songs from Room Noises or Combinations is not an option. It's time to move on. As great as the tour into was, I can't see them going back to rerecord ICBTFY just for an intro.

If they were to do this I wouldnt expect it on the new LP!

It could just be like a 1 song iTunes exclusive EP, or something like that.

alinicole
Sea Post King

I'm afraid all of these threads/posts are gonna make them never want to add new things to songs on tour ever again haha.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

tragedienne wrote:
I'm afraid all of these threads/posts are gonna make them never want to add new things to songs on tour ever again haha.
True that. Laughing
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

grain thrower wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
True that. Laughing

Actually, I'm willing to bet that they might really want to put up some demos for download, but can't because of contract reasons. They're artists wanting to share their art.

alinicole
Sea Post King

sukieinthe_g wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
True that. Laughing

Actually, I'm willing to bet that they might really want to put up some demos for download, but can't because of contract reasons. They're artists wanting to share their art.

Well of course they're artists wanting to share their art, but I think they'd rather work on the brand new stuff so they can share that with the fans than go re-work old songs. I think we should let them mix things up on tour with new intros and such to songs without needing a studio recorded version every time is all (although I do love the new ICBTFY intro, don't get me wrong) . But hey, just my opinion. Razz

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

sukieinthe_g wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
True that. Laughing

After the stink about The Baby, I'm not willing to bet that at all.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

tragedienne wrote:
sukieinthe_g wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
True that. Laughing

Well of course they're artists wanting to share their art, but I think they'd rather work on the brand new stuff so they can share that with the fans than go re-work old songs. I think we should let them mix things up on tour with new intros and such to songs without needing a studio recorded version every time is all (although I do love the new ICBTFY intro, don't get me wrong) . But hey, just my opinion. Razz

Oh, yeah, definitely. That's kind of what I meant. New stuff. Share. Yay! And Hannah has a point about the Baby fiasco... so... maybe I'll withdraw my bet.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

Artists add new versions of old songs, whether they are remixes or live, as bonus tracks all the time. It would be a nice addition to a Special Edition 3rd album for this to be added to.

I highly doubt that re-recording ICBT4Y would take any time away from the third album as I'm sure they'd decide between the songs before they took the time and money to record.

juan_diego
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:
Artists add new versions of old songs, whether they are remixes or live, as bonus tracks all the time. It would be a nice addition to a Special Edition 3rd album for this to be added to.

I highly doubt that re-recording ICBT4Y would take any time away from the third album as I'm sure they'd decide between the songs before they took the time and money to record.

EXACTLY!!!!