Laughing City
brandy alexander
Sea Post King

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it to the Dallas show on the 18th and I was wondering if anybody would be willing to pick up a copy of the Fire Kite EP (and Perma too, but mostly just the FKEP) for me. I'd be willing to pay you back for everything plus shipping, of course. Pretty please? With sugar on top? Please PM me if you can find the charity in the cockles of your cold, black heart to do so.

Alternatively, talk about the Dallas show itp.

Is the show sold out?
Who's all going?
Can we bring cameras?
Will there be a bar?
All these questions and more!!!

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

brandy alexander wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it to the Dallas show on the 18th and I was wondering if anybody would be willing to pick up a copy of the Fire Kite EP (and Perma too, but mostly just the FKEP) for me. I'd be willing to pay you back for everything plus shipping, of course. Pretty please? With sugar on top? Please PM me if you can find the charity in the cockles of your cold, black heart to do so.

Alternatively, talk about the Dallas show itp.

Is the show sold out?
Who's all going?
Can we bring cameras?
Will there be a bar?
All these questions and more!!!

not sure why the questions about the Dallas show are so interesting if you know you can't go, but it is not sold out (the venue is still selling tickets)

as for the bar:

Eisley lists the venue as The Door
The venue lists the venue as The Prophet Bar (big room)

For those unaware, the Prophet Bar big room IS The Door; When a show is listed as Prophet Bar (big room), there is usually a bar. When a show is under the auspices of The Door, there usually isn`t.

The Door is a primarily a teen oriented "Christian" club. The Prophet Bar's target audience is broader.

So I don't know which one applies to the SA/Eisley show. The info. conflicts.

As S/A is primarily a (young) teen oriented act, it wouldn't surprise me terribly if it is actually a Door show and there is no bar (don't know how many of S/A's fans would be of age and therefore if running a bar would be profitable).

I would offer to pick you up a disk, but it is as yet unclear whether I can make it.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

brandy alexander wrote:

if someone would do that for me, i'd be grateful as well.
(i would prefer a Sherri drawn Perma cover*).

are those things both $10?

*this beggar is a chooser

The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

Honestly, I can't imagine that these 2 bands are performing in the Prophet bar. The Prophet Bar is BEHIND the old Gypsy Ballroom (formerly the Tea Room). It is maybe a 250 max capacity in there, tops. I imagine they will be playing the actual "Door" stage, which would be the one they played back in the old gypsy days.

fyi.

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
Congratulations
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:

are those things both $10?

Yes, I paid $10 each for the Perma CD's and the Fire Kite EP. The lithograph comes for free with the EP.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

The5thavocado wrote:
Honestly, I can't imagine that these 2 bands are performing in the Prophet bar. The Prophet Bar is BEHIND the old Gypsy Ballroom (formerly the Tea Room). It is maybe a 250 max capacity in there, tops. I imagine they will be playing the actual "Door" stage, which would be the one they played back in the old gypsy days.

fyi.

It is in the big room. For some reason they call some of the shows The Prophet Bar In The Big Room. I don't really understand why they do that, but who knows.

golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

People considering this offer should think of a convenience charge to tack on.
It's only fair.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
mykatjim
Sea Post King

didn't want to start a new thread for this but does anyone know when eisley what time eisley will play?
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

golly andrew wrote:
People considering this offer should think of a convenience charge to tack on.
It's only fair.

no one ever offered to do it for me, so i hope the others got their wishes. Crying or Very sad

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Meggers wrote:
The5thavocado wrote:

fyi.

It is in the big room. For some reason they call some of the shows The Prophet Bar In The Big Room. I don't really understand why they do that, but who knows.

Ummm. lets try again:
Door show= no booze
Prophet Bar (big room) show = booze.
The Door shows are often directed at a younger (i.e. teen) and usually explicitly "Christian" (meaning "conservative" evangelical and fundie) crowd.
Prophet bar shows... aren't.