Laughing City
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

KH Vandread wrote:
osoeloquente wrote:
I hear "I'll buy you a diamond if you want me to" instead of "about you ____"

Yup, that's what's she's saying.

Also, instead of "There is no crying, there is no crying and you and I were meant to live our dreams," I hear "there is no crime." There a definite m sound there, at least on the second part.

EDIT:

Here's what I can get out of the rest:

Oh, this is just what we need
and this is finally for real
I guess we never wanted anything else
I guess we never wanted anything
And you were right to let me be

EDIT 2:

Now for Smarter:

If I had one wish, it'd be for you and all your friends who didn't like me
If I had one wish, it'd be that we'd have danced more if I'd have popped her full of lead
If I sound deadly, I'm sorry but I can't hold I've been crying for so long
If you went to bed with me, well come on
I'm smiling now 'cause it's smarter than you think

I'm pretty doubtful of that bold line though, and after the first verse, I can only make out a few parts of it so i'll wait to figure out the rest before posting again.

i heard if i sound angry
instead of if i sound deadly

yeah but i definitely hear 'crime' as opposed to crying
and i thought it was 'you were wrong to let me be' instead of right.

-Mae West
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

bigideas wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:
bigideas wrote:
i wonder who will play Max's part on tour?

Sherri.

if Sherri was going to then you would think she would have that night.

maybe she will play guitar but a less agressive style of playing as i don't think i've seen her play any kind of riff heavy thing live.

she said she didn't know the guitar part yet since max probably came up with it.
but yeah she'll probably play a less aggressive style of it
i'm interested to see how she'll play it, though

-Mae West
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:
bigideas wrote:
i wonder who will play Max's part on tour?

Sherri.

if Sherri was going to then you would think she would have that night.

maybe she will play guitar but a less agressive style of playing as i don't think i've seen her play any kind of riff heavy thing live.

Well, from what I remember her saying, she had Max play it that night since he knew it better than the rest did.

And because he's cute.
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

ok, i am officially hooked on "smarter." anyone made mp3s yet? (is that allowed?) i want this on my ipod asap. i love the heavy sound. the girls' voices are just beautiful over the guitar. i'm nervous how this will translate into a recorded version.
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

dont_panic wrote:
ok, i am officially hooked on "smarter." anyone made mp3s yet? (is that allowed?) i want this on my ipod asap. i love the heavy sound. the girls' voices are just beautiful over the guitar. i'm nervous how this will translate into a recorded version.

Yeah, actually, I converted Boyd's video last night. Hang on and I'll upload it and Be Kind.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

dont_panic wrote:

They should seriously consider taking tracks right off the soundboard at live performances, and putting them on the album with minimal production. Cheap Trick Live at Budokan, anyone? Turned an okay band (in the studio) into superstars (live). The basic formula is cram as many diehards into as little space as possible, crank it up, and play it hard. That would be my vision for Eisley, similar to Cheap Trick but with their own unique sound. But of course it's all been said before, to no avail.

My favorite review of Cheap Trick at Budokan as follows:

"Playing gigs in Japan, Cheap Trick were overwhelmed by the strength of the audience reaction to their illustrious brand of cheap and tricky heavy rock. So overwhelmed that they wired their manager to send for a mobile recorder.

This "two pretty boys/two weirdos" band are masters of crowd control and tease their audience into ecstasy. Continuous play CD suits the well-structured live performance with its intro, its build ups, set pieces (a stunning heavy metal version of the Fats Domino standard "Ain't That a Shame"), farewell and encore ("Clock Strikes Ten"). The two sides of the LP are enshrined on the CD retaining the fade down between the two "sides."

The sound from vinyl was atmospheric but failed to dig into the swirling, distorted guitars and almost continuous audience reaction. Compact Disc builds up a solid wall of sound and packs menace into Bun E. Carlos' power drumming and the slab-like guitar chords. Pure excitement captured in an acrylic and aluminum sandwich!

- David Prakel, Rock 'n' Roll on Compact Disc, 1987"
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

lace face
Sea Post King

boyd
Eisleyoid

The plan is for Sherri to play the part. Her and Chauntelle might switch or write hybrid parts to cover it. Chauntelle was playing some rocking guitar parts too... it's just - eyes were probably on Max. Honestly, it's not like anyone is 'shredding'... but i understand the questioning. It's been the topic around here too. The album track is rocking.

Mark is mixing digital tracks grabbed from F.O.H. Perhaps we'll get something slightly better. Not sure if it's worth the effort. Again, the band doesn't like the live performance and was pretty upset. They're probably rather the clips weren't even up. There were no mistakes in rehearsal. They had these songs down. But... you guys have literally rebuilt their crushed feelings w/ your kind comments.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

boyd wrote:

Mark is mixing digital tracks grabbed from F.O.H. Perhaps we'll get something slightly better. Not sure if it's worth the effort. Again, the band doesn't like the live performance and was pretty upset. They're probably rather the clips weren't even up. There were no mistakes in rehearsal. They had these songs down. But... you guys have literally rebuilt their crushed feelings w/ your kind comments.

aww, Boyd, it's the first time they played it live!
The band really doesn't give themselves enough credit...
yeah, maybe it was rough, but we all knew it would be,
and love-it-to-death regardless. Smile
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:
The album track is rocking.

You're killin' me Smalls.

boyd wrote:
Again, the band doesn't like the live performance and was pretty upset. They're probably rather the clips weren't even up. There were no mistakes in rehearsal. They had these songs down. But... you guys have literally rebuilt their crushed feelings w/ your kind comments.

Well, I've said it a couple times before and I'll say it again, it's fine. Actually, their performances of Be Kind and Smarter were fantastic; the only thing they'd really need to feel down about were all the tech issues at the beginning. Really, even then, those seem kinda minor now that I look back at them, at least to me anyway.

If they ever feel down about anything, they know they can come here for support from the fans. Hell, if your fans aren't terribly upset with you, you shouldn't let yourself get dragged down too much by it, you know? If you want to make up for it, just keep getting better; that's all you have to do.
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

I really like them both, but I think I'm in the "Be Kind" camp, if I have to pick a favorite.
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

lessthaninfinite wrote:
I really like them both, but I think I'm in the "Be Kind" camp, if I have to pick a favorite.

+100

i always enjoy quiet things over loud ones Laughing
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

princesstripandfall wrote:
lessthaninfinite wrote:

+100

i always enjoy quiet things over loud ones Laughing

Same, and for some reason I've always been partial to the songs in which Stacy sings more.

Caley
Lost at Forum

Okay, I've watched the Smarter clip Boyd posted about five times now... and it's making me soooooooooooo (overkill is necessary here) stoked for the eventual tour that is going to come before the year is over! (Yes? Please? If the album is finished?) It's going to be a song that will have the audience going wild -- for an Eisley audience, that is. People won't just be singing... they'll be dancing/bobbing/bouncing/rocking/what have you!

And I thought I was excited about Peaches' and Jenny Lewis' dates in June! Pshhhhhhh.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>