Laughing City

Do you feel uninvolved with the new album?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
It feels the same
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 35

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I hate not knowing what's going on. When was the last time we actually got an update? I'm not trying to nag. It's just so weird that they're so busy right now and not updating because it makes it feel like nothing is going on. Maybe I'm just stupid but they made it seem like they would have more videos of them in the studio than last time around and I feel like they've kept us in the dark for a really long time. What do you think?

I'm not getting onto them, I'm just curious if anyone else feels out of the loop as much as I do.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Most people on this forum aren't in the band, and most people on this forum aren't friends of the band. Any inside info the band chooses to give to it's fans is a privilege, not some sort of unspoken agreement.

Creativity needs room to breathe, or it will find itself swaying to excessive external influence.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
Last edited by DRMS_7888 on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Did you check the journals + Myspace + Twitter? But as for involved or not involved, how involved do you really want to be? It's an album. Despite the welcoming Eisley vibe, we are not all DuPrees around here. I would guess Boyd is trying to make some money with his time (as this decade long Eisley project is a net money drain).

___
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I wasn't following them leading up to Combinations, but I was reading Boyd's posts when they were in LA for Room Noises, and that was pre-twitter. With twitter, he and Sherri have been pretty involved with the fans via direct responses.

I would credit some of it to: 1 major health scare, 3 weddings, 1 tour, 2 management changes (I think), Fending off Robbers, selling old gear and getting endorsements with the new gear.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
boone
Vintage Newbie

I don't mind not knowing a whole bunch about it. I've pretty much ignored most of the news about this one. In this age where information is available everywhere and everything is getting leaked, I like a genuine, didn't-even-see-it-coming surprise. I don't like being teased about things, generally.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jared x
Lost at Forum

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Any inside info the band chooses to give to it's fans is a privilege,

This.

They spoil us sometimes as it is. As long as they keep making albums, I'll be happy.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Yeah, they are definitely insanely busy. But also, unfortunately, sharing that stuff usually seems to aid disappointment in some people. Sometimes a little mystery is a good way to diffuse overgrown expectations, so that's the route I think they are taking this time.

That said, the recording stage is done, and touring is about to go down. So, I think we're about to get a good shot of news from the road. Smile

P.S. Also agree about the privilege thing. Especially I know just how busy Boyd is. Shocked It's awesome even get 140-character bits of news.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I wasn't dogging on them. I was just wondering if I was justified in feeling like this. I understand the twitter thing, but honestly, a lot of their tweets had nothing to do with the album. Some of them would say they're going to the studio on a certain day, but not much more than that. I do like not knowing what the new album is going to be like, the air of mystery is pretty sweet, however, I feel like I'm going insane because of it.

I know it's a privilege and I should be grateful for what info we do get, but it seems like everything is being kept very "hush hush" until the last second this time around. I know they're extremely busy with wedding plans, mixing/mastering/finishing touches on the record, going on tour in a month and all of those other things.

I know that the album isn't coming out for a while but all I really know about it are a few song titles and that's it. It makes me excited that they have a huge suprise coming for us, but last time, we were much more involved. Honestly, thinking back on it, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, cause that's kind of how I figured it'd be this time. Hmm... expectations. Smile

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I wouldn't say you're justified, but I understand where you're coming from. We've been spoiled in the past.

Maybe I've grown out of the part of my life where I can obsess constantly over a single band (except ZOMG Radiohead!!1!), but I actually really like not having any idea what's going on with the new album. If they're too busy making the thing to post updates about it, they're probably putting everything they've got into making it awesome. Keep us in the dark, Eisley, if that's what it takes to create something amazing.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I wouldn't say you're justified, but I understand where you're coming from. We've been spoiled in the past.

Maybe I've grown out of the part of my life where I can obsess constantly over a single band (except ZOMG Radiohead!!1!), but I actually really like not having any idea what's going on with the new album. If they're too busy making the thing to post updates about it, they're probably putting everything they've got into making it awesome. Keep us in the dark, Eisley, if that's what it takes to create something amazing.

Oh, it's not that all of my focus is on one band, it's that I'm really stoked for their new music. I always tend to look forward to the artist/band who are closest to having new stuff come out.

I agree with you, though. I didn't think about it in that light though, I would rather them put all of their time and efforts into their music than updating us on their music.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

Last edited by The_Paronomasial_Mattoid on Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I feel about the flow of information as I do about their music. Whatever they do is perfect, because it's perfectly EISLEY!
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

You know what, I do get what you originally meant, The_Paronomasial_Mattoid. Things seem mum this time around when it comes to the recording process and just in general.

I also see what they may be doing (on purpose, or not) with limited information. Boyd may have even said this in Trolleywood a few months/weeks ago. With having too much information, too early, imaginations run wild and it leads to preventable disappointment.

Twitter/facebook/quick online outlets allow for fast replies (for those who uses those outlets), and many bands are moving towards that. I have to say, personally it kinda makes me feel LESS connected and on top of things...That's probably more my problem, than theirs, but you know... Razz

Nothing stays the same I guess. Confused But I have a feeling that even though the wait is hard, having everything brand new and like a surprise, it will be well worth it!
RachelDldy
Sea Post King

I love the videos they've posted and I stay "connected" via Twitter Wink
nico
Sea Post King

The funny thing about recording/tour/ep-prep is that it isn't excitement all the time, weeks go by and nothing happens.

That being said, @The_Paronomasial_Mattoid, what more can we be doing? We're working really hard to be as transparent about everything as possible but if we're missing anything please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Joined: 23 Jul 2007 | Posts: 55 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

...um...
I'm guessing that is because you, like most of us, ARE uninvolved. Just like the folks from Eisley are uninvolved in how I spent my day at work today.
If you wanna be involved in album making and touring, recommend starting your own band.

If you just want to vicariously FEEL involved, get a tennis racket and a mirror, put on some Eisley, and pretend you're in the band.