Laughing City
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

Show was awesome last night! The setlist didnn't turn out bad actually. But I see why they picked those songs --> younger fan base, not used to the uniqueness of eisley. So they picked more mainstream-like songs.

Anyways, I got a ton of autographs! Finally got Garron's haha! And I got to talk to Chauntelle before the show.

APPARENTLY, right when the doors opened, Sherri and Max were selling Perma one-of-a-kind hand-drawn covers?? A mom of a SA fan showed me. I saw Sherri's signature artwork on one of them. She told me that each one was different and they only had about 15-20 of them? I'm really bad with SA stuff. I thought Perma WAS their ep. So shouldn't there be more? Or maybe they were limited edition ones... They also got signed by them as well. But there was only 2 songs on it? They were all gone within the first several minutes. Not sure if they're doing this for every tour but hint hint to the others.

SilverSprings
Sea Post King

emilytheanteater wrote:
Show was awesome last night! The setlist didnn't turn out bad actually. But I see why they picked those songs --> younger fan base, not used to the uniqueness of eisley. So they picked more mainstream-like songs.

Anyways, I got a ton of autographs! Finally got Garron's haha! And I got to talk to Chauntelle before the show.

APPARENTLY, right when the doors opened, Sherri and Max were selling Perma one-of-a-kind hand-drawn covers?? A mom of a SA fan showed me. I saw Sherri's signature artwork on one of them. She told me that each one was different and they only had about 15-20 of them? I'm really bad with SA stuff. I thought Perma WAS their ep. So shouldn't there be more? Or maybe they were limited edition ones... They also got signed by them as well. But there was only 2 songs on it? They were all gone within the first several minutes. Not sure if they're doing this for every tour but hint hint to the others.

Perma is Sherri and Max's new side project together. The two songs are their songs together Smile They're only selling a few everynight and intend to record more when SA and Eisley have downtime.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

so people finally have heard Perma...what does it sound like?

there were no tracks on their Myspace last time i checked.

Caley
Lost at Forum

I'm not surprised that the Perma singles were gone within the first few minutes, especially since they're at the SA table and autographed by Max. I'll be heading to their table before I even go to Eisley's. LOL.
The boney king of nowhere
Sea Post King

I ended up going to yesterdays show out of nowhere. I also ended up getting free tickets from random people on the walk from the parking lot to the actual venue, that was really sweet.
Eisley's performance was good I'm glad they played Mr. Pine but there were some technical issues that were sometimes noticeable. As everyone predicted Eisley was completely out of place. The two bands before them were "Bro rock" i guess you can say. The energy was really high. People were pushing around and someone even started crowd surfing. When Eisley came out...well yeah completely toned down everything. I don't see why they toured with say anything. If they are gonna gain any fans it might be just those girls that don't really care about music enough to actually follow them and buy Eisley's stuff.

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Jared x wrote:
Saellys wrote:
uncreative wrote:
EP + Perma + t-shirt = $40 + tickets for 2 shows = $90 + gas to Seattle and back (split 2 ways) = $120 + food and such in Seattle = $140 + hoodie??? = $180

In-freaking-sane.

Nah. Not insane at all. Relatively reasonable prices for a quality band. Worth it to me.

$20 for a total if six songs is pretty bloody unreasonable, but then, so is paying headliner price to see an Eisley opening set, which is why I'm staying home with my two iTunes-purchased Fire Kite tracks. $200 Leonard Cohen tickets were my live show extravagance for this year. I have bills to pay.

I'm pretty sure the Perma one comes with some limited edition or one of kind art work, right? So it's $20 for the total of 6 songs, plus all the art work (Fire Kite comes with some inserts probably as well, right?). I guess "bloody unreasonable" is relative. I'm sure if you want the physical copy of Fire Kite, it will be available for less than $10 at a later date, if I had to guess. Probably more like $3 if you want to wait 6 months or so. Well, unless they only press 1000 or so, in which case supply and demand would push it the other way. But usually they make more of them than they can sell for this sort of thing (more so Fire Kite than Perma, as Perma will probably have more demand than supply, if only 15 to 20 a show).
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Jared x wrote:
Saellys wrote:
uncreative wrote:
EP + Perma + t-shirt = $40 + tickets for 2 shows = $90 + gas to Seattle and back (split 2 ways) = $120 + food and such in Seattle = $140 + hoodie??? = $180

In-freaking-sane.

Nah. Not insane at all. Relatively reasonable prices for a quality band. Worth it to me.

$20 for a total if six songs is pretty bloody unreasonable, but then, so is paying headliner price to see an Eisley opening set, which is why I'm staying home with my two iTunes-purchased Fire Kite tracks. $200 Leonard Cohen tickets were my live show extravagance for this year. I have bills to pay.

I'm pretty sure the Perma one comes with some limited edition or one of kind art work, right? So it's $20 for the total of 6 songs, plus all the art work (Fire Kite comes with some inserts probably as well, right?). I guess "bloody unreasonable" is relative. I'm sure if you want the physical copy of Fire Kite, it will be available for less than $10 at a later date, if I had to guess. Probably more like $3 if you want to wait 6 months or so. Well, unless they only press 1000 or so, in which case supply and demand would push it the other way. But usually they make more of them than they can sell for this sort of thing (more so Fire Kite than Perma, as Perma will probably have more demand than supply, if only 15 to 20 a show).

They are limited runs. I think Perma comes with hand drawn cover art, each different, and autographed maybe. Fire Kite comes with a big poster sized litho of Mr. Moon.
*edit* I just realized I read that Perma stuff earlier in this same thread. Also I guess you get the cd directly from Sherri and Max.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Jared x wrote:
Saellys wrote:
uncreative wrote:

In-freaking-sane.

It's already been said, but it's not just songs.

grain thrower wrote:
uncreative wrote:
inorbit wrote:
uncreative wrote:

At the Baylor show they were selling all their merch for $10 to get rid of it. EVERYTHING. That was pretty cool, considering they had hoodies. And I got one. For

So how much was gas to the baylor show?

Probably a few thousand bucks. That jet fuel is expensive, and Airbus' aren't exactly gas savers. Luckily the price was split about 100 ways.

comeback WINNER Laughing Laughing Laughing

and they call you uncreative....

I called myself uncreative. 2 years ago. Maybe I've gotten better through the creative power of Eisley. Laughing
juan_diego
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:
Caley wrote:
Did you want more RN or more Combinations? I'm just happy they're performing Mr. Pine and three new tracks... and no Telescope Eyes. LOL.

I could do without Marvelous Things, Golly Sandra, and Come Clean. And Mr. Pine, to be honest. I do understand why they're playing Come Clean though.

Like I said before, I'll enjoy it. The set list just seems a bit odd to me, for some reason. They said less obscure songs...but Mr. Pine? I'd take that out in a heartbeat and replace it with Like The Actors or Head Against The Sky, since both have iTunes EPs.

I don't mind Mr. Pine at all, haha! But I am deffinitely bummed at the lack of Head Against the Sky. I dunno for some reason I was just really expecting it on this tour. Sad And though I'm happy to not see Telescope Eyes on the setlist I was sorta expecting that as well since Max covered it.

skylitveil
Sea Post King

just got back from the show in san fran. it was amazing! and i was lucky enough to get one of the perma records. if you want one, move fast to the say anything booth, they were sold out in like 2 minutes. the two songs on it are amazing. Very Happy
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

skylitveil wrote:
i was lucky enough to get one of the perma records. if you want one, move fast to the say anything booth, they were sold out in like 2 minutes. the two songs on it are amazing. Very Happy

yes, go on...

pic?

ync
Golly, Poster

i want to try and get the perma record but i'm not sure i want to pay that much for 2 songs though i really want it - can't afford too much on a college budget and i know i already want the ep and a hoodie - and i already bought my tickets as soon as i could so my spending would be up too $93 :/

but please, i would love to see a picture of the cover and a little explanation about the songs Very Happy

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
Catey
Lost at Forum

Oh look what I found boo dumb fans talking during this and being near who ever filmed this.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Catey wrote:
Oh look what I found boo dumb fans talking during this and being near who ever filmed this.

RHODES!

Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
Catey wrote:

RHODES!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address