Laughing City
juan
Lost at Forum

Listening to some of the tracks in the videos thread, I noticed mr pine is in the live set. Are we likely to see this on the new album? This was the first eisley song I heard and listening to it alongside the valley and ambulance, I think it has stood the test of time. I think it stands up well alongside these new tracks and I hope it gets an outing on the new album. Yes it was on one the ep's, HATS (?) but I think if the valley and ambulance set the scene for lp3, get mr pine on there. I suppose this won't get answers unless Boyd see's it. Anyway...

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

It was on the Laughing City EP. I doubt they're putting it on another release. I mean, if they're going to re-record any old song for the new album, it'll be "Telescope Eyes". Laughing

edit: yeah, breaking out my old LC CD sleeve (the dust!), it's definitely NOT on there. But I've had it in iTunes that way for YEARS. Hahaha.

Last edited by Retrovertigo on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Retrovertigo wrote:
It was on the Laughing City EP. I doubt they're putting it on another release. I mean, if they're going to re-record any old song for the new album, it'll be "Telescope Eyes". Laughing

IT was not on LC EP.

IT was on the self produced Demo #2. But not Laughing City

LC EP track list

I wasn't prepared
Telescope Eyes
Tree tops
Over the Mountains
Laughing City

and that version on HATS was live i believe

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
juan_diego
Sea Post King

Yeah, it was on the very first MossEisley EP, but I believe it was a hidden track. And the version on the Head Against the Sky EP was a live version from the Troubador DVD that never was.

I would LOVE to see Mr. Pine get a proper recording and put on an LP.

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Absolutely should not be on the new album.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i think it should have been on and the lead single for Room Noises, but i don't know about now.

they keep playing it though, so there is obviously something special for all of them about it.

i think there are unreleased studio recordings of it though, but it's been too long for me to really commit to that.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

JBaker wrote:
Absolutely should not be on the new album.

I support this sentiment wholeheartedly.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

It's an awesome, epic song. Maybe the best they ever wrote, and I'm glad to see they still have a strong attachment to it by keeping it in the setlist.

But on the new album? Not gonna happen (nor should it), Michael Vick has a better chance of winning an award from the Humane Society.

Jared x
Lost at Forum

If they put it on the new album, based on the new songs we've heard, I think it'll stick out like a sore thumb. It sort of missed it's window for physical release, IMO, when it didn't make it onto Room Noises. I doubt they'd drag it out and slap it on LP3 though. I think it's just a tour treat for longtime fans.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

bigideas wrote:
i think it should have been on and the lead single for Room Noises, but i don't know about now.

they keep playing it though, so there is obviously something special for all of them about it.

i think there are unreleased studio recordings of it though, but it's been too long for me to really commit to that.

yea, it's a shame that it wasn't even a b-side for room noises, but i think the song had a different feel then the rest of room noises and i'm not really sure where it would've fit on the album... well probably inbetween plenty of paper and one day i slowly floated away.

boyd said in one of the other threads that there's a version of mr. pine that was produced by mike mogis for the laughing city ep, but it wasn't released. as he said, "locked away in digital vaults, never to reach the light of laughing ears..."

but if they do release a recording i'd want it to be a more recent and high quality ones seeing as how things from LC and MT weren't exactly the greatest or most well produced recordings. i don't think it'll work on LP3 cause they seem to have their sights set forward, but maybe sometime on the next album or two, i think the band would still like to write some more new songs before going back to their old material, there's after all a lot more old then new.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i think that Mogis version even had strings recorded for it - either Mr Pine or Sun Feet.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

bigideas wrote:
i think that Mogis version even had strings recorded for it - either Mr Pine or Sun Feet.

really? how do you know that?

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

The Man In The Moon wrote:
bigideas wrote:

really? how do you know that?

i think it was mentioned in one of Boyd's Journal entries at that time - and it stuck out in my mind because i thought those were their best songs at that time.

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Great, great song. One of my favorites out of all of Eisley's songs. The EP2 recording is sufficient, though it would be interesting to hear a re-recorded and produced version. But the bridge that Stacy sings just wouldn't sound as magical with her 21 year old voice as it did back then. You can kind of hear that live.

But the band obviously loves it, it's an awesome song to hear live, and it's a favorite for hardcore fans, so I think and hope that they will continue to play it live.
LacyFace
Sea Post King

Hmm I already have two versions of this song a live version from the head against the sky ep and another version from who knows where but sounds like it was done in a studio so what more do you want from this song? And there is no way that song is going on lp3, first of all its already been released, and second it would not mesh well with new stuff and i wouldn't want it to. Lets hope the new cd has all new songs and not rerecorded songs on it, because that would be a waste.

goto page
 | next >>