Laughing City
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Sherri, proving to be WAY more punk than originally thought, begins a suspected sleeve:

Shocked

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I love half-sleeves on girls. Not usually a fan of straight-up lineart, but this looks nice and crisp, and I give her mad props for including a Rickenbacker in the design.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Saellys wrote:
I love half-sleeves on girls. Not usually a fan of straight-up lineart, but this looks nice and crisp, and I give her mad props for including a Rickenbacker in the design.

I like it...
didn't think she had it in her - if it doesn't turn out to be a lick and stick out of an extra large pack of bazooka, that is.

(but- and not to be curmudgeonly, I've never been totally convinced that what she does with a guitar and where it ends up in the mix strictly speaking does justice to that 360 of hers though).
pzy
Wookie Luke

I like it. It's pretty ballsy for a first tat.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

pzy wrote:
I like it. It's pretty ballsy for a first tat.

Second tat, actually. The first was Max's name on her inner arm, by her wrist. It says Maxim. Thank you twitter, for making me feel like a stalker now. Anyways, I absolutely love this tattoo. It's so awesome.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

It's well done, so cred to the original artists, and the tattoo artist as well.

Once upon a time I thought a well crafted, and placed tattoo could make a person look like a bad-ass or a rocker. I got over it. Muscles, Veins, Scars, Beards, and Chops do the trick these days.

Wonder if she'll eventually get it colored? Sure to be more painful, but it's the kind of character that begs to be shaded, at least to my eyes.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:

Wonder if she'll eventually get it colored? Sure to be more painful, but it's the kind of character that begs to be shaded, at least to my eyes.

Well, you feel the lines a lot more than the colors, which don't go in as deep, not than any of it really hurts, per se (unless its somewhere extraordinarily sensitive, I suppose)
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

She never struck me as the type to have/get a tattoo. It still looks pretty cool. I hope she posts more pictures.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Once upon a time I thought a well crafted, and placed tattoo could make a person look like a bad-ass or a rocker. I got over it. Muscles, Veins, Scars, Beards, and Chops do the trick these days.

+1 to this. I'm not a fan of Brandi Carlile's tattoos, but the way the tendons in her left hand stand out when she plays? Total badass.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

Well, you feel the lines a lot more than the colors, which don't go in as deep, not than any of it really hurts, per se (unless its somewhere extraordinarily sensitive, I suppose)

I've heard that. But I've also heard that getting color applied over large areas/ long periods of time can start to burn and ache pretty bad. Outside of the Ric (bet that was the most painful part actually) there's a lot more empty space to fill in, and that's a really big character for an arm considering it goes shoulder to near elbow.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

um...wow.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

wow, I would never be ballsy enough to get a tattoo that big. It looks really good though. gotta love sherri's art!
keithabbott
Sea Post King

Shocked

I'm not a fan of tattoos at all. I like the design of her tattoo, but personally I think she would have been better off putting it on a wall instead. But that's just my personal taste. I sure hope she doesn't regret her decision one day. It's not as easy as washing out the color in her hair should she change her mind. My opinion certainly doesn't change the fact that she's an amazing artist. Smile

SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

She should have ended up with a tattoo with skulls fire and crosses. Maybe next time around that's what she should do.
alinicole
Sea Post King

I think the tattoo itself is nice, it's original and has personal meaning to her. I'm just not a fan of the position/size. It isn't my body, though... so as long as she's happy with it!

goto page
 | next >>