Laughing City
Catey
Lost at Forum

All I'm saying is boooooooo.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
gundamit
Golly, Poster

uncreative wrote:
I will go if Eisley is opening for Hannah-freaking-Montana.
You get my flexible fan award if you stay for the entire show.

Nice summation of the interesting part of the thread by CUBSWINWORLDSERIES before it derailed and I planted my face in my keyboard. Its no ones fault but my own that the forum's deep music history knowledge is wasted on a philistine like myself. Laughing

If nothing else the tour will give Eisely a chance to dust themselves off, pre-promote the new album and have themselves in shape for the headline tour that will launch in 2010. If things click between the respective fan bases, that will just be a bonus.

Laughing Citizen

gundamit wrote:
uncreative wrote:
I will go if Eisley is opening for Hannah-freaking-Montana.
You get my flexible fan award if you stay for the entire show.

Nice summation of the interesting part of the thread by CUBSWINWORLDSERIES before it derailed and I planted my face in my keyboard. Its no ones fault but my own that the forum's deep music history knowledge is wasted on a philistine like myself. Laughing

If nothing else the tour will give Eisely a chance to dust themselves off, pre-promote the new album and have themselves in shape for the headline tour that will launch in 2010. If things click between the respective fan bases, that will just be a bonus.

That is actually a good point- it will offset the bands natural propensity to go out on tour without having done their homework and flub the first few sets. If they flub a couple of sets in front of a few say-anything fans (and a few of us, for that matter)... well... who cares. Only the most dedicated of Eisley fans will brave a say anything show (whether they stay or not) to catch Eisley.... and they'll think the flubs are charming. By the time they go out headlining and its for keeps, they'll actually be rehearsed!
Last edited by inorbit on Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:16 am; edited 4 times in total
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

princesstripandfall wrote:
what's Emo's like? never been.
I love Warehouse Live,
but probably have to go to Austin.

Speak of Emo's with respect. Its legendary. You should to go to emos- especially those accustomed to sterile, corporate HOB-style venues.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Emo's is a dive. ha ha. But it's an awesome dive. It's definitely legendary, and in spite of some of the nice stuff HOB has, Emo's is much better. HOB is just evil.

I saw Eisley play Emo's in 2003. It was a tad underlit (for my tastes), but a very fun show.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lace face
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
Emo's is a dive. ha ha. But it's an awesome dive. It's definitely legendary, and in spite of some of the nice stuff HOB has, Emo's is much better. HOB is just evil.

I saw Eisley play Emo's in 2003. It was a tad underlit (for my tastes), but a very fun show.

Ha yah Emo's is cool, thats where I am seeing them at. I have seen about 10 shows there but la zona rosa is way better. I have never been to a hob, but then I again i live in Austin...Plus Emos is on the even more legendary 6th street.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

lace face wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:

Ha yah Emo's is cool, thats where I am seeing them at. I have seen about 10 shows there but la zona rosa is way better. I have never been to a hob, but then I again i live in Austin...Plus Emos is on the even more legendary 6th street.

red river >>>>> 6th st. Any day.
The purpose of 6th st. is to deflect the fraternity/yuppy/tourist dross and keep them off of red river and other places. Least it was when I was spending more time down there.

... if you are of age, you should go hang out at Club de Ville after the show-
Best patio anywhere. Be very wary of the zombies and LIIT's, though. The driver can taste someone else's- at most.
woman4life
Golly, Poster

Tickets for the Salt Lake show go on sale tomorrow at 1 p.m.
I noticed that it is Say Anything, Bayside and Eisley. A strange combo to be sure, but I didn't think Eisley and Mute Math had much in common except the label and it was one of my favorite shows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

woman4life wrote:
Tickets for the Salt Lake show go on sale tomorrow at 1 p.m.
I noticed that it is Say Anything, Bayside and Eisley. A strange combo to be sure, but I didn't think Eisley and Mute Math had much in common except the label and it was one of my favorite shows.

Plus Moneen and Moving Mountains. long show it seems!
I'll probably get mine tomorrow through 24tix.com

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
trippin
Sea Post King

The non presale for the San Francisco show went on sale.
www.slims-sf.com

Anyone that missed out on the presale (like me), now can purchase a ticket for $17.00.

Slims is a really good venue to see the band.
Joined: 01 May 2005 | Posts: 67 | Location: Palo Alto, California
Dat
Golly, Poster

trippin wrote:
The non presale for the San Francisco show went on sale.
www.slims-sf.com

Anyone that missed out on the presale (like me), now can purchase a ticket for $17.00.

Slims is a really good venue to see the band.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be there. Such good memories of seeing Eisley there in 2005.

Joined: 15 Jun 2005 | Posts: 578 | Location: San Francisco, CA
eisleyfan14203
Sea Post King

I wanted to wait till I got paid to buy my tickets for the Houston show at warehouse live and now they are sold out Sad Does anyone know how I can get some? Are they going to release more tickets or anything? I reaallly want to go.

follow me Smile
alinicole
Sea Post King

eisleyfan14203 wrote:
I wanted to wait till I got paid to buy my tickets for the Houston show at warehouse live and now they are sold out Sad Does anyone know how I can get some? Are they going to release more tickets or anything? I reaallly want to go.

Doesn't look like it's sold out?

http://warehouselive.frontgatetickets.com/choose.php?pl=728&lid=35422

norad
Vintage Newbie

My dad got his ticket to the MO show.
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

I have no idea why I'm asking, because I know the answer but.... Confused

I saw Say Anything and some of the other opening bands added at date at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (aka IUP).

ANY chance Eisley will be joining the others with this show??

Seeing that they weren't listed in Say Anything's lineup though the others were, I'm guessing no, but that would be amazing to be able to make this tour.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>