Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

We tried this a bit last time, but I think we need to ramp up our modern agedness. What are some cool/viral/crazy things we can do to help draw attention to Eisley's new album?

And no, it's not too early! We gotta plan this stuff now so it can be ready when the album is.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

This has been discussed a little so far (I think):

What really made me excited about Album #2 was seeing all of Boyd's live videos of their new songs. (Like "I Could Be There For You" and "Like the Actors")

If we could get the people going to the Waco show to get really awesome footage of new stuff.... I know I wouldn't be the only one wanting to up the views count of those videos on youtube.

Maybe also posting links to those videos in our statuses on facebook as well. I'm always curious to watch what's behind those links when I see my friends do it.

Probably lame ideas, but I'm trying to get the ball rolling here.

Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

well, here's radiotag page i made at the very end of our phoning radio stations efforts.. it was used almost never. But it worked good those few times, i think.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=33696&start=0

Kim posted these before the last tour! Seems like a good place to start!

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Branding Branding Branding!

get that lowercase e logo up as many places as possible, live it was e for endetta. I know that sounds corny, but recognition of logos and brands really does create awareness. If we are going to play the game, we have to embrace the skills needed.

The color palette is established, so pushing that along is a no brainer, the trick is transposing it to other more recognizable things, to get some "cool by association" jazz. Sort of like how the White Stripes own Red and White outfits in our collective consciousness?

also, if you can't any commercial or TV deals for usage, then make up your own products and shows a' la SNL or Footos (Big Me), and go viral with webisodes & commercials to promote those items backed with Eisley's music. That's something fans can do pretty easy, and there are enough creatives in here to produce an entire series of these vids. Hmmm... I'm cribbin that for personal use too, I know just the project...

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
thismirage
Sea Post King

we can put an eisley shirt on a chimp and like it go wild.
Joined: 20 Dec 2003 | Posts: 380 | Location: San Francisco, Ca
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Unregistered wrote:
well, here's radiotag page i made at the very end of our phoning radio stations efforts.. it was used almost never. But it worked good those few times, i think.

Not here. I called in and requested "Invasion" at least 6 times and they never played it. They Dj always said, "oh, wait until so and so is on, he's really into them, I don't want to play them." pretty much. He was a douche.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
disastertransport
Sea Post King

thismirage wrote:
we can put an eisley shirt on a chimp and like it go wild.

hahaha. not just one chimp cause we would probably need a thousand
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Put up fliers.
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

i think the idea of linking youtube videos to really good live footage of them to our facebook statuses is a really good idea.
i know that whenever a friend of mine puts up a link for a video i always click it. and even if they dont watch it all the way through, it's still upping the view count.
but, hopefully they'll be intrigued and within the first few seconds will like what they're hearing so they'll watch it again and again, and then link it on THEIR fb statuses and tell all their friends, and ask us about Eisley and go out and promote them
haha
i could see that happening.

-Mae West
singsoftly
Golly, Poster

I'm in NYC almost every weekend, so when the time comes, I'd love if someone sent me fliers or something of that nature that I could put up in random spots, but good spots of course

When I fly solo, I fly so high.
pzy
Wookie Luke

I think all the band members should get twitter and update it often. I have had a twitter account for a while but it never really clicked with me until today.

I started following some cool, notable people (Stephen Fry, John Hodgman, Rainn Wilson, Dr Drew, etc) whose minds I'd like to hear little snippets from. Eisley certainly falls into that category - Sherri and Stacy already post status updates on Facebook fairly frequently - I think especially Sherri with her iPhone could make awesome use of Twitter and gain more fans and interact with existing fans (see Lily Allen's twitter).

As long as they updated a lot Smile

leighish
Vintage Newbie

this sounds totally bonkers and all of you are probably going to roll your eyes, but if we could get an endorsement at a site like Perez Hilton, it would lead to a lot of traffic I believe.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
singsoftly
Golly, Poster

leighish wrote:
this sounds totally bonkers and all of you are probably going to roll your eyes, but if we could get an endorsement at a site like Perez Hilton, it would lead to a lot of traffic I believe.

but would it be good traffic? I think it'd be a lot of people who will hear them as a possible 'next big thing' and then a couple months after the cd comes out, that big influx of people will stop and they'll drop off again.

When I fly solo, I fly so high.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

pzykotic wrote:
I think all the band members should get twitter and update it often. I have had a twitter account for a while but it never really clicked with me until today.

I started following some cool, notable people (Stephen Fry, John Hodgman, Rainn Wilson, Dr Drew, etc) whose minds I'd like to hear little snippets from. Eisley certainly falls into that category - Sherri and Stacy already post status updates on Facebook fairly frequently - I think especially Sherri with her iPhone could make awesome use of Twitter and gain more fans and interact with existing fans (see Lily Allen's twitter).

As long as they updated a lot Smile

Imogen Heap does that, too. It's awesome. I love the interaction.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!