Laughing City
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Somewhat relevant question:

What does this mean for "The Baby" and the Stacy demos and all the other unfinished tracks that were stolen?

Any discussion of them has become sort of taboo, and for good reason. I just wonder what the current status of opinion is about sharing those files, because, stolen though they may be, I personally listen to them more than any of the other Eisley music on my iPod (and therefore ALL the other music on my iPod).

Here is a link to my youtube, by the way, on which I have uploaded 3 of the rarer songs. I've already removed a Stacy demo, and will certainly remove any of the others if you wish it so.

http://inconnumag.com
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
Somewhat relevant question:

What does this mean for "The Baby" and the Stacy demos and all the other unfinished tracks that were stolen?

Any discussion of them has become sort of taboo, and for good reason. I just wonder what the current status of opinion is about sharing those files, because, stolen though they may be, I personally listen to them more than any of the other Eisley music on my iPod (and therefore ALL the other music on my iPod).

Here is a link to my youtube, by the way, on which I have uploaded 3 of the rarer songs. I've already removed a Stacy demo, and will certainly remove any of the others if you wish it so.

The label never owned those recordings, and they were stolen off one of the DuPrees' computers in their own home by someone they knew, so their signed or unsigned status has no bearing on their attitude toward the Baby. Or so I assume.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eisleyfan14203
Sea Post King

well in that case I am bingeing on Eisley till the new album. Ive got 48 songs on repeat Smile

follow me Smile
boyd
Eisleyoid

I dunno... on those songs. You have "baby", I have so many other folders w/ volumes of songs in each. I listen sometimes and think... "wow - there's an album - right there"... but I also know that songs presented SO rough are not necessarily good for a band when they get out. You guys adore... but others are less forgiving.

They're like unfinished pieces of art you never developed for a port folio; idea stage only... song fragments. I see how they develop from that stage forward. Sometimes the difference is so massive... you'd hardly recognize the embryonic fragment. They're curiously alluring but also awkward.

What's out there is out there. Someone did steal them; we're over it. WB has nothing to do with those untracked songs. The band feels awkward about them being out there. Not happy but... wudder u gonna do.

I think the beauty and benefit of those songs, others like them - coupled with where we are (free) is what i'm most excited about and what I believe is going to be felt by all. That's what I've been talking about. All we have to do is figure out a way to record - more often... w/o a huge studio price tag. Max and Darren and us... collectively are working toward building something slowly toward that end. We all live close together, are in and out of each others houses every day. It's funny... almost like a DuPree KOA campground.

If you can record your music, you never have to go away. Labels can go to wherever labels go when they die.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

boyd wrote:
All we have to do is figure out a way to record - more often... w/o a huge studio price tag. Max and Darren and us... collectively are working toward building something slowly toward that end.

This is really great to hear. As impressed as I've been with the songs that have come from Rosewood, y'all are totally capable of engineering and producing yourselves if you've got the equipment. An Eisley home studio means you'll only ever have to pay for getting a physical product made from your recordings. That is without a doubt the place to be. Doooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiit! Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

If I weren't a penniless teen I would contribute to the DuPree Home Studio fund.

http://inconnumag.com
eisleyfan14203
Sea Post King

Oh god, If I had a job too I would SOOO contribute part of my weekly checks lol take out for taxes,savings, and dupree home studio

follow me Smile
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

that home studio idea does sound amazing and kinda makes me think of the original raw mosseisley quality.

boyd wrote:
I dunno... on those songs. You have "baby", I have so many other folders w/ volumes of songs in each. I listen sometimes and think... "wow - there's an album - right there"... but I also know that songs presented SO rough are not necessarily good for a band when they get out. You guys adore... but others are less forgiving.

there're even more songs?! =O *faints*
surely there might be some sort of boxed set demos someday!

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
boyd
Eisleyoid

It's what Midlake did. They spent 2 years on the record Bella Union just released. They were 5 guys with jobs and started touring, putting bucks back into it. It was amazing recording at Rosewood. They're a pro-audio studio; like... they have $10,000 vintage mics and the best interface gear money can buy, etc... we might not get there for years but we have to start somewhere. Right now, nothing. Max bought a few things that will help him move beyond garage band. Darren has a few things... it's a start. Right now, without this record in hand... and no label, we'd be in the same boat as any start-up band. Anyway... glad u guys see the vision. It's the only way to truly be free.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

boyd wrote:
It's what Midlake did. They spent 2 years on the record Bella Union just released. They were 5 guys with jobs and started touring, putting bucks back into it. It was amazing recording at Rosewood. They're a pro-audio studio; like... they have $10,000 vintage mics and the best interface gear money can buy, etc... we might not get there for years but we have to start somewhere. Right now, nothing. Max bought a few things that will help him move beyond garage band. Darren has a few things... it's a start. Right now, without this record in hand... and no label, we'd be in the same boat as any start-up band. Anyway... glad u guys see the vision. It's the only way to truly be free.

sounds quite fun though to be honest. kinda like what i imagine people like conor oberst to be doing in their basement =P. though i think it'd be cool for eisley to get their hands on a 4-track player (or 8 track or 16 track) and release a raw lo-fi ep or album

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Lynn
Golly, Poster

This is going to take so much time (and money) but I am sure it's going to be SO worth it Smile
Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

Wow maybe I should wander on over to Eisleyblog more often haha I totally missed this.

That's great news. The band knows we'll all help in whatever way possible and wish the best of luck, which may be what it's down to now. You have the talent that's for sure.

Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

grain thrower wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

grain thrower wrote:

props for the time and imagination that went into that Very Happy

Meanwhile, a modest studio rig to do Eisley justice (though not decked out in vintage gear), could be put together for a couple of grand in a basement, work room, or, I don't know Coffee Galaxy perhaps.

Honestly, for an old school recording, do like the olden days (Or Rick Rubin) and get a good live mix from the board at Brewtones, and cut loose. Nothing like Live to Tape.

This may not be the record for that approach, but down the line, you can get a great record that way. A little mixing, editing and mastering. I'm not saying cut the album live in one take like a show, just cut the songs live in studio, cept the studio is Brewtones. You guys have a mixer, so now all you need is a tape deck and some Type 2 tapes (and a good sound guy to make sure the live mix is on point). The rest is just a matter of practice and performance.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>