52%
 52%  [ 20 ]
Combinations
47%
 47%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 38

redboots
Sea Post King

I know there have been many arguments based on which album is better, but this time I am just curious which album has more play counts on your iTunes.

Now, obviously, Room Noises has been out longer than Combinations... so maybe look at them from the last 12 months or a time frame since Combinations (I dont know if this is possible with iTunes, but it's really easy with last.fm so I put that in the thread title).

I personally found Eisley when both records were out, so I just went with total--and for me, Room Noises has about 300 more play counts than Combinations (1,632 vs 1,341).

(if you have another way to do this than last.fm, go for it).

I think numbers are interesting. Feel free to post your actual numbers too... or if you like one album better than the other and the numbers contradict that... or anything else you feel compelled to type.
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

My last.fm claims I've listened to Room Noises more, by a slim margin, but I do a lot of my listening on my iPod while driving, and rarely sync that to last.fm. I think if that were included Combinations would have a pretty decent lead.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Room Noises wins by 100 plays on mine. And I found Eisley about a week before Combinations came out (surprisingly just coincidence, I didn't find them through any promotion for Combinations, it was just random).
osoeloquente
Sea Post King

I found out about Eisley less than a year ago. Last.fm says I play Combinations double what I play Room Noises.
pollyanna87
Sea Post King

I can only go by the last year and a half because that's how long I've been on last.fm, but my Combinations plays have beaten Room Noises by a little over 200. That's only because two years are not accounted for on there. Also, my pre-Combinations plays are higher than my Combinations plays, but that's also counting songs that were not on Room Noises.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

I just reset my last.fm password. Seems that the last time I listened to something that was connected was in September 2007...

I blame the following on the fact that most days I am not anywhere near my laptop, which I only got in late november last year... Eisley albums got put on Christmas time-ish, I reckon. Also, putting CDs on my laptop has let me explore the nether regions of my CD collection.

So please forgive me when I say that the most played track is Many Funerals with a grand total of 6 plays...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

neither. i listen to EPs/demos/bsides more. of course, this is the count off the computer and ipod i've had since college, not the ipod i did most of my room noises listening on. also, i own both on CD and listened extensively on there. so, whatever last.fm says is only from the last few months, when they finally added ipod scrobbling.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Combinations wins by a landslide because I played the hell out of that thing. I can barely stand to listen to it at all anymore. Oops.
Golly, Poster

I think for me Room Noises would be higher. I listened to both albums a lot when they came out, but I would mostly listen to Combinations on cd back then. So my "digital" play count is probably way down.
Arex
Sea Post King

My Room Noises play counts double my Combinations play counts. Old/new b-sides are slightly higher in play counts than Combinations.
Joined: 24 May 2008 | Posts: 38 | Location: Midlothian/Denton, Tx
Kirk
Sea Post King

721 Room Noises + 103 for the Laughing City version of "Telescope Eyes"*
474 Combinations + 25 for "Like the Actors" from the B-side

*I figure this is worth nothing because without it, I would have listened to the Room Noises version more than the 58 times I did.
Joined: 05 Jul 2003 | Posts: 374 | Location: Seattle, Washington
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lace face
Sea Post King

Combinations has a bigger playcount because i had Room Noises before i got itunes so it was always in my stereo.... But if were talking non itunes Room Noises wins. But also because Room Noises is older so its had time to collect.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Room Noises by about 5 to 1 over Combinations.
Makese sense, because it's about 5 times better.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Room noises- by a long shot. No contest. Measured per year, per month, or per week.
They don't get playcounts- but the ep's, b-sides, etc are > room noises. For some reason, a lot of the really best stuff never made the albums... A bit inconvenient, but... Go figure. Luckily its all pretty accessible.