Laughing City
Catey
Lost at Forum

The summer tour won't help relay my need for new Eisley since I am stuck here in London and youtube videos never do the band justice.

I bought the album on the day of release in 07 while on vacation in Orlando and had to wait 9 hours to fly back to England plus two hours or so getting home/security to listen to Combinations and that was tough enough.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

They have enough songs already recorded, just laying around collecting dust, to put out an LP. Just do it! Your fans will love it. I guess it may have to be songs recorded before or after they were with WB, right? Or maybe WB will sign over the rights to songs they don't want to release? Hope some of those songs that select insiders have will find their way to the masses. I for one never heard a lot of the "stolen" songs, but they are good, right? Reminds me of a line from Rattle and Hum -- This is a song Charles Manson stole from the Beatles, we're stealing it back... Helter Skelter
Congratulations
Sea Post King

JBaker wrote:
To be honest, I lost interest in Eisley because it took them so long to put out Combinations.

Yeah, I hate to say it, or to sound too negative, but I'm losing interest now. I had fun at the live shows in November, and I loved hearing the three newer songs live. But that was almost six months ago now, and really those songs weren't exactly new then. I did think the Christmas song was a nice treat. I had zero interest in SXSW, and I've already made two trips this year to see other acts perform live.

Mr. Locke was a breath of fresh air, but this place feels like it's dying again. I know everyone's on facebook, and I'm there too, but it's not the same. I actually think that in a way the facebook thing has had an interesting dulling effect, at least for me, but I don't want to sound spoiled or ungrateful.

Anyway, maybe I'm just moving on, which happens. But I don't feel a whole lot pulling me back, either. Maybe some new material would do the trick?
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^as far as Facebook, I don't interact with the band much on their, but I see that a lot of the members here are on their as well, so there's that... I can personally say FB has ruined birthdays for me. I was always sketchy on celebrating mine, but I liked to remember everybody else's, and since FB does that for you, and helps people who can hardly remember your last name remember you birthday, which they never acknowledge before, I reached a tipping point, and just ignore em' all.

And JohnLocke did whip up some excitement for a couple of weeks, which was very entertaining. Thing is, it's spring, people are Getting outdoors, enjoying life outside, exiting their confines. The web is the outside while you inside for the winter, but it's nice out, so it makes sense folks would get off of the enternet to go out.

sorry to hear some of you tried and trues are a little burnt out/ disenchanted/ disengaged. What will the Newbies think?

Funny, I've been listening to the band for nearly 7 years and their music hasn't gotten any worse for it. I still love the songs I love, and am as lukewarm as ever to the one's I was cool on. It is what it is, and really, 3 years is not that long of a time by modern standards for a proper studio record, much less a promising one with 4 fan favorites already slated to appear.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I've been listening to Eisley ever since Room Noises came out in 2005, and I still get a thrill through me whenever I hear an Eisely song! And after all it's been 8 years between albums for Phil Collins! Good things are always worth waiting for! Very Happy
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

mikep0922 wrote:
I've been listening to Eisley ever since Room Noises came out in 2005, and I still get a thrill through me whenever I hear an Eisely song! And after all it's been 8 years between albums for Phil Collins! Good things are always worth waiting for! Very Happy

The difference is that Phil Collins is a legend.

sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

I rewatched a video of 'Smarter' the other day. It was a recent acoustic performance they did at Brewtones and Max was playing with them. I got to thinking about what a great song it is and how much I love their new material. I remembered how they said long ago that a lot of this new album was inspired by the horrible relationship stuff that happened semi-recently (we all know the stories). However, because of the amount of time that's passed since all the bad stuff/drama (even Max's twitter thing that happened a couple of months ago blew over very quickly), I wasn't really reminded of any of it when I watched 'Smarter' again. However, when Fire Kite was released, all that was pretty fresh on my mind - especially since we've heard that 'Ambulance' was written about the pain Sherri experienced.

So, I'm thankful for the passage of time in all this. When this new album eventually comes out, I know that I'll always mentally connect it with not only what's happening in my own life at that time, but what's happening with the band/family members at that time, too (since they're very ok with being open with their fans). All these songs are so great and different than their previous material; I really want to connect it with their bright, open, and undetermined future - which seems to be how things are right now.

I think I can wait a bit longer for the album. (I just want freakin' see a GOOD video of 'Sad' so I can hear the song clearly.) Mad

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ well said, and very insightful. Great perspective. Glad you shared, glad I read. I second that emotion!

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I didn't read the first page of this topic, so maybe someone asked this already. If so, I apologize.

Why can't they just release the album digitally for now and then release the physical copy as soon as they are able to? I know I'd buy both. I hate only having something in digital format. If they sold it through their website in addition to iTunes (or only their website at first), couldn't they make some decent money?

As for whether or not they "need" to release LP #3 this year, I would lean towards yes. I love the band, but I'm growing tired of listening to Ambulance, The Valley, and the old live recording of Smarter that I have. I'm afraid by the time the album actually gets released, I'll be over it. Confused

That being said, I Could Be There For You is one of my all-time favorite songs, and it will more than likely always be.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
Why can't they just release the album digitally for now and then release the physical copy as soon as they are able to? I know I'd buy both. I hate only having something in digital format. If they sold it through their website in addition to iTunes (or only their website at first), couldn't they make some decent money?

As for whether or not they "need" to release LP #3 this year, I would lean towards yes. I love the band, but I'm growing tired of listening to Ambulance, The Valley, and the old live recording of Smarter that I have. I'm afraid by the time the album actually gets released, I'll be over it. Confused

I agree. I love the new stuff they've released but it's almost that there will be such a long time in between the EP and the actual release of the album that the songs will already be worn out by the time we finally get. I think they should just release it onto iTunes, Amazon and where ever else they can release it so it can be digital and then release the physical copy when they can, as well.

I think that'd be the smartest move for them. I know of other bands that have done that. I can't name any off the top of my head cause I honestly don't remember but I know there are. Actually, Brighten just did that with their new EP "Be Human". It would be better to release it onto a site that takes very little from the profit of them selling it through their site. That way, more money goes directly into Eisley's pocket and not to the people who are making it available to download.

There is always the possibility of just making your own store and selling mp3's of the album through your site. Once the purchase is made, an email could be sent to them with a link that's only good for that person until they download the album. Possibly have a booklet or lyrics that would download with it.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^examples: MAE, Radiohead, Vedera, Lovedrug, among others.

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I think it is imperative that they release an album this year. The music industry is shifting significantly and Eisley is falling off the radar. People used to namedrop them as one of their favorite artists often. I used to see people wearing Eisley shirts fairly regularly. But Eisley is not getting themselves in Pitchfork or even on hot music blogs. I'm not sure their sound can even survive the current twists in the industry (heavily electronic vs. heavily acoustic/folksy) so they had better try while they can if they ever want to "make it."
Sea Post King

if they've got the tunes, no reason not to.
Kit
Sea Post King

JBaker wrote:
To be honest, I lost interest in Eisley because it took them so long to put out Combinations.

So long? Two and a half years is practically "rushing it" nowdays. Back in the 60s and 70s, yeah it wasn't unheard of for a band to release a new album every year. But today, a lot of bands wait as long as 4 years or longer to release new material. Eisley's little 2 1/2 year wait was nothing.
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Kit wrote:
JBaker wrote:

So long? Two and a half years is practically "rushing it" nowdays. Back in the 60s and 70s, yeah it wasn't unheard of for a band to release a new album every year. But today, a lot of bands wait as long as 4 years or longer to release new material. Eisley's little 2 1/2 year wait was nothing.

very few albums fall into the category of "long wait" after one has survived the delay of Extraordinary Machine.