Laughing City
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I bought the Laughing City EP without hearing anything on it beforehand because the band intrigued me, so the first song I heard was "I Wasn't Prepared".

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Congratulations
Sea Post King

I first heard the girls playing Lost at Sea at Studio UGO on YouTube. I was totally hooked after that.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Congratulations wrote:
I first heard the girls playing Lost at Sea at Studio UGO on YouTube. I was totally hooked after that.

That UGO voting thing is what got me to join the forum here. Where did Admiral79 go? Haven't heard from him in a long time. He was the leader of the UGO effort. But I started listening to Eisley when the Yahoo Music new artist voting thing was going on for Telescope Eyes.
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

A Texan friend of mine sent me I Wasn't Prepared through AOL IM and I thought about how clueless she is to think I would like this. Then I kept listening to it and found myself downloading Room Noises and I was hooked. So really, I was introduced to Eisley through piracy(For the record, I have bought every EP and LP Eisley has put out at this point).
eisleyfan14203
Sea Post King

My first time was when I was listening to Green Day on yahoo launch music. after their music video played I heard Eisley come on and was like "what the hell is this lame band? this songs boring" and then a few music videos later it popped up again so I closed it out then the next day after watching a video marvelous things came on AGAIN so I listened to it all and liked it. I then got online and found a few more of their songs then bought room noises a few weeks later and was totally in love. now here I am today with a tattoo of the band logo on my leg, obsessing over them on the forum haha. its so funny to think i hated Marvelous things at first when I heard it. After that my music selections changed from green day, afi, three days grace to eisley, regina spektor, radiohead, jeremy eignk... Eisley changed my life for real.

follow me Smile
plentypine
Sea Post King

I read about them in Teen Vogue I think around 2004ish. And I also heard a lot about them online so I downloaded a couple songs. I think Telescope Eyes, Marvy Things and Tree Tops. Somethin' like that.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Chicken wire radio

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

there was a photo link to them on myspace back in '04 and I thought "that girl has cool hair" (it was sherri's short faux hawk) - I clicked and the first song that played was "Telescope Eyes".
I rushed out to buy the album only to find it wouldnt come out for another 6 weeks. i was glued to their myspace back then...

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

I ad AOL music on demand back about 2 and a half years ago when COmbinations came out and I was watching the music video for Invasion that my sister had put on...I loved it! So I looked them up on youtube and listened to live acoustic performances of Memories and Marvelous Things and loved those too Smile I don't know hwo, but I becamse obsessed witht hem somewhere along the line I guess because of how friendly and open they are and their music.

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
StuartBuck
Sea Post King

I can't remember the precise song; I was in a Barnes and Noble in early 2005, and they happened to be playing Room Noises. I loved the sound, and asked someone what they were playing.
lobster_pirate
Golly, Poster

§ memories, from the cd room noises, in my car, in 2005... picked it up at warner bros in burbank, ca... it said on the case that they had toured with cold, or snow patrol, or muse... thought, if they were good enough to play with them, then i have to have their cd Razz... §
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

'Brightly wound,' in 2005! Just happened to be having coffee at Barnes and Noble, when they played it! Smile
shell_843
Sea Post King

thismirage wrote:
whatever song was playing on Mtv You hear it first!
same. they played clips of several songs.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Marvelous Things on Yahoo Launch.
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I bought the Laughing City EP without hearing anything on it beforehand because the band intrigued me, so the first song I heard was "I Wasn't Prepared".

Almost this exact same thing.