Laughing City
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

does anyone know the chords or anything of the sort?!
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

I was wondering about this. I love the piano part.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I Googled "silver spring chords" and the first result was the song's entry on Ultimate-Guitar.com. Search engines are generally faster than waiting for people to reply to threads. Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lonelynation3
Vintage Newbie

oh. lol well thanks though!
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I Googled "silver spring chords" and the first result was the song's entry on Ultimate-Guitar.com. Search engines are generally faster than waiting for people to reply to threads. Wink

Oh, come on! Half my posts have been replying to stuff that is easily googled. Take away googling for others, what will I do? I guess I'll have to get a hobby now... Create a new brownie recipe or something... or just google someone else's brownie recipe and call it my own! Ah, the modern age! Razz Put an extra 1/4 tsp of salt in and then call it my own so I don't get sued? Damon's Famous Brownies. Has a nice ring to it. GOOD BYE LAUGHING CITY! Wink
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Oh, come on! Half my posts have been replying to stuff that is easily googled. Take away googling for others, what will I do? I guess I'll have to get a hobby now... Create a new brownie recipe or something... or just google someone else's brownie recipe and call it my own! Ah, the modern age! Razz Put an extra 1/4 tsp of salt in and then call it my own so I don't get sued? Damon's Famous Brownies. Has a nice ring to it. GOOD BYE LAUGHING CITY! Wink

Laughing

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

It's really easy. It's a C chord with G as the root then movie into an F chord with A as the root chord and also throw in a D, so you should be playing ACDF on that chord and then back to the C chord with G as the root key.

Then when it gets into the chorus (well, ya know) part it's an F chord and play FA, GB and then AC on the first upwards climb and then AC, BD and then CE on the second climb and then back to the first climb and then back to the first part I wrote earlier.

It's the same until it gets to the bridge-ish part and the it's A-A-CDE (atleast I'm pretty sure, or it's A-A-BCE). G-G-BCD, G-G-CE, F-F-AC, G-G-BCD, GBCD, C-D. It's that pretty much over and over again, when I write out the keys together, it means to play them together, just fyi.

And then play the first part again and that's pretty much it. Hopefully I explained that okay.

This is for keyboard/piano.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Last edited by The_Paronomasial_Mattoid on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

^Size 150? Good grief.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

sukieinthe_g wrote:
^Size 150? Good grief.

Now a size 0. No need for bulk posting here ...

Now we return to our regularly scheduled program.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
It's really easy. ...
And then play the first part again and that's pretty much it. Hopefully I explained that okay.

This is for keyboard/piano.

Did you figure all this out while listening to Stacy and them preform? Think maybe your tab could go in the "ish" section at fervid.org/eth/ Smile

edit: Jeremy Larson posted a beautiful mp3 of that experience! http://jeremylarson.typepad.com/jeremy_larson/2010/02/silver-springs-d ownload.html

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I have the song on my iPod, so I went to a piano and figured it out, for the most part. I really love playing it. It's really pretty.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!