Laughing City

should whoever's responsible for changing the flavor of NECCO Sweetheart's be raped, murdered, and thrown in a vat of acid?
HELL $#@! YES! THEY RUINED MY ENTIRE LIFE! THE BASTARDS!
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
well, that all sounds a bit harsh, but they should probably be fired, or at least be given a stern talking to, for destroying an important Valentine's Day tradition!
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
no, but they SHOULD change them back to the way they've always been, anyways!
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
no, NECCO Sweetheart's used to taste like $#@! chalk, and thank God they finally wised up and fixed them!
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
uh, what? i don't know what your talking about, but you really need to stop cursing, and could possibly even do with some psychiatric medication!
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 21

do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

so Valentine's Day is coming up, and all of the stores are stocking up on NECCO's Sweethearts and Brach's Conversation Hearts, and, of course, I picked up the NECCO's. why? because, Brach's are always way too sweet, too fruity, too chewy, too bright, too colorful, too everything, when compared to perfectly balanced wonders which are the original “conversation hearts”, NECCO's Sweethearts!

so, what's with all the NECCO hate in the subject then? simple: i bought myself a bag of NECCO's, as i always dutifully do, AND THEY TASTE LIKE $#@! BRACH'S! i looked at their website, and, yes, sure enough, they did change the formula, and, yes, it was to make them sweeter, fruitier, chewier, etc, and generally more like Brach's (although they don't actually come out and mention Brach's by name!) i couldn't believe it: the original is now trying to knock-off the knock-off, and, frankly, doing a horrible job at it!

NECCO RUINED MY WHOLE $#@! VALENTINE'S DAY! $#@! YOU NECCO! $#@! YOU!
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

Wow.

Okay.

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Funny, I'd never heard of NECCO, and thought you didn't like Jimmy Gnecco the lead singer and songwriter of Ours, and couldn't spell. I didn't really believe it though, it was just a whimsical thought.

Anyways, sorry about your candy. I can think of worse things to ruin your Valentines day than missing out on your favorite pastel, dry, candy.

Your post could signify have a very privileged and lovely life, a completely deprived and miserable one, or a streak or ridiculousness in your sense of humor. I'll go with the latter. By some Sweet Tarts instead. Use your imaginations for the words, and let the taste do the talking.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

It's just candy. What's the big deal...
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:

GOSH!!!!!!!!111 DON'T YOU READ!??!?!?!?!!11 $#@!!~THEY RUINED HIS WHOLE $#@! VALENTINE'S DAY AND PROBABLY HIS WHOLE $#@! LIFE TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

Apparently.

That is all.

Last edited by golly_sandra on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

i also found that they're on Twitter now! it almost makes me want to sign up to Twitter just so i can complain… almost…

honestly, it really isn't a "big deal", it's just that it bugged me and i wanted to complain and knew that there was no possible way to complain about something like this without seeming like a complete freak, so i just went for it and had a little fun!

edit: oh, and i'm a him, but you can call me a “her” if i want, i don't mind…
Last edited by do not be afraid. on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
johnip
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
i also found that they're on Twitter now! it almost makes me want to sign up to Twitter just so i can complain… almost…

honestly, it really isn't a "big deal", it's just that it bugged me, and i wanted to complain, and new that there was no possible way to complain about something like this without seeming like a freak, so i just went for it and had a little fun!

Mr. Green That's the spirit!

I read something last year about them changing Necco Wafers to all natural flavorings. Like cabbage juice and stuff. Laughing Guess they did the same thing with the hearts and it messed up the consistency or w/e...

Lost at Forum

lolwut
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

johnip wrote:
I read something last year about them changing Necco Wafers to all natural flavorings. Like cabbage juice and stuff. Laughing Guess they did the same thing with the hearts and it messed up the consistency or w/e...

um, i haven't noticed any significant change to the NECCO wafers at all, so i don't think thats it — especially since the Sweetheart's website boasts about the new flavor and texture, while the NECCO website boasts about retaining the “classic” flavors while using “all natural” ingredients.
johnip
Vintage Newbie

ah. oh well.
Vintage Newbie

While I initially chuckled at the over-the-topness of this thread, I just found out that my husband's PayPal account was identity theft'd and someone tried to transfer $3300 from his bank account, and succeeded far enough for PayPal to remove the money and put a hold on the account until the issue can be resolved by mail, which means we're out three grand until the hold is removed, and suddenly all lesser complaints seem downright insulting in their frivolity and kind of make me want to stab people in the eye.

Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
While I initially chuckled at the over-the-topness of this thread, I just found out that my husband's PayPal account was identity theft'd and someone tried to transfer $3300 from his bank account, and succeeded far enough for PayPal to remove the money and put a hold on the account until the issue can be resolved by mail, which means we're out three grand until the hold is removed, and suddenly all lesser complaints seem downright insulting in their frivolity and kind of make me want to stab people in the eye.

Wink

All the emoticons in the world cannot hide the malicious intent in your heart.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Wink

All the emoticons in the world cannot hide the malicious intent in your heart.

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

goto page
 | next >>