Laughing City

What is the best Era for Eisley?...so far...
Old B-sides
10%
 10%  [ 8 ]
Laughing City/Marvelous Things EPs
40%
 40%  [ 31 ]
Room Noises
35%
 35%  [ 27 ]
Combinations
13%
 13%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 76

GoshDarnit
Sea Post King

I like Room Noises the best and I only started listening to them around a year ago...but that's probably because Marvelous Things made me into them, though technically it was the EP version I heard. Honestly the first song I sort of listened to was Invasion on youtube and that turned me off from them for a few months before I gave them a second listening to.
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Ok they have some pretty damned awesome stuff on there newest album, but I'm in love with their older songs Smile I love their older stuff because it's more indie than alternative, and their newer stuff is more alternative. IDK It is alot less mature than their newest songs, but it is still nice.

I know their new full-length is going to be awesome and I'm gonna love it based on the previews *puts her thumbs up/grins*

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Last edited by lookingXglass on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

old pre-signed would be my favorite, and the first song I heard was off of Room Noises.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Room Noises, but I'm anxiously awaiting the 'new' era! Smile
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

I'm gonna say Room Noises. I joined after Combinations had come out though, but I remember listening to invasion and anxiously awaiting Combinations and lurking here, which is a heck of a long time to lurk without joining...almost a year. I'm a creeper. I don't know where I fit in then.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Yes, each era had it's own special thing going on, but I picked the EP era (or EP/Room Noises, the songs that came just before and during that time) as those were the songs that I connected with and listening back, still get amazed over now.

Hearing the few people who apparently heard some previews, it sounds like the new songs will still be awesome. I guess we will see!
sharpenedminttea
Sea Post King

I love all of the eras, but I'd probably have to stick with the Room Noises era and the EP era, mostly because that's when I first heard of them and really good memories come with those times Very Happy

However, I really enjoy Combinations and can't wait for the new LP

lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

I voted for the RN era. I saw them the first time in late 2003, but didn't really become a fan until much later, after RN had been released. I think my pick doesn't really reflect which album I like better (since I can never decide), just when I became a fan and saw them live a few times.
lace face
Sea Post King

For me it started with the Eps but i didn't like them as much till the full length. But i think there hasn't been a bad era yet. I would have voted for all of them but my vote went to Room Noises just because thats where it started. Combinations is still good and could of been better with a little more help from warner bros i think...
drenchedecent
Sea Post King

As a 32-year-old who became an Eisley fan 7 years ago, I declare their best era to be the PRESENT. I saw them in concert for the first time in 2002 and loved it, but they have improved dramatically.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

drenchedecent wrote:
As a 32-year-old who became an Eisley fan 7 years ago, I declare their best era to be the PRESENT. I saw them in concert for the first time in 2002 and loved it, but they have improved dramatically.

Hate get off topic, but what's this on your blog about a SDRE reunion... Do you know anything that elevates this above rumor status???

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

It's between Combinations and Room Noises.

Room Noises remains one of my favourite albums. Combinations is very good, but RM was the second album I ever truly fell in love with - a couple of months after Midlake's Bamnam. I could say that it holds more sentimental value than Combinations, because it does, but I find it also to be a more powerful album both musically and lyrically.

So RN gets my vote for "favourite", but was it their "best" era in total? Touringwise, I can't speak for the US, but they toured the UK before Combinations era took off. True, it wasn't headlining, and it was with Taking Back Sunday and Hellogoodbye, but it was still good exposure. Possibly better exposure than the two teeny-tiny shows that came one week after Combinations.

It's difficult to say which show was the best. First time round, 2006, RN, I was just super pumped to see them, so that no doubt enhanced my experience of the gig. All three times I've seen them they were outstanding. I'm sure Stacy said some hilarious things in Glasgow but the sound was skanky, but in London in 2007 they were hysterical both nights on the Combinations era. (Especially with regard to the Distortion Squat...oh man, good times, good times)...

But they also played with Angels and Airwaves on that "tour", and Reading... or was it V... I'm thinking it was Reading, 'cause Reading's nearer London that V is...

So RN is my favourite era, but I Combinations gets my vote as far as general quality of the experience of the band, as in - it was the best era for the band in terms of album and tour!

TheAntrider wrote:
(I'm qualified! I've heard new songs ... and everyone will soon)

and so the Jamie-tantalises-everyone-pre-next-release begins...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
Arex
Sea Post King

I prefer Room Noises and its b-sides over Combinations. Not to take anything away from Combinations because I absolutely love it Smile
Joined: 24 May 2008 | Posts: 38 | Location: Midlothian/Denton, Tx
drew8890
Sea Post King

I chose B-sides era just because I didn't know all of those songs existed until way after I had intensely listened out Combinations and Room Noises and they completely floored me... but I'd say right now. Those fifteen second clips of songs from the rosewood sessions are killing me.
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

i chose EPs, but i have to say that the girls' voices have improved so much since then that I can't wait for new material!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>