Laughing City
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Pantheon4 wrote:
inorbit wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
Isn't The Door the former Gypsy Team Room? I thought that was pretty spacious, though I haven't been there since they changed over.

Also, anyone thinking of skipping this tour should also consider that it's usually easier to actually meet the band when they aren't headlining. Dunno if that'll hold true on this tour, but that's how it's gone in the past. Maybe that's appealing, maybe it's not, but I thought I'd mention it. Smile

Yeah, thats right... It moved in there about two years ago.. And painted it black...
Its an OK sized place- bigger than the original Door, but nothing like the size of HOB.

Gypsy was such a classic place- its a real tragedy... that its now the Door is kind of insult to injury. The cruel Irony is that I think the Gypsy was the first (and only for a long time) place I saw Eisley!

Personally, trying to meet the band is a complete non-issue. I'm sure they're all very nice, but I go to shows to listen to music.

Still gonna be packed w/ 14yo emo-wannabe say anything fans...

Perfect opportunity to teach them a lesson when they inevitably start to mosh.

I thought they just stood around crying and hugging each other.

Besides, I can just see the tears and fingers pointing from the line of escalades and RX's outside when all the mommies come to take them home to Copell and Southlake... "it was that guy"... You'd get sued by about five of 'em.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

vivalaspopie wrote:
Yeah, since I'll be off at school I will probably go to The Door show and peace out before Say Anything comes on. It will be weird going to an Eisley concert alone, though. I'm normally with a pack of 15-20.

Don't worry I bet by the time the show comes here you'll have a gaggle of new friends... I don't recall spending a lot of time alone my freshman year of college, anyway. You'll probably still be showing up with 15-20 people. Especially if you live in the dorms freshman year.

You're probably going off to SMU then?
I didn't go there, but its known for being a pretty social place.
(In fact, I see more of their social life than I'd like... one of their fraternities has taken over a couple of rented McMansions that were built in my neighborhood during the boom and then didn't sell- so much for a peaceful neighborhood).
Lost Account 14105
Sea Post King

Let's keep the Say Anything bashing out of this thread and focus on the tour.

Thanks.
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
Yeah, since I'll be off at school I will probably go to The Door show and peace out before Say Anything comes on. It will be weird going to an Eisley concert alone, though. I'm normally with a pack of 15-20.

Don't worry I bet by the time the show comes here you'll have a gaggle of new friends... I don't recall spending a lot of time alone my freshman year of college, anyway. You'll probably still be showing up with 15-20 people. Especially if you live in the dorms freshman year.

(In fact, I see more of their social life than I'd like... one of their fraternities has taken over a couple of rented McMansions that were built in my neighborhood during the boom and then didn't sell- so much for a peaceful neighborhood).

Ha, actually it will be my sophomore year and I'm going to Austin College in Sherman. I just don't have a lot of friends up there that are into Eisley.

Protocol Droid

eisley-nico wrote:

Thanks.

That's a reflex around here, so that's going to happen some. Smile

But there are plenty of Say Anything fans around. Actually, I learned about the band a few years back because of fans on this forum. Personally, I enjoy getting to check out other bands when I see Eisley. Even if I don't like the music sometimes, they're all usually good live performers, and there are plenty of people to meet otherwise.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Will the Garage Band demo be of one of the album tracks or something from..................The Baby?

Lady Get Away (Timbaland remix) will be the club hit of the later half of the year...

Also - the band has such great sense of humor that i really wish they'd do a film of some type, if even a crappily made straight to You Tube short.

p.s. some of you cool boardies are going to have to buy extra copies for the folks that don't go. Wink

Last edited by bigideas on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
lace face
Sea Post King

eisley-nico wrote:

Thanks.

I agree, Say Anything is a great band and what does it matter if 14/15 like say anything?? I was twelve when i discovered them and am close to 17 now??
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

i enjoyed Max's whole set at brewtones! Im excited to learn more about the band and hear their wholeband songs even if some of it bothers me! It's going to ROCK! Very Happy
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I hope they play "I have a girlfriend now". Badass song TBQH.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

I wonder how big the Say Anything fanbase in Houston is. The only time I've seen them is at Warped, where there were a million people, regardless of who was playing.

I know I'm not gonna have money for tickets when the pre-sale starts, and I honestly don't know how fast tickets will sell out with SA being on the bill.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

vivalaspopie wrote:
inorbit wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:

Ha, actually it will be my sophomore year and I'm going to Austin College in Sherman. I just don't have a lot of friends up there that are into Eisley.

So much for assumptions... and you've got the added challenge of finding people up for the trek down 75. I'm sure you'll be able to coerce someone, though.
mykatjim
Sea Post King

sorta tour related...

the dallas observer music blog did a tiny mention of the eisley video. i thought that was cool.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2009/08/eisley_announces_upcoming_ tour.php
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOB Anaheim is the first stop!!!! I live 15 minutes away!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hec YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

emilytheanteater wrote:
WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOB Anaheim is the first stop!!!! I live 15 minutes away!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hec YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! I'm from the same area they are, and I still don't get that short of a trip to their shows. Laughing

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
emilytheanteater wrote:
WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! I'm from the same area they are, and I still don't get that short of a trip to their shows. Laughing

The Portland show is about 15 minutes from my house, as well. Actually, when I saw Metric there in June I forgot my tickets and we had to drive back to get them. Minor inconvenience, but no big deal since we were early, haha.

But I'll be driving 3 hours the next day to catch Eisley's Seattle show also. Road trips are more fun anyway.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>