Laughing City
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

I've been curious for a while now, to anyone who has been there, what do you think of the Emo's venue? I haven't been to a concert there myself, but I have heard nothing but bad things from anyone I've talked to about it. From what I have been told and read, it smells awful, the floor is lined with sticky, stale beer, has one of the nastiest bathrooms in the city and has support columns blocking the view of the stage. Now, I'd hate to condemn a place I've yet to go, but if the only thing Emo's has going for it is some "charm," I think I'd rather drive all the way to Houston or Dallas in order to have a more enjoyable experience.

So, is Emo's really that bad or is it all just negative hype?
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

KH Vandread wrote:
I've been curious for a while now, to anyone who has been there, what do you think of the Emo's venue? I haven't been to a concert there myself, but I have heard nothing but bad things from anyone I've talked to about it. From what I have been told and read, it smells awful, the floor is lined with sticky, stale beer, has one of the nastiest bathrooms in the city and has support columns blocking the view of the stage. Now, I'd hate to condemn a place I've yet to go, but if the only thing Emo's has going for it is some "charm," I think I'd rather drive all the way to Houston or Dallas in order to have a more enjoyable experience.

Go. It will be good for you.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Emo's is a total dive, but it's very worthwhile. It's noteworthy, and I've gone 5 hours to see a show there (just once, though). There were columns, but they're not huge, and I've been to plenty of clubs with more obtrusive things. It does just have a weird charm, and I don't think it did anything detrimental to my show experience. So I say to go for it.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
LacyFace
Sea Post King

KH Vandread wrote:

I'm going to this show and have been to emos a couple times now and its not all bad and your lucky the show is in november because if not emos would bake you up. I have not noticed a smell and have not used their bathrooms and the columns are not that big but they can get in the way if you stand right behind them. If I were you i would get there early and find a good spot. And also try to remember this is a Say Anything concert so their might be some mosh pits in the middle area. If your looking at the stage i would stand on the left because otherwise your against the wall or in the middle. But Emos is not all bad i promise!!!
Ecouter
Vintage Newbie

I hate Emo's. It's easily my least favorite venue in Austin. It's awful. Smoky, crowded, hot, nasty.

But it's bearable, I guess. If someone I really wanted to see was playing there, I wouldn't refrain from going solely based on the fact that it was Emo's. But I definitely do not enjoy the experience as much as I would if they were playing at a nicer venue.

LacyFace
Sea Post King

Ecouter wrote:
I hate Emo's. It's easily my least favorite venue in Austin. It's awful. Smoky, crowded, hot, nasty.

But it's bearable, I guess. If someone I really wanted to see was playing there, I wouldn't refrain from going solely based on the fact that it was Emo's. But I definitely do not enjoy the experience as much as I would if they were playing at a nicer venue.

I agree but since it is Eisley i'd put up with it. But when i saw passion pit there i almost collasped of a heat stroke
Kit
Sea Post King

Emo's isn't the sexiest venue in Austin but it's better than any "club" in Houston - where I previously lived. There is actually an indoor and outdoor stage. I am guessing Eisley is outdoor. The indoor is definitely annoying when they have a relatively higher profile indie act there because it is pretty impossible to move around. The outdoor one is pretty big, and most of it is covered. It's a somewhat smaller version of La Zona Rosa. I just dislike it when someone lights up in front of me. I suspect you probably won't get as much of that at an Eisley gig though.
Jared x
Lost at Forum

If this tour is on Emo's outdoor stage, then there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Yeah, it's sort of gross. Like other people have said, the place is a dive. I've been to sooo much worse though.
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

Thanks for the replies everyone. Hopefully they will be playing outdoors; that sounds like it would be much better than what I've heard of the indoors. If it is outdoors, I'll only have one problem, though it's not related to the venue. I'm wanting to go to the concert with a friend of mine, but she has class the night of the Austin concert, so, unless she skips, we may end up going to Dallas either way Neutral
Kit
Sea Post King

KH Vandread wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone. Hopefully they will be playing outdoors; that sounds like it would be much better than what I've heard of the indoors.

Yeah, there's no way Eisley would be playing indoors. It's far too small for the kind of crowd they draw.
LacyFace
Sea Post King

Kit wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:
Thanks for the replies everyone. Hopefully they will be playing outdoors; that sounds like it would be much better than what I've heard of the indoors.

Yeah, there's no way Eisley would be playing indoors. It's far too small for the kind of crowd they draw.

It is outdoors everyone it says so on their website