41%
 41%  [ 10 ]
The Stranger by Albert Camus
33%
 33%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 24

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Meredith, I'm not sure if you've read them or not before, but I'm currently reading Chrétien de Troyes' Arthurian romances. I'm currently reading Lancelot, the Knight of the Cart, but will be reading Yvain, the Knight with the Lion later in the semester. I mention this because the text I found at the library had French and English side by side, which might be fun for someone like you (I have no idea if it's the original old French or modern French, but the English is all modern). You could probably find a similar copy at your local library. Short, but enjoyable reads.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Meredith, I'm not sure if you've read them or not before, but I'm currently reading Chrétien de Troyes' Arthurian romances. I'm currently reading Lancelot, the Knight of the Cart, but will be reading Yvain, the Knight with the Lion later in the semester. I mention this because the text I found at the library had French and English side by side, which might be fun for someone like you (I have no idea if it's the original old French or modern French, but the English is all modern). You could probably find a similar copy at your local library. Short, but enjoyable reads.

Ohh, that sounds neat. I'll look into that. Thanks!
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
magnetic headbot
Laughing Citizen

DRMS_7888 wrote:

I read Knight of the Cart last quarter for comparative literature and there are just some ridiculous images that come into my head whenever i think about that story...probably because I imagined everything in an over-dramatic manner while I was reading it.

Last.fm.etsy.tumblr