Laughing City

should whoever's responsible for changing the flavor of NECCO Sweetheart's be raped, murdered, and thrown in a vat of acid?
HELL $#@! YES! THEY RUINED MY ENTIRE LIFE! THE BASTARDS!
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
well, that all sounds a bit harsh, but they should probably be fired, or at least be given a stern talking to, for destroying an important Valentine's Day tradition!
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
no, but they SHOULD change them back to the way they've always been, anyways!
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
no, NECCO Sweetheart's used to taste like $#@! chalk, and thank God they finally wised up and fixed them!
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
uh, what? i don't know what your talking about, but you really need to stop cursing, and could possibly even do with some psychiatric medication!
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 21

Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
While I initially chuckled at the over-the-topness of this thread, I just found out that my husband's PayPal account was identity theft'd and someone tried to transfer $3300 from his bank account, and succeeded far enough for PayPal to remove the money and put a hold on the account until the issue can be resolved by mail, which means we're out three grand until the hold is removed, and suddenly all lesser complaints seem downright insulting in their frivolity and kind of make me want to stab people in the eye.

Wink

All the emoticons in the world cannot hide the malicious intent in your heart.

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Yeah, because people always smile right after they get stabbed in the eye.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
johnip
Vintage Newbie

they smile? Shocked Laughing
Vintage Newbie

dammit
Vintage Newbie

Those 30 seconds will kill ya'!

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I am lovin' this thread right about now. Laughing

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Yea, this thread took a big turn for the better. I laughed twice. not bad.

It was something like this: Laughing Laughing But not really...
Catey
Lost at Forum

Yeah I hate when company's change the flavour of their products too.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
While I initially chuckled at the over-the-topness of this thread, I just found out that my husband's PayPal account was identity theft'd and someone tried to transfer $3300 from his bank account, and succeeded far enough for PayPal to remove the money and put a hold on the account until the issue can be resolved by mail, which means we're out three grand until the hold is removed, and suddenly all lesser complaints seem downright insulting in their frivolity and kind of make me want to stab people in the eye.

Wink

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

He isn't smiling. He has been reduced to grinning idiocy because her weapon penetrated the back of the eye socket and destroyed his frontal lobe.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Wink

He isn't smiling. He has been reduced to grinning idiocy because her weapon penetrated the back of the eye socket and destroyed his frontal lobe.

THAT'S RIGHT.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

lol never heard anyone make such a big deal out of a little candy heart! What do you have against things that are fruity? And chewy? And sweet? Geez...people these days!

And I don't really know what NECCO is, but after reading this I kinda feel like sending my team of ninjas after it...to hell with your gay ass 'vat of acid'...my ninjas will eff NECCO up!...we have to act fast before they go on changing their other candy's into fruity, chewy, and sweet little implings!

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

actually, i read up on this very important issue, and they did produce some of the “old school” Sweetheart's flavors this year, and my mom was able to find them, and Valentine's was saved! go mom!

why make two completely different versions of the exact same thing without indicating in any way that they're different, and how/why they're different? the only way to tell them apart is to know the semi-secret "give away": the yummy flavors have the “NECCO” logo on the back and a message telling you to eat “NECCOs” all year round (and you should!), while the $#@! flavors just say that they were made by the “New England Confectionary Company.”

so, as long as they keep on making the old ones, and don't $#@! around with Squirrel Nut Zippers (the greatest candy of all time!), i'll take back my hate — for now…
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
johnip
Vintage Newbie

So that's what NECCO means! haha Laughing
Vintage Newbie

Squirrel Nut Zippers is a candy? I just thought it was a band.

I think Nut Zipper is moonshine too.

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

do not be afraid. wrote:
actually, i read up on this very important issue, and they did produce some of the “old school” Sweetheart's flavors this year, and my mom was able to find them, and Valentine's was saved! go mom!

why make two completely different versions of the exact same thing without indicating in any way that they're different, and how/why they're different? the only way to tell them apart is to know the semi-secret "give away": the yummy flavors have the “NECCO” logo on the back and a message telling you to eat “NECCOs” all year round (and you should!), while the $#@! flavors just say that they were made by the “New England Confectionary Company.”

so, as long as they keep on making the old ones, and don't $#@! around with Squirrel Nut Zippers (the greatest candy of all time!), i'll take back my hate — for now…

Practically everyone my kids brought home said NECCO. Funny I noticed that after your rant. Laughing Kids didn't like them, I ate most of them... Laughing
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

It's just the idea of a whole thread about a candy is craking me up!

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>