Laughing City
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Yeah! How about Rihanna?...or whatever her stage name is...xD

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

sebas wrote:

she looks like Zooey Deschanel.

She looks like her slutty little sister.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

golly andrew wrote:
sebas wrote:

she looks like Zooey Deschanel.

She looks like her slutty little sister.

You'd really love to slap chop her back to Whore Island wouldn't you?

Laughing

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
jazlyn
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
You are all gonna eat your words when if comes out that Glen Ballard, Max Martin, and Linda Perry are lined up and petitioning WB to produce the next Eisley record! :lol: Probably Timbaland and the Neptunes too! They will "Nelly Furtado" them and there'll be nothing you can do but go post on The Bridges Bulletin Board about how much you hate em' now!

For me it has nothing to do with her being mainstream. It has to do with her not writing her own music, and being developed for years by writers and other people who helped shape her. I just have to wonder how much of what we see is even her.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

jazlyn wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
You are all gonna eat your words when if comes out that Glen Ballard, Max Martin, and Linda Perry are lined up and petitioning WB to produce the next Eisley record! Laughing Probably Timbaland and the Neptunes too! They will "Nelly Furtado" them and there'll be nothing you can do but go post on The Bridges Bulletin Board about how much you hate em' now!

For me it has nothing to do with her being mainstream. It has to do with her not writing her own music, and being developed for years by writers and other people who helped shape her. I just have to wonder how much of what we see is even her.

Those producers are mentioned all are notorious for hand holding artists and either forcing rewrites until they sound like the other stuff they produce, or outright writing the material for the artists and then having them perform it in the said producer's way. They just happen to have all had periods of being very successful in the mainstream at different times. Sooo... My threat hits the nail you find the most piercing square on the head Wink

Your point is valid though, and actually reinforces my attempt and cruel irony, so thanks Very Happy

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
jazlyn
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
jazlyn wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
You are all gonna eat your words when if comes out that Glen Ballard, Max Martin, and Linda Perry are lined up and petitioning WB to produce the next Eisley record! :lol: Probably Timbaland and the Neptunes too! They will "Nelly Furtado" them and there'll be nothing you can do but go post on The Bridges Bulletin Board about how much you hate em' now!

Those producers are mentioned all are notorious for hand holding artists and either forcing rewrites until they sound like the other stuff they produce, or outright writing the material for the artists and then having them perform it in the said producer's way. They just happen to have all had periods of being very successful in the mainstream at different times. Sooo... My threat hits the nail you find the most piercing square on the head :wink:

Your point is valid though, and actually reinforces my attempt and cruel irony, so thanks :D

Haha, okay. I feel a little stupid for not having read the post more carefully to realize your sarcasm...
I just read "you are all gonna eat your words" and the word "Timbaland" and jumped on it. So we agree, yay! :P

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

R.I.F. Very Happy

Glad we're on the same page. Two bulletin board posters with opinions Can' be wrong!

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/92392552/zooey-deschanel-tired-of-be ing-the-bizarro-katy-perry
RockerChick
Sea Post King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ihigvpUgc

Apparently she plays guitar sometimes.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

RockerChick wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4ihigvpUgc

Apparently she plays guitar sometimes.

I think you're thinking of the wrong word.

It's "Unfortunately she plays guitar sometimes."

I'm half way joking, she's not horrible. I just think a lot of pop stars think they'll get more street cred if they pick up an acoustic guitar, but they never do anything incredible on the guitar. I mean, anyone could learn to play like that in a few weeks, if they tried. She should just stick to being tacky.

BNROCKS
Vintage Newbie

I'll put 5 down on Say Anything.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I didn't even know who she was until I googled her. And I remembered that song that she did, and realised why I couldn't placed her - I had blocked that song right out of my head. And there's a good reason for that.

She was on TV earlier presenting a show called "20 female artists you wouldn't mess with". What authority does she have? she's hardly a heavy in the music industry... she was so OTT and acting... she was just annoying me - fortunately there was more music in that program than her actually speaking...

Anywoos, I couldn't think of a more annoying artist for them to tour wi'.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
redandstripey
Sea Post King

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:

She was on TV earlier presenting a show called "20 female artists you wouldn't mess with". What authority does she have? she's hardly a heavy in the music industry... she was so OTT and acting... she was just annoying me

I saw the end of that, she was so irritating.
Joined: 08 Aug 2007 | Posts: 158 | Location: Northern Ireland
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

redandstripey wrote:
mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:

She was on TV earlier presenting a show called "20 female artists you wouldn't mess with". What authority does she have? she's hardly a heavy in the music industry... she was so OTT and acting... she was just annoying me

I saw the end of that, she was so irritating.

That she was... that she was... Thank goodness it was mostly music!

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
I'll put 5 down on Say Anything.

Money in the bank!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>