Laughing City
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
Mylovelyislostatsea wrote:
Chicago show was beautiful. The venue was really intimate, and even though there were initially some problems with Sherri's mic, everything sounded amazing. Especially "Sad."

Ugh, I suck with specifics. Overall, it was easily the best concert I've ever seen.

Yes, the show was amazing. I loved it.
I totally was to the right and behind you, if you are who I think you are. haha.

YES. I know exactly who you are, hahah. You're the only other person I can remember who knew all of the words.

Haha, yeah. You were rockin' out, it was awesome. haha

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

found a 'nutha one (not full song) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0XQyWctGeM

goodness gracious,
how did this not get posted on here?? hmmm pals?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uinUKw3l4fo

excellent quality, sir!
just noticed, tho... they had some crazy lights going on haha

and and, this one is yummy, too (actually, this person has a lot of good'ns)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vntGMpfdY8s&feature=related

okay, i'm done for now.. just bored on YouTube searchin'.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

The KC show was amazing. Nora and I got to be there during sound check and talked with Chauntelle and Boyd for a long while. Everyone was so energetic and loud. You could hear the crowd singing along with a lot of songs. It was really cool cause Sherri said that we were louder and more energetic than the audience at Cornerstone, there were about 2000 at Cornerstone and about 150 ish at the KC show.

The Lion and the Sail were awesome. REALLY enjoyed their set. I couldn't really hear Christie during her set but that's because everyone was talking over her while she was playing. Made me sad. What I could hear though, it was really good. I got to talk to Christie for a little bit before and after the show. She's always so sweet. All in all, a freaking great show.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

RUDE to talk over a set. Lame. But yeah, Christie is good, and I'm glad you could hear some. And I'm glad you like TL&TS! Sounds like a good time, and I'm glad you and Nora got to meet up. Smile Thanks for the report!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KayDJ
Sea Post King

I'll second Andrew...the KC show was incredible! Definitely the best of the Eisley shows I've been to. It was just an all-around fantastic night. A guy named Kiernan McMullen played shortly after the sound check, and he was phenomenal! He was selling his EPs out of his backpack, so I bought them both. It was beyond lame that people kept talking through Christie's set, because I was so excited to hear her live...she's incredible, but we all know that. The Lion & The Sail was a very unexpected surprise, I had to hit up their merch table afterwards. One of the two singers, Kelsey, is really nice...we talked for a few minutes in the bathroom. They sound so similar to Eisley, it was an excellent choice for an opener. For such a young and new band, they sounded great!

Eisley was great. The crowd has so much energy and love. We got to hear some oldies (Mr. Pine!!), and they played One Day I Slowly Floated Away (one of my favorites!), which surprised me. Marvelous Things and I Wasn't Prepared were my two favorites of the night.

This is really random, but Sherri said that this was Stacy's last show as a single woman and one of the girls in the audience announced that she's getting married in October and they're dancing to Combinations as their first dance. I listened to the lyrics on the way home...so sweet!

While the show is awesome, I'm too scared to look in my wallet to see how much damage I did...between the Eisley merch table, the Lion & The Sail merch table and Kiernan McMullen's backpack, I spent way too much money! Eek!

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, I forgot to mention the guy after their sound check. I didn't know his name though. During the show, Kayla, Nora, Sully and I hung out for most of the night. It was really cool to hang out with people from the forum. I'm making it a must from now on when I go to Eisley shows. I had a blast hanging out with them. It might not have looked like it cause I was looking around a lot while listening to them talk and I was really tired because I had been awake since 3 am and had worked for a while and ended up being awake for about 22 hours by the time I got home. But it was worth it.

Also, here's the link to Kiernan McMullan's myspace...
http://www.myspace.com/kiernanm

I think he's better live than in his actual recordings. He was really good live.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

this seems to be one of their better tours so far, as all i'm hearing is positive reviews. anyway, i'm stoked that this was my first time seeing eisley, especially since they played a lot of room noises songs that rarely see light now. Stacy looks like an angel in person. anyway, i'm hoping the boyd will give us an earful soon =D

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
norad
Vintage Newbie

Ditto to everything Andrew and Kayla said!

Good to see Boyd and Chauntelle. I had a great time before the show at sound check! Andrew arrived during the middle of sound check and Kayla came after it had ended. Hanging with Andrew and Kayla before the show was really fun.

It's too bad Christie was sick 'cause I think if she wasn't we'd be able to hear her set better.

Also, it was really, really great to run into an old friend from high school! I had introduced her to Eisley years ago. I heaven't seen her since '07. SO glad we ran into each other! Very Happy
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
Ditto to everything Andrew and Kayla said!

Good to see Boyd and Chauntelle. I had a great time before the show at sound check! Andrew arrived during the middle of sound check and Kayla came after it had ended. Hanging with Andrew and Kayla before the show was really fun.

It's too bad Christie was sick 'cause I think if she wasn't we'd be able to hear her set better.

Also, it was really, really great to run into an old friend from high school! I had introduced her to Eisley years ago. I heaven't seen her since '07. SO glad we ran into each other! Very Happy

It sounds like you had a great time! Sorry you couldn't hear christie well, because she did amazing when I saw her in Chicago. I'm jealous you guys all got to meet up with eachother at the show. :]

And by the way Nora, I love your icon/avatar. Supernatural is amazing and Cas is my favorite character. haha.

norad
Vintage Newbie

And by the way Nora, I love your icon/avatar. Supernatural is amazing and Cas is my favorite character. haha.

Yes! Cas is amazing. He would be my favorite character but the suicidal teddy comes in first. Laughing
megamanda
Sea Post King

I met and saw them at Cornerstone Fest!! It was awesome and amazing!!!! Smile

marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:

Yes! Cas is amazing. He would be my favorite character but the suicidal teddy comes in first. Laughing

Jumping on this, I love Cas! I've got a poster of Misha Collins on my wall Confused So...

http://inconnumag.com
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:

Jumping on this, I love Cas! I've got a poster of Misha Collins on my wall Confused So...

A poster? Haha awesome. Very Happy

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

megamanda wrote:

I met and saw them at Cornerstone Fest!! It was awesome and amazing!!!! Smile

Awesome! I'm glad you got to see and meet them. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
RUDE to talk over a set. Lame.

Houston audiences will talk over the headlining acts. It's annoyed a few bands.

Because of the talking, Tim Smith said "this is the last time we're playing Houston" when we saw Midlake last. The band didn't come through Houston on this recent tour. When we saw Ben Folds, he said couldn't use a song he was recording for an iTunes release because of all the talking. Jenny Lewis cut one of her songs short because of the talking (and then her boyfriend ragged on the Houston audience). She moved onto something more upbeat.

I've been to a couple of shows in Houston with fewer than 100 people and people in the crowd were talking during the headliner. Who pays for shows for relatively unknown bands and then proceeds to talk through them? For a big-name act I can understand (although I don't agree with the practice); people know and want to hear the popular radio songs and don't really care about the others. But who pays to see Ozma and then talks on the phone? There were maybe 50 people at that show, and it was in a legitimate music venue.

Is talking during headliners a problem in other cities? (I have no doubt that talking during opening acts is a problem everywhere.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number