Laughing City
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

golly_sandra wrote:
uncreative wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
Lame Idea Alert:

I say we do a Tribute Album: A Tribute to Eisley's Forthcoming LP

Cover the songs fans have heard, songs we wish they'd record for this LP, and make up songs for titles we know of other songs that have been slated for this record.

Those with means to track rhythm parts or Embellishments for others who would like Stings, Bass, Harmony, and Drums can volunteer their talents.

I'll be the bigot to suggest only female singers, and as much harmony as possible (multi-tracked or track passed along digitally to another singer...) to ensure Eisleyness since this is our surrogate LP3 Razz

Who's game???

I couldn't contribute (unless you need some clarinet) but that'd be awesome if it actually came together! Haha.

Because you are uncreative!

Ahaha. Excuse my poor joke. Very Happy Razz

Laughing Knee slapper!

Haha, I actually love lame jokes, so high five!
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Complaining/vent time.

Boydd57 wrote:
I sorta feel sorry for u b'cuz I'm listening to a new Eisley's LP song called: _r _ _ o n. Hate me now but i will yankslap u on that day.

It's a little frustrating to hear things like this, especially since we've been hearing snippets of this album's existence from people like Boyd and Sherri for at least three or four months now.

All I can say at this point is, there better be a freakin' good reason why this album isn't already out.

[/vent] (I understand logistics of their label-less-ness right now making this album release go slow. I just wanted to rant a little. All I want to do is hear the music already! Why won't they let me give them my $15-18?)

princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Mr. Moon?

Yea, I really think, for as much as this album is "bread-crumbing" that it better be mind blowing (at least, in Eisley terms)* when it's in my hands.
'Cause I'm kind of at the annoyed stage...
Weren't those Eiswood videos supposed to be regular thing? I'd like for Trolleywood to be more about footage and less about talk again, as much as I appreciate the talk. I guess I'm just surrounded by industry chat alot of the time and so for me it is less insightful and more an album decoy Razz

*no, that is not derogatory.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Boydd57 wrote:
I sorta feel sorry for u b'cuz I'm listening to a new Eisley's LP song called: _r _ _ o n. Hate me now but i will yankslap u on that day.

Forgive my rudeness, but I read this and I immediately thought...

" Boyd is being a Rock Tease..."

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Agreed. I'm also at the point where the anticipation is fading and annoyance is working it's way in. I really just can't wait until it's out. If this album isn't incredible, I don't know what I'll do, because it's been hyped up to be and if the wait wasn't worth it, geez. Haha, no, not really. I'll love everything Eisley puts out and always will. I just want to hear it so badly!

I think Eisley should have a listening party soon/before the release via online for forum members only. If you want to hear the new album, you have to sign up to be a member on here. It will also bring in a ton of people just so they can hear it AND it might bring in more traffic through here and get new people interested in the LC. That'd be great marketing.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
Agreed. I'm also at the point where the anticipation is fading and annoyance is working it's way in.

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Patience is a virtue. Wink
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

uncreative wrote:
Patience is a virtue. Wink

I will pummel you. jk

Congratulations
Sea Post King

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
Agreed. I'm also at the point where the anticipation is fading and annoyance is working it's way in.

See, I think I'm a little past that. I'm getting to the point where the annoyance is fading, and I kind of just don't care.

Edit for clarity: I still care about and support the band. I'm just not going to anxiously wait for an album that probably won't be out for months, at the earliest.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
sharrkmaster
Sea Post King

Boyd needs to release some more teasers, at least like videos of them performing or recording.. for sure!
Joined: 10 Mar 2008 | Posts: 136 | Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
juan_diego
Sea Post King

some video of them rehearsing new songs for the upcoming tour would be awesome.

Will that happen? Doubt it. Sad

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i think some of you are forgetting (or werent around for) how the Room Noises release went.

Half the songs we already knew. The other half were leaked to us by the band. so the room noises release was uneventful (for me atleast).

even with "the baby" I still enjoyed Combinations more because I didnt hear any of it.

It is not like you get to hear every song from every band you like before they come out.

i, for one, will wait as long as I need to for them to release a quality cd.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

haha i'm stoked about sherri's tweet on their rehearsal of brightly wound

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

mr pine wrote:
i think some of you are forgetting (or werent around for) how the Room Noises release went.

Half the songs we already knew. The other half were leaked to us by the band. so the room noises release was uneventful (for me atleast).

even with "the baby" I still enjoyed Combinations more because I didnt hear any of it.

It is not like you get to hear every song from every band you like before they come out.

i, for one, will wait as long as I need to for them to release a quality cd.

Yup. I'd rather not hear any more new material (be it tour EPs, footage of rehearsal, or what have you) before the album comes out. Let them focus on making a great record rather than catering to the desires of the fans. It will be worth the wait.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

I hate listening to rehearsals and live stuff, things like that. But also I'm kind of sick of waiting and wish it was out already. But as it is with a few others on here, I don't care that much at this point. Sorry guys.