Laughing City
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Saellys wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
Catey wrote:
Oh look what I found boo dumb fans talking during this and being near who ever filmed this.

RHODES!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I think I've just decided to go to this tour, now.

Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
Catey wrote:
Oh look what I found boo dumb fans talking during this and being near who ever filmed this.

RHODES!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I think I've just decided to go to this tour, now.

I was sitting pretty much directly underneath the Rhodes while they were setting it up last night. I was so thrilled.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Catey wrote:
Autotune conspiracy theorists, eat your filthy words! Shocked Love
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

Nowhere Man wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Jared x wrote:
Saellys wrote:
uncreative wrote:
EP + Perma + t-shirt = $40 + tickets for 2 shows = $90 + gas to Seattle and back (split 2 ways) = $120 + food and such in Seattle = $140 + hoodie??? = $180

In-freaking-sane.

Nah. Not insane at all. Relatively reasonable prices for a quality band. Worth it to me.

$20 for a total if six songs is pretty bloody unreasonable, but then, so is paying headliner price to see an Eisley opening set, which is why I'm staying home with my two iTunes-purchased Fire Kite tracks. $200 Leonard Cohen tickets were my live show extravagance for this year. I have bills to pay.

I'm pretty sure the Perma one comes with some limited edition or one of kind art work, right? So it's $20 for the total of 6 songs, plus all the art work (Fire Kite comes with some inserts probably as well, right?). I guess "bloody unreasonable" is relative. I'm sure if you want the physical copy of Fire Kite, it will be available for less than $10 at a later date, if I had to guess. Probably more like $3 if you want to wait 6 months or so. Well, unless they only press 1000 or so, in which case supply and demand would push it the other way. But usually they make more of them than they can sell for this sort of thing (more so Fire Kite than Perma, as Perma will probably have more demand than supply, if only 15 to 20 a show).

They are limited runs. I think Perma comes with hand drawn cover art, each different, and autographed maybe. Fire Kite comes with a big poster sized litho of Mr. Moon.
*edit* I just realized I read that Perma stuff earlier in this same thread. Also I guess you get the cd directly from Sherri and Max.

yeah, exactly. lol, i just didn't know how to explain it. but yeah, the mom said they were sold directly by sherri and max and they got signed on the spot. but the artwork is pretty nifty. seems like they spent a lot of time on them. so if there are only limited numbers of these one-of-a-kind artwork, do they have more that aren't one-of-a-kind for everyone else to get?

emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

and yeah, she told me those cd's sold out in minutes so if u guys who are going to later shows and want a copy, i suggest getting there in line EARLY.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

grain thrower wrote:
Catey wrote:

Anyone who conspires about Stacy using autotune needs to be smacked. And anyone who puts autotune on her voice (I'm looking at you, whichever Room Noises producer did "Trolley Wood") needs to be shot.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
alinicole
Sea Post King

emilytheanteater wrote:
and yeah, she told me those cd's sold out in minutes so if u guys who are going to later shows and want a copy, i suggest getting there in line EARLY.

kinda feeling like the say anything fans will make it near impossible to get one haha. are they like the fans of other bands in that genre that literally camp out starting at 9 or 10 in the morning? Shocked

princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Saellys wrote:
grain thrower wrote:
Catey wrote:

Anyone who conspires about Stacy using autotune needs to be smacked. And anyone who puts autotune on her voice (I'm looking at you, whichever Room Noises producer did "Trolley Wood") needs to be shot.

God, Stacy's incredible.
And that was the first live performance of Ambulance, right?
Pretty impressive!
The timing of the string-track stuff sounded a *bit* off, but otherwise, nice :O

Smarter was...uh...less-than-exciting, but I'm sure they'll get the hang of it.
pzy
Wookie Luke

One of the coolest Eisley moments I ever witnessed was Stacy singing Sherri's parts in a few songs when Sherri had strep throat in San Diego on the Switchfoot tour. She can hit every note in the universe and never miss one.

All those DuPree girls have incredible and unique voices... it's awesome!

emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

tragedienne wrote:
emilytheanteater wrote:

kinda feeling like the say anything fans will make it near impossible to get one haha. are they like the fans of other bands in that genre that literally camp out starting at 9 or 10 in the morning? Shocked

well i got there an hour before the doors opened and already there was a HUGE line, about 150 people? iono, i'm really bad at estimating. but i was in line for about 30-40 minutes even after the doors opened. i think it depends on the venue. the security guys told me that since there was a younger fan base, they checked ppl with metal detectors and took away their sharpies in fear that we would graffiti. lol. i think maybe 2-3 hours before the show opens will get u a good spot in the line.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

emilytheanteater wrote:
the security guys told me that since there was a younger fan base, they checked ppl with metal detectors and took away their sharpies in fear that we would graffiti.

Treat young people like criminals, and that's what they'll grow up to be.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

pzykotic wrote:
One of the coolest Eisley moments I ever witnessed was Stacy singing Sherri's parts in a few songs when Sherri had strep throat in San Diego on the Switchfoot tour. She can hit every note in the universe and never miss one.

All those DuPree girls have incredible and unique voices... it's awesome!

There's a clip in the "Lighting Conspirators" where she sings the melody line of the chorus on Marvelous Things. Pure bliss. That's from that show, correct?

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

tragedienne wrote:
emilytheanteater wrote:

I was surprised at how big the line was in Portland when I arrived 20 minutes before doors. Same in Seattle. But unlike the Cali shows, the Perma's actually lasted quite a while in Portland and Seattle. There was still like 10 left when the first band started in Portland, and 2 left when the first band started in Seattle. That's an hour after doors. But I think they started making more for each night after the first two stops. If you're there when doors open (even if you are back a ways in the line) you shouldn't have a problem getting a Perma CD.
alinicole
Sea Post King

uncreative wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
emilytheanteater wrote:

I was surprised at how big the line was in Portland when I arrived 20 minutes before doors. Same in Seattle. But unlike the Cali shows, the Perma's actually lasted quite a while in Portland and Seattle. There was still like 10 left when the first band started in Portland, and 2 left when the first band started in Seattle. That's an hour after doors. But I think they started making more for each night after the first two stops. If you're there when doors open (even if you are back a ways in the line) you shouldn't have a problem getting a Perma CD.

Didn't they make 30 for that night though? I think the nights before that had 10 or 15

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

tragedienne wrote:
uncreative wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
emilytheanteater wrote:

Didn't they make 30 for that night though? I think the nights before that had 10 or 15

Yeah, that's what I meant by the bolded text. I wrote that at 3 am last night after getting home from Seattle. I was tired, haha.