Laughing City
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

So Combinations era. We discussed the pros and cons of listening to the little studio clips, and live tracks, etc etc. before the album actually released.
I personally loved Room Noises so much, that I couldn't wait to hear the new stuff. I heard it all from beginning to end-demo to album, and all the in-betweens....

But this time it will be different. I'm not going to listen to the new stuff. Until the album is nicely packaged in a little Sherri-art covered case, I don't intend to listen.

So, who's with me? Cool

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The5thavocado wrote:
So Combinations era. We discussed the pros and cons of listening to the little studio clips, and live tracks, etc etc. before the album actually released.
I personally loved Room Noises so much, that I couldn't wait to hear the new stuff. I heard it all from beginning to end-demo to album, and all the in-betweens....

But this time it will be different. I'm not going to listen to the new stuff. Until the album is nicely packaged in a little Sherri-art covered case, I don't intend to listen.

So, who's with me? Cool

You're on your own as far as I'm concerned, have fun though Razz

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I've already blown that, badly. Laughing

Not a bad idea, though.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Catey
Lost at Forum

I failed that as soon as I had Be Kind and Smarter on my iPod (the live rips obviously)
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Catey wrote:
I failed that as soon as I had Be Kind and Smarter on my iPod (the live rips obviously)
I was seriously not going to listen to any of the new stuff but then the videos of those two songs were posted and I apparently lack will power. Of course, we don't know if those songs will actually make the album so maybe I'm still on track.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I wasn't going to listen this time either, but I'm just so starved for new stuff, I can't help it! Embarassed Smile
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, I think you're by yourself. I'm not waiting either. Especially if Ambulance is played tomorrow night and a video of it is put up. There's no way I'm not listening to that song or any other new ones, for that matter. Haha, I'm just too eager.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

uhhm...I'm sorry , but there is no way I could ever survive the wait without listening to studio clips and what not Smile Good luck!

Anyway, I've already listened to both the studio clips and watched them playing Be Kind and Smarter live lol And I have every intention of watching tomorrow's acoustic show if/when it gets put up on youtube

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

that would mean you wouldn't get to hear Lost at Sea demo/Boyd video - i believe he put that out before - until after RN came out.

p.s. 5th your 'writings' link doesn't seem to work.

mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

The5thavocado wrote:

So, who's with me? Cool

*raises hand*

MEEEEE!!

I made the mistake of listening to all the versions of Combinations before the release. Although this was unavoidable when I went to see them live...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
lace face
Sea Post King

I failed when i watched the Eiswood clips and watched vids of the new songs...I an too excited to not look, watch and listen. Sorry
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

So far I am holding up. I started to listen to "Smarter" I think, but I didn't actually pay attention to it as I was doing something else at the time. So really I haven't heard a thing.

Once I get a nice shiny new copy of the EP, I'll go back and listen to the songs and compare.

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
lace face
Sea Post King

rockchick1959 wrote:
So far I am holding up. I started to listen to "Smarter" I think, but I didn't actually pay attention to it as I was doing something else at the time. So really I haven't heard a thing.

Once I get a nice shiny new copy of the EP, I'll go back and listen to the songs and compare.

What ep, they are workin on the album... i don't think there is going to be an ep until atleast after the record comes out
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

lace face wrote:
rockchick1959 wrote:

What ep, they are workin on the album... i don't think there is going to be an ep until atleast after the record comes out

My bad, I meant to type LP but I wasnt thinking.

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
Arex
Sea Post King

Yep, you're floatin in a lonely boat...

I saw them at Baylor and yesterday at BrewTones, so I have been spoiled with the two new songs. Ha.

On a side note: The new bridge in "Smarter" was sooo good. I can't wait to hear the final cut!
Joined: 24 May 2008 | Posts: 38 | Location: Midlothian/Denton, Tx