Laughing City
redboots
Sea Post King

Kim and all the Dupree's are definitely in my prayers. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

bigideas wrote:

sounds like rec co logic.

funny thought - could you imagine the Polyphonic Spree policy?

though i'm not sure if all those people are 'officially' part of the band or just the main dude.

i wonder how they split the dough for live gigs?

Simply said, the Polyphonic Spree doesn't make any money (obviously). It's a shame, because they make such great, uplifting music and their live shows put all other bands to shame. All the members are usually part of other musical groups or work day jobs. That being said, Annie Clark aka st. vincent, one of the former Polyphonic Spree guitarists and a former member of Sufjan's touring band, has become pretty popular in the indie world.

I'm guessing maybe the people that are officially part of the band are the ones that recorded on the last album? I don't know. Their last label, TVT, just went bankrupt I believe.

(sorry for going off topic here)
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

More prayers for Kim... And all the family, and wishes for strength, peace, faith, and the necessary resources.

I can't imagine. Glad she got into the hospital soon enough that they could do something, but it still sounds serious.

"Officialy" or not, she is big part of one of the relatively few bright lights culturally these days- I hope the people treating her realize how important she is.

Incidentally, and not to skew off topic, but as it came up, Delaughter and his projects are another of the few bright lights, and especially one of the few around here. What he brings to the community, not only with Spree, but also with Good Records (the store and the label) is one of the real oasis in the generally soulless morass that is Dallas. Those not from 'round here perhaps don't realize what an epicenter Good represents for all that is good about music in this region. So go buy a spree album, and an old tripping daisy one as well, along with a couple more Eisley CD's for gifts ('cause everyone here owns all of them already); and order them from good.

Why Eisley and the Duprees, and the Delaughters, seem to struggle materially while others with a lot less integrity don't I don't know. Its really nonsensical. The thought that the Duprees are facing this kind of hardship in circumstances that would be difficult in any event while others whose artistic motives revolve around making a quick buck out of cheap appeals to base proclivities live the high life is all part of the brokenness of the world.

We should all be more intentional about what kind of art we support. Art=ideas=the reality we make for the world.
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

oh my, kim is in my prayers! i hope all goes well.
whatupmyasian
Sea Post King

I hate to find that out after not being here for awhile. I will definitely keep all of you in my prayers especially Kim. I know how it feels to have a loved one go through that. My dad went through the same thing a year ago but he's all good now. I hope you get well soon Kim. We love you!!
kimtastic
Sea Post King

Kim, we are boldly approaching the throne on your behalf.

Boyd and etc. Please let us know if there is anything that we in the extended Eisley realm can do for you all. You are all in our prayers.
Joined: 28 Jul 2007 | Posts: 103 | Location: Borough of the Greens, NC
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

redboots wrote:
(sorry for going off topic here)

Kim will most likely read this thread and the idea of 100 person band trying to figure out how to split profits is a funny one.

Laughter is good medicine.

re: Good - If I'm ever relatively close to it while in Dallas I try and stop there.

mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

how's kim doing??

and as for the polyphonic spree's behind-the-scenes operations....well...let's just say i like sausage, but i won't watch it be made. not everybody is hurting.....

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:
how's kim doing??

and as for the polyphonic spree's behind-the-scenes operations....well...let's just say i like sausage, but i won't watch it be made. not everybody is hurting.....

boyd updated his journal.

i'm not following you on the spree/sausage statement.

Kspice
Golly, Poster

I'm praying for you Kim.
SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

Are there any updates on Kim?
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

SamuraiPunk wrote:
Are there any updates on Kim?

boyd's post has been updated. she was home and taking diabetic meds on the last one i read.

Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Kim, you and the entire Dupree family are in our thoughts and prayers! Love

We're glad you are home and feeling better! Please get well soon!

Sending you our love and best wishes...

-Dan nad Sam

<< prev | goto page